N64

Forum discussion tagged with N64.
  1. 2

    AMD APU laptops

    Simple question really. What is the powerfullest laptop AMD powers using APU technology before it turns into Ryzen based systems
  2. A

    Games getting capped at 120 fps all of a sudden

    My games have started to get capped at 120 fps suddenly. My v-sync is off and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Any help?
  3. MattC231

    Should I get a M.2 cooler?

    Mainly, this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H0BC8FG/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_3_w Is it necessary? I'm getting 2 nvme M.2 drives (corsair mp500) and my board has 3 m.2 ports. 1 above the 1st pcie lane, 2nd between 1st and 2nd pcie lane, and 3rd below 3rd pcie lane. If I put the two m.2...
  4. D

    GTA worked on 960 but not on 1060

    Hello I recently upgraded from a 960 to a 1060 and all my games run AWESOME but one...GTA 5! It sometimes has high frames but looks like it keeps freezing COULD downclocking make a difference? If so can I only downclock on that game? PS: I only launch steam and nvidia programs on a startup so...
  5. Hexxhex

    Is my PSU under powered for my system?

    My build: AMD FX-9370 Eight Core GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 GeForce GTX 760 12 GB DDR3 ram 2 HDDs Closed loop water cooling 2 case fans Corsair CX500 500w Thanks in advance for any advice.■
  6. G

    Need to change motherboard

    Hello, I would like to change my motherboard, because the last one I chose could not support my RAM as it was ( I think ) a laptop motherboard. So I looked up a different motherboard and I found this one : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130770 I looked up the memory...
  7. R

    Dell Inspiron 570 Processor Upgrade

    Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my CPU. I would like to run high performance games such as DayZ GTA V and such. Heres my basic info from Speccy. Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU AMD Athlon II X2 240 46 °C Regor 45nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz...
  8. Ferrariassassin

    Is there any Motherboard that supports Max Read 2,500 and Max write of 1,500 on its M.2 slot?

    I want to buy a Samsung 950 Pro but I know my Motherboard does not support 2,500/1,500 on Read/Write so no reason to buy it if the speed will be the same as a normal SATA 3 SSD right? So I want to buy a motherboard that supports the 950 Pros full speak so any Motherboards that do?
  9. X

    4x AMD Hex Core 8439SE 128GB RAM gaming machine ?

    yo guys just got a 4 x AMD Hex Core 8439SE 128GB RAM server was wondering putting a r9 290x in it , and having it as a little gaming machine ? wondering if i could play gta v , or arma 3 , and might be using it for a rendering machine
  10. P

    Recently upgraded my DELL desktop from Windows 7 to 10. Prior to the upgrade, it worked fine. Now, however, it goes to sleep

    Since upgrade to 10 from Windows 7, monitor goes into power saving mode. To "wake up" monitor, I have to reboot the computer by turning power off to modum/monitor. WHY is it doing this? I'm ready to downgrade back to Windows 7 if that is possible.
  11. S

    Issues with SteelSeries Sensei

    Im not sure if i posted this question at right place but i wasnt sure under which tag to post it . Basically ive been using my sensei for 4-5 years now and recently i noticed that it sometimes skips right click (about 1 skipped in 10ish clicks ) and sometimes when i hold it down it briefly...
  12. O

    a new video card

    Hi, i want a good video card for this resolution 1024×768,my budget is around 140$ and here is my specs Cpu:e5700 3ghz Current gpu:gt 9500 Ram:4gb ddr3 Psu:400w with no 6 pin caple and will this pc run gta v on a playable settings
  13. P

    Can I run this GPU?

    GPU: GIGABYTE GF GT420 2GB GDDR3 PCIE GV-N420-2GI (REV 2.0) (Wanted GPU) My PC Specs. CPU: Intel Pentium G2030 (3.00 GHz) Mobo: MSI H61M-P20 (G3) (MS-7788) RAM: 8 GB DDR3 Current GPU: Intel HD graphics. PSU: 350 Watt Can I change the graphics card?
  14. F

    So im thinking of upgrading cpu

    Soo, lately ive been thinking its time to upgrade from my g3258 into a different CPU as games are core more demanding these days My current build: MOBO- H81m-P33 CPU-G3258 4.2 RAM-8GB DDR3 PSU-500w HDD-WD Blue 1tb GPU- r9 270 sapphire I was thinking to upgrade to i7 4790k and later on in life...
  15. C

    Need a laptop to run GIS software off of Lynda.com

    What's the best laptop to run GIS software, which I will be learning on the site Lynda.com? My budget is $1399. I'm looking to make a career change from Automotive Assembly Tech to GIS Tech/Analyst (entry level.) What's best for the marketplace? Mac or PC based? Thank you.
  16. M

    ASRock z97 Extreme4 Error Code 99

    I recently just build my first computer and can boot everything up without the GPU installed, but as soon as I try to install it I will always give me a 99 error code, which should mean that there is something wrong with the PCI-e slot. I have tried multiple times to reset the GPU and make sure...
  17. R

    ios 8.2 jailbreak anyone know?

    anyone know how to jailbreak ios 8.2? on iphone 5 just cannot find nowt
  18. L

    Can my MB use this CPU

    i have a GA-LMT78-USB3 MB that can handle 125W of CPU and my CPU i want to put in it is a FX-8370 which is 125W so im wondering if it will work i also have a 650W PSU if that matters
  19. A

    Not enough power for gpu?

    Hey I just purchased a Asus r7 260x gpu. Plugged her in got it all set up, turned on the pc, and everything looked okay however the screen keyboard and mouse did not turn on. My friend said I would need to plug a cord from the psu into the gpu (pci - e)? However my 4 year old 300 watt power...
  20. F

    Are my CPU and GPU staying cool enough?

