Monster

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Monster.
  1. T

    Steam Sale Questions (help for a new PC gamer)

    Hi guys, just bought this setup day before yesterday, this is my first entry into PC gaming, been on the original Xbox and PS3/PS4 till now and with the Steam sale going on I'm hoping to get caught up on some franchises/games I never played. PCPartPicker part list...
  2. Vicousvern

    Issue with RAM on 970A-UD3P failing to boot.

    Hello, recently I built a new pc and after looking through the bios it appears my RAM isn't running at its advertised speed. It should be 1866Mhz but in the bios is 1334Mhz. If I enable the XMP profile which sets it to 1866 I get a boot failure. The PC does work but, I'd be nice to have the...
  3. Marc Mondejar

    GTX 660 or 770?

    so i just bought an ASUS GTX 770 on sale In my country: Original Price is $420 and i got it for $350 problem is i already own and am using an Inno3d GTX 660 so should i sell my 660, and use the 770 or Sell the 770(brand new) since i got it for a cheaper price btw, i do heavy gaming...
  4. W

    Does This CPU Still Work?

    I recently got a server case from a bin, and it still had a motherboard and CPU in it. The CPU is an Intel Xeon E5-2470v2. It has a fair bit of heat grease on it, but it came with a fairly good cooler. I want to know if it is still working, but I don't really have a computer that I can connect...
  5. C

    32 bit to 64 bit (Windows 8.1)

    I just purchased windows 8.1 online created a bootable USB and installed windows on my new computer. Problem is, that it installed as a 32 bit windows and my gaming rig needs 64 bits to use my 8 gigs of RAM. How do install windows 8.1 so I can get it to run 64 bit?
  6. T

    h100i Vs be quite dark rock pro ?

    Hey I have a Amd fx 8350 and a corsair 200r case so what is better for me I have found the h100i for £60 (factory refurbished) and £65 for the pro 3. Please answer asap thanks .
  7. Eggz

    Help - I have a legitimate key but no media! Where do I get an 8.1 Pro ISO?

    As the title says, I only need the media so I can fresh install Windows 8.1 Pro. It came with my computer, and after a hardware upgrade, the key got corrupted. Microsoft gave me a replacement key because the corruption requires a fresh installation. Now the problem is I can't do anything...
  8. A

    Can i Upgrade my Graphics Card?

    My laptop has- i7 processor 500gb HDD mvidia geforcce gtx 525m gpu
  9. R

    Inquiri ng about a GTX780 SC

    I am curious as to how the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 is when it comes to temps under idle and load, i mainly play BF4.
  10. drjackool

    SSD Life Span

    Hi, Which is correct for SSD lifespan, In the SSD's catalog, companies say MTBF is 2,000,000 Hrs but another people say SSD life is depend on trasfering data, Which is correct? I am mixed I want buy a SSD, Corsair Neutron 64 GB or SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128 GB? Which has long lifespan? MLC or TLC...
  11. A

    Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz Freezing

    Hello, I asked a similar questions about z87 mother board, it keeps on freezing on me, I don't know what the issue could be, It just keeps on freezing I can tap the computer and it will freeze, something is obvs wrong
  12. G

    What RAM Kit Should I Buy

    Hey all! I was wondering if it is better to utilize all of your RAM slots or just two. I'm planning to get the ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition motherboard and it has four slots that you can put RAM into. I was also planning to get CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) low profile RAM to put in my...
  13. K

    Looking for a new Mid-Tower Case

    I currently have the CM Storm Stryker and would like to move down to a mid-tower. Right now the Corsair Carbide Air 540 is looking pretty good to me. Major concerns: at least 1 5.25 bay, space for Kraken X60, space and airflow for 7990. Current Components: ASUS maximus VI Hero Intel i7-4770K...
  14. S

    cpu bottlenecking graphics card?

    i have a 1366 x 768 monitor and i watched countless videoes of the r9270x running games on ultra on 1080p, but when i try to achieve this on my 1366 monitor i can not even get same results.. is it my dual core pentium of 3,0 ghz weighing me down?
  15. B

    Added RAM and PC Won't Boot

    I've used Tom's Hardware for many years whenever I've encountered computer/software problems and you guys are definitely the best at finding solutions. I've tried just about everything in the following link except for breadboarding the components. http:// Yesterday I installed some additional...
  16. P

    msi r9 280x can't get pass 1100mhz when overclocking

    i have a msi r9 280x, i'm having trouble overclocking it. i can't get it pass 1100mhz @ 1.2v. any thoughts? my rig: i7 3770k @ 4.2ghz msi r9 280x msi z77a-g45 thunderbolt 2x4 1333mhz ram 1 tb wd + 500 gb hdd cooler master 620 thunderM
  17. C

    Running 5 GPU on Gigabyte 990 UD3

    Hi there, I wondered if anyone here has better brains than me and can solve this? I have a Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 board. It has in this order starting from CPU: 1_PCI x1 2_PCI x16 3_PCI x1 4_PCI x16 5_PCI x16 Now with 3 cards plugged directly into board in the 3 x 16 slots all 3 are detected and...
  18. anbello262

    Discussion: SoC vs CPU

    Hello everyone, I have a somewhat difficult question today. I know there are not many points in common as each piece of hardware has their own distinctive market and firmware/software support is completely different, but: I'm curious about the real capabilities of modern SoCs, like the newest...
  19. G

    The fan blades of my GPU have been hit by some cables. help?!?!

