Memory Dump

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Memory Dump.
  1. D

    I want to download a driver update for my toshiba c655 to a different hp laptop and don't want any conflict on my hp.

    I need to restore my Toshiba Sat. C655. It just stopped turning on. I saw that I may need to download a driver update for my toshiba. Can I do this to a different hp laptop and not come across any conflicts on my hp.
  2. Jason H.

    GeForce GT 520 102 Deg. C. under load..

    is this normal? I see on the Nvidia website the 520 max temp is 102... how bad is this and how much further could it actually go and still not break, if any at all? Also fan speed is at 100% when this is happening (automatic fan speed, it raises and lowers in connection to the raise and lowering...
  3. W

    need mobo advice

    I need a mobo for this CPU: AMD A6-5400K 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor. I need a "fullsize" not a micro or mini ATX
  4. jwsutts

    An Editing Beast Build - Need Help.

    Approximate Purchase Date: In the next month Budget Range: $2000 - $2500 (with a little wiggle, but keeping it lower is better obviously) System Usage from Most to Least Important: Photo / Video Editing, Graphics work, Gaming, Regular surf the web stuff Parts Not Required: Nothing outside...
  5. G

    120hz Monitors. Futureproof? Help!!

    Hey, so in a nutshell my current monitor sucks. And I have been looking around the web and apparently these 120hz that show over 60 fps are pretty awesome, and make the game look that much smoother - period. The thing is these monitors are pretty expensive... So the question is, if I pay £250...
  6. pschmid

    Color Laser Printers: Fast and Affordable!

    For two years now, manufacturers have been offering some particularly economical models, and HP has even broken new ground by launching a color laser - the Color LaserJet 1600 - selling for less than $300 in mass-retail chain stores.
  7. seanyd

    Operating system compatability?

    i was just researching the web to help me choose what OS i might want, for a new computer i'm going to build, when a certain question came across my path. what Bit OS is compatible with the motherboard and CPU i'm looking to use? this is the motherboard that was recommended to me: AS Rock...
  8. G

    Dual Monitor Setup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have a Sony VAIO desktop and I want to get a second video card and use a spare monitor that I have as a second monitor. Has anyone done this with a VAIO desktop and integrated video? I read that the integrated video has...
  9. G

    Setting download properties

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I'm trying to help a friend. He says that when he downloads from the internet, he doesn't get to choose where it goes. He always has to go looking for the file. Can anyone tell me how you set the download properties so...
  10. R

    I3 2100 bottleneck a hd6950 in battlefield 3

    Hello, i3 2100 bottleneck a hd6950 in battlefield 3 ? thanks
  11. G

    icons are duplicated

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) whenever i add an icon to my desktop, it comes out double. So, i have 2 word icons, 2 my computer icons, etc. When I delete 1 of them, both disappear. I've tried many solutions but i must be missing something. Any ideas...
  12. OS Outlawz

    How to test your GPU ?

    When people run GPU-Z and CPU-Z what are they looking for to see if they are taking full advantage of your GPU ? Also would a FX 6200 bottleneck a 1GB HD 7850 ? I dont seem to be getting the fps I would like. Maybe I am expecting too much from this card?
  13. A

    VLC damaged my laptop speaker

    just installed VLC PLAYER guys on my laptop "DELL" :sarcastic: and used it for sometime , few days back my media player got crashed . anyway i had to use VLC PLAYER , i listen to hard metal so i raised the sound to 200% , well the sound was great after just 15 minutes or something , i heard...
  14. G

    K8N-E Deluxe Bios

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) I installed the 1005 bios for the K8N-E 2 weeks ago. I was checking the Asus site and noticed they removed that bios version!!! Why? I'm not having any problems but that makes me paranoid!!!! (Sir, if you purchased brand X water...
  15. J

    need help with the GeForce 7600GT

    i have ordered GeForce 7600GT in newegg.com but i did not know that 7600GT needs minimum of 350W. and i just found out that my power supply is only 300W. do i need to get a new power supply or can i still use GeForce 7600GT with my 300W?
  16. B

    Attempt to get one without the bottleneck-syndrome

    Allright guys, here's the deal. I'm seriously considering in getting myself a high-end system. However, I want to get all components to work in harmony without one component having to wait around turning fingers while another component can't keep up. Want to OC my processor a bit so a little...
  17. S

    Will Athlon II X4 640 handle a HD6970?

    hi everyone, at the moment i have Athlon II X4 640, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD6570, i'm thinking of upgrading my graphics card to AMD Radeon 6970 so i can run Far Cry 3 on ultra, and other games. Will my processor be ok? I've just learnt about bottleneck... also will i need any special cooling...
  18. ghostmann

    cpu-z says E6600 both cores running at 1.6ghz? 1.2 volts

    Hey Guys, Need help why does cpu-z say both of my cores running at 1.6ghz. Also intel's desktop utility says core volage running at 1.2V? Is this right? How Do I change it back stock setting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Specs: :? intel D975XBX E6600 Zalman ZNPS9500 fan Crucial...
  19. G

    AMD to Launch 95 Watt FX-8300 CPU

    AMD is expected to launch its FX-8300 8-core processor tomorrow. AMD to Launch 95 Watt FX-8300 CPU : Read more
  20. exfileme