    I have a 4790k and a MSI GTX 970 4GD5T, which is the cheaper version of the gaming one. I ran some tests and since its my first build i wanted to know for what i have if its running cool enough. (I have a hyper 212 evo cooling the cpu, not OC'd right now, neither is gpu [Planning to in the...
  21. M

    Computer crashes can't isolate the problem!!

    Hi, I made my first build a couple months ago and since then I kept having weird problems with It and I'm unable to isolate it to the root cause. I will explain everything step by step in chronological order. I didn't have any problem with the computer with the first month of use. After...
  22. S

    BRIX pro i7 + USB monitor

    Hi all, I have a gigabyte Brix Pro i7 now which has replaced my dead laptop that only moved when I went abroad. In order for me to be able to use the brix pro on the go I was thinking to get this ASUS USB powered FullHD monitor. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this setup where the USB...
  23. G

    Google Nexus 5 Review: A Fast, Affordable Phone With LTE For All

    There's a new flagship smartphone in town. The LG-made Nexus 5 offers a fast Snapdragon platform, LTE for all markets, a 5” 1080p display, and Android 4.4 “KitKat”. Best of all, the 16 GB model sells for just $350 off-contract. Is it too good to be true? Google Nexus 5 Review: A Fast...
  24. A

    Please help.. what would you pay for this desktop

    I am a big gamer and I am starting as a Computer Science/Computer Forensics Major In two months. I want to have something that is top of the line but also has room to improve. Here is the break down of what I found. I think I can get this for $900 is it a good deal? The specifications are...
  25. B

    Is this spec good enough for a gaming pc?

    These are my specs: AMD Phenom II X4 940 (3.0ghz) MSI DK790GX Palit 4870 HD vidcard Corsair 620w 4gb DDR3 Ram 500gb 7200rpm HDD
  26. J

    DirectX conflicts with NVIDIA GeForce MX4000?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?) I just installed a MadDog Predator MX4000 video card (GeForce MX4000) 128MB DDR AGP8x/4x into my Dell Dimension 4100. I then updated to the most current NVIDIA drivers (4.14.10.6694). My display works great EXCEPT when I run...
  27. G

    Att Pink anf the sweet Norges!

    Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?) A quarter of Norway's tiny population of wolves are to be shot to protect farm animals. http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/science/nature/4194963.stm -- The Brazilian Man
  28. G

    What's your favourite era in Civ3?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?) Mine would be the industrial age, first when I get to lay down railway lines as it makes defence so much easier. Getting replaceable parts is great because then I can pay back all those other civs who gave me so much grief throughout the ancient...
  29. G

    Simcity 4

    Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?) The old versions of Simcity came with starter maps of existing cities. Now you can only get certain american cities. Woooooo. because of course america IS the centre of the universe. :-P Does anyone, has anyone made up maps or terrain...
  30. B

    8800GTS G92 core or 8800GT

    I am going to be purchasing a new video card, and it is my first nvidia card since the 6000 series was new. I have been doing my research and i cannot figure out which would be the best card to purchase. I have been looking at the EVGA 8800GT 512 meg card single slot cooling, and the EVGA...
  31. R

    SSD in desktop PCs?

    Hey guys, Really dumb SSD question here, but I really have no idea what I am talking about so forgive me. I’m looking at getting a 500gb-ish SSD for my PC, and tossing up between the Crucial M500 or the Samsung Evo Pro (leaning toward the Crucial as it appears to be on par performance wise...
  32. G

    Flr and wll Files ?!?!

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?) Hello, Is that anyone that knows if there is a software that is able to READ .flr files (Floor) and .wll Files (Walls). If yes where can I get it ? Any info is welcome and thanks, John. PS: Not for modify anything just must be able to...
  33. W

    can i run battlefield 4

    Hi, I want to know if i can run battlefield 4 on my laptop. I have a Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor and my GPU is NVIDIA® GeForce GT650M. I have 8 GB RAM and windows 8. Thanks already. Wout
  34. Grizely1

    Reserving 266MHz FSB Thunderbirds

    Anyone know where you can pre-order a Thunderbird with 266MHz FSB?
  35. M

    10 years warranty on external HDD?

    Hello I'm looking at hard drives and noticed that imation offers a 10 year long limited warranty on some of its external hard drives. I could not find any more info on how exactly that warranty is limited on their website...
  36. G

    Canon i860 and ink cartridges

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Anyone here own a Canon i860 inkjet printer? The print quality is very good, but the damn thing seems to need a new ink cartridge once a month. This despite the fact I don't use the printer that much. On average, about 4 pages a...
  37. G

    Fixing messed encumberance?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?) Hello, is it possible to reset the encumberance of a character somehow? My character currently carries an awful lot of stuff and encumberance displays something like 40/500. Dropping everything, encumberance shows 0/500. Taking a 40 lb...
  38. C

    Trade ins

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?) What's the best way to sell an original GBA ? EBGames? Gamestop? ebay?
  39. G

    New Patch: ?? Hu??

    Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?) New art for the 7th Anniversary gifts Support for a sixth character slot Localization updates Players will no longer be able to bypass the EA and UO logo screens when starting the UO client. 2D Client Fixed a client crash issue...
  40. G

    Anyone ever add toys to their playfield?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Hey all With all the cool mods out there, and I have bought quite a few for TZ and Addams.. I was wondering how many people add their own mods, I know the debate between original vs mod, but was just wondering what people have done? I have...