    So today when I turned on my PC this weird noise started so I opened my PC and it was the cable of the USB header for my case rubbing against the fan blades of the fan for my power color 7850! I just built it so I'm kinda of paranoid, do you think this will affect the performance or the fan? It...
  20. R

    New motherboard, CPU and RAM. Do i need to reinstall Windows 7?

    I've just acquired an i5 4440, an MSI B85-G41 PC Mate mobo and 8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM to replace an Intel E2180, a Gigabyte EP35-DS3R Mobo and 4gb of DDR2 RAM. Do I need to reinstall Windows 7? Normally I'd do it without any questions however i'll be getting an SSD in a month and will be...
  21. I

    Which one graphics card is better?

    I cant decide which one to take with my i7 4770k. Gigabyte GTX 780 TI OC or Asus 780 Ti?
  22. M

    Can a 4TB external hard drive work with Windows 7?

    Hi, I'm planning to get a 4TB external hard drive and I want to know if it will work with Windows 7. I've been told that any HD over 2TB can't be handled by Win 7. Please help. Thank you.
  23. W

    Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 on gigabyte GA-870-USB3L

    Will the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 fit securely onto a Gigabyte GA-870-USB3L, without resting on, or being obstructed by the memory modules? I've got 2 x 4GB (low profile) Corsair Vengeance sticks that are 13.7 centimeters high, and because there are only 2 memory slots on this board...
  24. D

    System Locks up-Cannot find a reason

    I am still experiencing an issue with my computer locking up when i attempt to play ANY mmo. Normal games run fine, an mmo will lock up Guaranteed, sometimes 5 minutes after i log in, sometimes 5 seconds. I have already done a great deal of Troubleshooting to find the issue: I have run memory...
  25. U

    Gtx 580 game crashing

    Hello, straight to the point. all my games are crashing, im using asus gtx 580 direct cuii and corsair ax850 psu. rig is fairly new. playing fear 3 and metro 2033, both game crashing - blackscreen and or sometimes just minimize itself - on low video settings worst when playing on high video...
  26. G

    lol you must think I'm a dork

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?) lol I found out my sister petunia I call you p.p. cause that's her initials lol turned off my spell checker. you all must think I'm a illegitimate dork. lol
  27. R

    1Rising memory supply voltage

    I have been using a MSI mother board (K8MM-ILSR) with AMD 64 processor for the last five years. Of late the computer shuts down all of a sudden after working normally for about half an hour. If I switch on immediately, the memory does not count. I tried replacing the DDR card, but the problem...
  28. T

    How do I know if my cpu will bottleneck my gpu?

    Hello to everyone, This is my first time posting a question here and I thank you in advance for your time and possible advise. My system specs are: Phenom II x3 720 BE overclocked to 3.2ghz 4gigs ddr 2 ram Biostar TA790gx 128m mobo and a GTX 260 core192 650 watt Antec Greenwatts PSU...
  29. C

    Fcp,premier cs5

    Hello, hi i want to use fcp, premiercs5, and after effect on same machine pls suggest me the best connfiguration thanks in advance
  30. G

    Can i use esata without enabling ahci???

    Can i use esata without enabling ahci???
  31. G

    Dell Certified Tech..?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hello all, I'm a small computer business owner in a fairly rural area where computer usage is really growing fast. I've had several experiences lately where many customers have told me they have called Dell to get a certain part...
  32. glenboarder99

    Nvidia 260 wont be read

    I just upgraded to win 7. I then upgraded my Nvidia 260 graphics card driver. It says that the drivers are uptodate but the device manger says theirs a problem Any help? I cant play any games. Thanks.
  33. R

    Dell e6400 bios reset

    Does anyone know how to reset the bios password for dell latitude e6400?
  34. sayantan

    C++ compiler

    does anyone know where do I get a C++ compiler for windows 7 x64 ??I had turboC++ v4.5 which worked fine with win xp sp2 x86 but this version doesn't work with win7 x64!!I have also changed the compatibly mode to xp for the installer but the compiler won't install at all!!!!So please tell me...
  35. Q

    Old gateway computer wont turn on

    Hello, I have an old..really old...gateway that I just wanted to backup the data from. I tried turning it on, but the power button still glows orange no matter how long I hold it. I havn't really turned the computer on for at least a year, so I'm wondering if its beyond all help? From the last...
  36. S

    Downgrade Windows 7 to XP?

    I recently bought a notebook with ATI 4650 graphics, delivered with pre-installed Windows 7 64bit. I ran some tests and also some games (including Crysis and F.E.A.R.). The performance seemed fine, but compared to what I read in the net the results I got were poor. Later I installed XP and ran...
  37. T

    Why does a del computer not turn on and the light is orange not white?

    Hello, my epidemic is that our dell computers power is orange instead of white. Also our screen is just black, please tell me what im supposed to do and send the answer to Traviskeck97@ymail.com my mom has been whining, please tell me what to do a.s.a.p
  38. G

    2007 Microsoft Office System with windows 7

    Hello, office 2007 entriprise with win 7
  39. A

    A little question about the task bar icons.

    Hi, when I pin items to my task bar and launch it, the icon would turn into a tab wherever the icon was located. If the icon was in between other quick launch icons, it'd push the other icons aside to make room for the tab. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to separate the icons from the...
  40. G

    "All original" DK

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6165592248&rd=1 Can we spot the irregularities? ;) -- -Steve P.