    Microsoft Shutting Down Halo 2 PC Multiplayer Servers in Feb

    Multiplayer servers for Halo 2 PC will close on February 15. Microsoft Shutting Down Halo 2 PC Multiplayer Servers in Feb : Read more
  21. D

    System doesn't find new OEM Serial ATA drive

    Does one have to low-level format a new OEM SATA drive? A POST message from the K8V motherboard states: "Scanning for IDE drives" then "No drives attached to Fast Track controller". There are no vanilla IDE hard drives in the system, just a Western Digital 160 GB SATA drive. The system...
  22. tech4808

    Post your setup

    Just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else has for a setup! Not for people to ridicule, just to compare. I wanted something for both gaming and PVR function. Using some existing parts on hand and some new ones came up with: Thermaltake Bach Media Case w/VFD display AMD...
  23. J

    changing my motherboard

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Can I change my motherboard with windows XP installed or would I have to reinstall windows after I changed my motherboard?
  24. R

    flashing abit 38 bios

    ok, i need to get higher voltages out of my abit th7-II board. first of all, will the bios38 give me higher voltage options? seocnd of all how do i flash? i downloaded the file and it inflated into a few files, do i just boot into dos and run the exe or do i need another program? is there a...
  25. J

    New P4 Xeon Reviews?

    I'm just curious if anyone has done a review on dual P4 Xeons. The 512K 2.0 GHz part appears to be about $130 more than a standard P4 2.0 GHz processor which is certainly in the range of possibility for a lot of people and it seems a shame to ignore it simply because it's not deemed a consumer...
  26. G

    freezing...

    i just built my system , the problem i first encountered was that it froze after five minutes of running fine. A friend of mine told me to raise the cpu core, so i did up .2 v adjusted with the jumpers of the epox 8k7a board. It ran a little better, but still it freezes about ever time. I am...
  27. G

    Epox 8K7A or Iwill KK266???

    1.2Ghz T-bird...with Epox 8K7A with DDR or...Iwill KK 266 with PC133...If you were building a new box and had to choose which one would it be??? Other parts...Matrox G450, Plextor CDRW, Hitachi DVD-CD, Diamond MX300, Maxtor ATA/100, Entec SX1040...any bad choices???...mismatched parts??? HELP...
  28. S

    2.5" to 3.5"

    How would I convert the 2.5" Hard Drive - Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB into a Desktop 3.5.... my case will be a Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
  29. kilo_17

    Homeade SATA to USB

    Is there any way I could make a SATA to USB adapter instead of buying one? Just for the data cable, not the power cable too.
  30. G

    external drive no longer recognized

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I purchased and installed an external USB/1394 DVD Recorder and used it for a couple of months without any problems. Then I detached it to use it on another computer. When I tried hooking it up to my computer again, XP...
  31. T

    HELP! Did Windows XP pro mess up my PC?

    PLEASE HELP ME. 11:42 PM I upgraded to Win "XP pro" from "Win Home" tonight. Now I can't get my scanner or my printer to work? I can't even get the driver programs to load into the PC. I'll start from the beginning to help you guys help me. 1. I was given Win XP Pro from a friend at work. (so...
  32. G

    Disc Defragmenter

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) In Windows 2000 Server, is there a way to get the disc defragmenter to run as a scheduled task, or do I have to purchase a third party utility? Regards,
  33. J

    Hp g62 vga driver 32

    Hello, i want to install vga on my laptop
  34. G

    Second Hdd Problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) Hi all, Damn.! I love messing with comp, but I have to stop doing it to mine. I woke early this morning and decided to put in a spare hdd to start the day. After physical instal, I proceded to bios to see if it was there...
  35. J

    will windows work

    i am building a system with 768 meg ram, and it was mentioned windows has problems with that much, or i should say over 512. is windows the os to use or should i find another os, and would it be compatible w/my games devices? is there is fix for this? plz advz le roi est mort vive le roi
  36. T

    Linux Version 1.8 Boot Disk

    Hi, I am trying to find a boot disk for version 1.8 of Linux, it appears that the boot sector of the HDD has failed, (The machine is asking for a boot disk now when it is powered up). Anyones help with this will be very much appreciated!!!!
  37. D

    WIRELESS OPTICAL MOUSE FOR LAPTOP

    Hello, I HAVE A WIRELESS OPTICAL MOUSE CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP AND I'VE HAD IT FOR A YEAR OR SO...BUT NOW...THE MOUSE STILL WORKS BUT SOMETIMES WHEN I CLICK TO SCROLL DOWN, IT MINIMIZES THE BROWSER & ON WEBSITES I CAN ONLY CLICK ON LINKS BUT IT WON'T ALLOW ME TO CLICK WHERE I DESIRE BUT EVERY NOW...
  38. R

    Sony VAIO VGN-NR385E mass storage controller windows 7

    i NEED THE sony VAIO VGN-NR385E mass storage controller FOR windows 7 DRIVER
  39. G

    40% efficient solar cell developed

    The U.S. Department of Energy has announced a new solar cell that can convert more than 40% of sunlight into electricity. The cell, made by Boeing-Spectrolab, uses mirrors and prisms to boost the sunlight going into the cell. The DOE says the cells could be sold for $3 per watt and make...
  40. Q

    Hp laserjet 1300n driver for windows 7 starter 32 bit, i need help

    I really need an easy way of finding HP LaserJet 1300n free software. Please please let me know regarding this as soon as possible. Rouf Qazizada