Opteron

Page 8 - Forum discussion tagged with Opteron.
  1. G

    AMD optimum temperature

    Hi Anyone know what average temperature an AMD 1400 Thunderbird should be running at. Not overclocked. Mine's running around 90 which I think could be just tad too high!! Frederick
  2. G

    The grinch who stole my FPS

    My father unexplicably purchased a new p4 1.8 ghz processor, 512 megs of samsung pc400 rambus, a new intel d850mv motherboard, jaxtor geforce 2 and a new a-pro case and p4 power supply. Over the weekend, I camped out at his house and installed all the components, using the primary ide for the hd...
  3. arcticle

    Great deal on monitor - but is it good for gaming?

    Here's the monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-236-174&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo What do you think? Is it good for gaming? Will my...
  4. enewmen

    How to get Win 8 Pro for $39.99? Burn & save.

    Hi all. I will buy (build) a new PC early next year. So, how can I buy Win 8 Pro now at a low price. Download the ISO. Burn the ISO to a DVD. Then Install later when I have the new build. I found the upgrade assistant, but I think that will want me to install NOW and does not have any...
  5. R

    Combination of motherboard and Celeron

    Looking for a combination of motherboard and celeron. Any suggestion, looking for the best value, best performance, best stability after overclocking, best overclocking ability, I mean the best that you think, not PIII please.
  6. J

    Athlon XP 1800+ at 1.1 GHz?

    Hi all, I just bought the components of a new computer, including an Athlon XP 1800+ and an Epox 8KHA+ motherboard. Friday morning I took it into a local shop for them to put together and picked it up Friday night. When I got home and turned it on, Windows Control Panel > System Info was...
  7. G

    atlonxp1600,xp1700 u see difference?

    im planning to buy a new XP processor from atlon but the price are justified?between the 1600+ and the 1700+,does i got a real boost of power for the price,does ill pay for nothing?plz help
  8. G

    Sound.

    Ok this isn't the right section but there's no one around the sound - nothings movin'. So I thought I'ed ask you guys. Has any one ever heard of the Echo Mia sound card. I'm after a system which I can record from my mixer into the computer and have been informed thats this is probably the best...
  9. G

    FIC SD-11 and 950MHz Athlon???

    Does anyone know if a FIC SD-11 can be successfully upgraded to a 950 MHz Athlon CPU? I've got an SD-11 with a 500MHz that's 18 months old and recently tried installing a new 950 MHz cpu. The Bios identifies it as an 800 MHz chip but SYSID by Morf shows it running at 950. However, a SETI...
  10. G

    Buying new Speakers , Sound Card... Request Help!

    I want to buy a new soundcard to replace my SB Live! Value ... im looking to compile a sound system that i can listen to on my computer, and connect it to my TV for future surrond sound DVD viewing I am thinking about buying the new Audigy card and i want to buy the new Logitech Z-560's . the...
  11. H

    A7V133... confused here

    I was searching for the latest bios update on the asus web site and it lists: VIA® KT133A Chipset A7V133 (4 PCI, 266/200MHz FSB, UltraDMA/100, AMR, multi-USB, ATX) and VIA® KT133 Chipset A7V (5 PCI, 200MHz FSB, UltraDMA/100, AMR, multi-USB, ATX) While I am sure I have an A7v133, I do...
  12. R

    How to reset epson stylus c20sx

    Hello, my epson stylus c20sx printers green and red ligts blinks alternately what would be the problem
  13. I

    Windows 8 activation

    dear friends I have ordered an oem version of windows 8 pro a couple of days ago as they are giving it as a promotional offer and its affordable. right now im using windows 7 in my 3 year old system and planning to build a new system in about 10 months time. can I keep this windows 8 copy and...
  14. Jay-Z

    Thin Monitor

    I'm looking for a basic thin panel monitor. No stand, just a screen with inputs on the bottom and as thin as possible. Any help at all will be appreciated.
  15. R

    G33 g31 express chipset win8 64 bit driver

    dear send me driver for windows 8
  16. G

    Scared Stiff / Elvira Skull Topper

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a skull topper for Scared Stiff and Elvira and The Party Monsters pinball games. These really do look cool. I made up five of them after making the prototype for my game. I just posted them on...
  17. P

    Thread

    Hello, hello, sir can i install windows 8 on compaq presario CQ42
  18. G

    New Thunderbird 850 system is dead?!

    My roommate recently purchased a brand new Thunderbird 850 and a Abit-Kt7A motherboard, 192M PC 100 RAM, brand new case w/a 300W power supply, plugged everything together and it won't even boot up to a start up screen. It turns on, the fan on the CPU switches over, the hard drives start to spin...
  19. G

    c800A w/ Abit BX6rev2

    Does anyone know. I would like to upgrade my cpu from c400 to c800A running with a 100 MHz FSB. I own an ABIT BX6 rev 2 mainboard. Although there are bios patches for p3 cpus used with this m/b there is nothing for c700+ (66 FSB) or c800 yet at the abit web site. I have emailed Abit but they...
  20. G

    P4 vs. Athlon CoNtiNuEd

    "Intel's New Pentium 4 Processor" This has been driving me crazy for some time now. P4 vs. Athlon. Lets get some things straight! Athlon is a RISC processor, and I think all Pentiums are CISC. That should tell you why AMD has it better in the long run. Mac processors have been RISC, and...