Opteron

Page 7 - Forum discussion tagged with Opteron.
  1. F

    Intel to Aim At Mid Mkt Segment

    <A HREF="http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?datePublish=2003/08/07&pages=07&seq=41" target="_new"> Target: Lower Segment</A> The loving are the daring!
  2. H

    Upgrading and the future

    Like some of you here I'm plagued with an out of date system and am looking for a smart upgrade, and can't really decide on an AthlonXP now, or to wait and see about the Athlon64. I think there was a thread on this earlier but I'm still confused about several things. Will the first A64's use...
  3. V

    Upgrade

    I recently upgraded my Epox 8K7A mobo to an XP2200+. When it boots, it says "unknown CPU; 1.79GHz" I know that the actual clock speed is 1.8, but I want to know that my machine is recognizing and taking full advantage of the XP line. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
  4. F

    UV light damages plastic cables?

    Does anyone know if using a UC cold cathode will damage my plastic cables? I would also imagine that the UV responsive cables are worse. Any thoughts or experiences?
  5. Darkmatterx

    Xaser II & III cases. Any good? Quiet or Loud?

    I'm looking for a good case for the new system I'm looking at getting. First I was thinking black, but after seeing some of the silver cases I think thats the way I want to go. Probably the best LOOKING cases I've seen so far are the Xaser II and III cases. BUT, are they any good? And noise is...
  6. G

    WTB: Working Double DK PCB & Double DK marquee

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?) Hello, I'm looking for a working double Donkey Kong PCB and a double DK marquee. Reasonable price paid. Email me if you have either one to sell. Thanks in advance. Shawn
  7. G

    Mars is easily pleased

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) Starting a new game as a Ranger, my first-ever sacrifice is a garter snake...and Mars gives me Orcrist. OK, not so impressive a gift, but who knew Mars was such a soft touch? Actually, of course, it's a bad thing - I get a...
  8. A

    Why wont my external hard drive format?

    Hello, I just got a samsung external hard drive, model F2 for 320 gb of space. I was able to use it fine, putting all of my old files on it and ready for transport. Then my Husband got ahold of it. He tried to load it up with his files off of his folder and it froze his computer. So he unplugged...
  9. G

    Advice on a new mobo...

    Hi folks, long time reader but new poster. I'm looking for input on a new mobo for a system I want to build (for myself). The message is lengthy, so if you're up for a challenge, read on... I used to build custom boxes for IBM some years ago, and I still build my own PCs, but I haven't really...
  10. K

    Dram or sdram??

    So I'm buying a msi g41m-p34 motherboard http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G41M-P34.html#/?div=Detail and it says it supports ddr3 memory, but its dram and most ram I see is sdram (like on newegg). Does it matter if I use dram or sdram? Also, this does use 240pin ram right? I'm not completely sure...
  11. I

    Saw this from Dave in B3D

    <A HREF="http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7942&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=28" target="_new">http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7942&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=28</A> Interesting... :wink:
  12. B

    Sleep Mode hang up

    Hello I built my system using Asus A7V board and AMD anthlon 1200 CPU and i'm running Windows 98 SE. My problem is that after being in standby for a few hrs, the system will lock up when i try waking it up. The hd ide light comes on and then it just freezes. I've installed the latest bios A7V...
  13. A

    AMD EQUIPMENT TRADING!

    I am posting this here because no one looks at the Classifieds, and I would prefer to sell it here instead of eBay. I need to sell or trade the following: 2600+ 333MHz FSB Athlon XP Processor, Retail, been used for 5 days 2 sticks of 512MB Corsair XMS PC2700 Low Latency Matched RAM used for 5...
  14. S

    HTPC motherboard

    I am wanting to take advantage of Intel's Quick Sync technology, but unfortunately found out that my P8P67 isn't compatible, although the i3 2100 CPU is. With that in mind what would be the best option for an Z68 motherboard that would get me the compatibility I am looking for? Would like to...
  15. G

    Optical Audigy Connections

    I have just gotten an audigy card and am very impressed with the quality of the card. However, my current wireing probably leaves a bit to be desired. Has anyone used optical cables to connect their audigy to their amp? Is there a noticeable performance improvement? I am thinking since I...
  16. K

    Is intel core 2 dual also called i3

    is itel 2nd generation core 2 dual processors also called i3
  17. J

    Processor design

    Can some one explain something for me? Well remember the older athlons and p3's than used a slot instead of a socket? Why did they stop making the cpu's this way? It seems like it would be Ideal for keeping them cool because there are 2 more sides and much more surface area. It seem like...
  18. euphoria4949

    BenQ XL2411T vs XL2420T whats the difference??

    Hi guys, I'm looking to order my new monitor asap so I've been looking around for a nice 120hz one and I keep being drawn to these 2. But for the life of me I can't work out why there is a £50/£60 price difference between them! Anyone got any ideas??? Also one slightly weird thing I've noticed...
  19. M

    Bluetooth is not working on HP 630 for windows 8 pro

    After installing windows 8 pro 64 bit,my generic Bluetooth adapter has reported errors.What I can do for solve this problem.Pls help me.Thanks
  20. E

    Help picking out new LCD Monitor.

    im basically just looking for the best monitor for gaming.. i want a monitor that can handle fast and sharp movements on the games that i play.. im still using a CRT monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 997MB) so i only know what "Hertz" are.. i dont know anything about what "MS" is for LCD Monitors so...