Opteron

Page 6 - Forum discussion tagged with Opteron.
  1. J

    [SOLVED] RECONFIGURE NETGEAR ROUTER

    HOW DO I RECONFIGURE THE NETGEAR ROUTER. NETGEAR IS A SCAM. OF COURSE THEY WANT YOU TO PAY THEM TO RESET IT FOR YOU, BUT THEY ARE THE ONES THAT MESSED IT UP SO THAT AFTER A YEAR, YOU COULD NO LONGER CONNECT OTHER DEVICES IN YOUR HOME LIKE IPADS OR LAPTOPS. PURE SCAM. SO I DO I RECONFIGURE IT...
  2. G

    700/96 terminal and K260 server

    Archived from groups: comp.terminals,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.hpux (More info?) Hi to everyone, This message is not a temporal lapsus or the last part of "Back to the Future" :-) : I'm trying to resucitate an HP K260 server, which has been stored for a couple of years. This beatiful...
  3. I

    Updating Bios to solve BSOD with Shogun 2

    Hello, I just bought Total War: Shogun 2 and whenever I try to start it, i get a BSOD at the splash screen after a few seconds. I have an AMD FX 8120 processor which is apparently known to have this issue. When I try to update my BIOS from the gigabyte website for the GA-970a-UD3 motherboard I...
  4. M

    Which component would you upgrade?

    If you were on a fairly tight budget and were considering improving one of the following components which do you think will deliver the biggest bang for the buck? I suppose FPS gaming should be a consideration as that is where the performance will probably show up most. CPU Intel Core 2 Duo...
  5. H

    are these the symptoms of a bad PSU?

    Hello, this is my 1st post here, please bear with me. :) Major Issue. DVD-RW is behaving weird, it is not recognised by BIOS, Drive ID is suppose to be LITEON SHM-165, it becomes (HI#FOS K@F-135) or something like of this sort. Sometimes it is fine and BIOS recognise it as LITEON SHM-165...
  6. S

    Intel's total collapse will be sooner than you expect

    First, you need to grasp Intel's financial situation. That company is financially very very fragile right now. Basically, at the end of Q1, Intel had $14.0 billion cash+short term investment, but also had $9.8 billion payments due, leaving only $4.2 billion net cash. But, Intel also had $2.6...
  7. shinigamiX

    R520 Power Requirements

    I have a R520 w/ a 500w power supply with 18A output on the 12v rails... will this cause my performance to drop??? Is it enough?
  8. J

    water cooling antec p180

    Hey guys, three questions for ya: Is antec 180 a good water cooling case? Where would you place the radiator in a p180 (I have a Thermaltake bigwater kit)? Which case would you recommend exept the p180? thx
  9. S

    A strange thing I saw about my processor...

    I've download 3D Mark 2005, and looked on the informations that it provides about my hardware, and there was a strange thing... I have a P4 1.5 Ghz... Really old, made with the 180 nm technology (sadly, the same of the K6-2)... Onde of the firsts P4... And the information chart said that the...
  10. D

    AMD Opteron 146 Venus any good?

    I want to spend less than 200 bucks on a new cpu to go along with my new EVGA 7800GT card. I'm leaning towards either the 3200+ Venice or the Opteron 146 Venus. Which would give me more bang for my buck? Will the Opteron 146 give me a better chance of hitting 2.6 GHz? I'll be using an ASRock...
  11. G

    Use of QR disks

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) I have a 2570US I purchased as an open box model at BB, no manual, etc. Just received 4 QR disks and XP Pro disk from HP/Compaq, which I wished to use to fix some problems. What is the procedure for use? Are these disks initiated from...
  12. M

    [SOLVED] Trojans

    I have recently had theft on my VISA card and it has been suggested that it is due to a trojan on my Mac OS X. Is this possible as I always thought Macs were immune. How do I test for Trojans on my Mac? I have searched on line and am wary of some of the offerings. .
  13. A

    MACINTEL...A NIGHTMARE COMES TRUE FOR AMD LOVERS!!!

    for years the mac platform has enjoyed easy to use and highly sophisticated desktop publishing tools, video editing, graphics and some applications which were not available for the pc. now that they are blessed with Intel Inside, they will take over all existing pc markets! and all the...
  14. M

    Replacement for Classic Phone Tools

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Got the BCM Voicemodem with Classic Phone Tools on my 8300 a few months ago and was wondering if anyone has found a better replacement, especially for Phone Tools. Looking for something that logs caller ID times and duration of calls in...
  15. S

    A beginner's question

    Excuse my ignorance, but what does 'OEM' mean. I see it everywhere I look for parts. Am I right in thinking its the same components as normal you just don't get a fancy box like in a shop? Thanks for any info.
  16. J

    754 vs 939 - 754 Wins

    I am building a new game machine for my son, as his 900mhz Thunderbird simply can no longer hold its own. I have decided on on the 754 platform with a 3000+, and 512mb ram (1 DIMM). I am interested to see if anyone can sway me to go in the 939 direction. Here are my reasons for 754: 1. It is...
  17. E

    Important question about my PSU

    I have just witnessed something strange in MBM5 with my psu +3.3 = 3.09V +5 = 4.97V +12 = 1.55V -12 = -170.75V -5 = -5.20V are the +12 and -12 readings normal because i'm getting random reboots and blue screens recently and i was wondering if it was the powersupply
  18. K

    Watercooled Case or Watercooling KIT?

    ok if you guys have to decide between a Watercooling system for your actual case and buy a complete new case with watercooling system included which way will you go?
  19. G

    Doom3 The way its meant to be Played!

    <A HREF="http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=790814" target="_new">Wow!</A> Dunno if anyone saw this already Whicked!!!I just dont like the choice of vid card X800XT-PE cuz it doesnt fit with the thread title! Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, Leadtek FX5900...
  20. S

    AMD's 04-05 roadmap

    http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=221 ""In the first quarter of next year, AMD will release the first Athlon64 chip for notebooks as well as Newcastle a smaller, less-expensive version of the current Athlon64 for desktops. In the second half of the year, AMD will introduce Odessa--a high-end notebook...