Phoenix

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Phoenix.
  1. H

    Is my rate frame on games for my setup normal?

    PC setup GPU: EVGA GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 with ACX cooling CPU: AMD 6300 6-Core processor 3.5 GHZ RAM: 8 GB Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Monitor: HP W2072 PSU: Corsair 850 watts In games like Rust and Arma 2 I am getting framerates of around 20-30 on Ultra settings. Is that normal? If not...
  2. U

    How to add second Hard Drive in Dell Optiplex 755 and where to fit it?

    I have 500 GB hard drive for my computer and I wants to install it as second hard drive for more space but I don't know where to fix it and where is it's power cable.
  3. T

    how to connect my laptop to my sony bravia tv

    I have a AT&T Uverse modem and I have WiFi set up for my computer and printer-scanner.
  4. J

    is my build good for gaming and a hackintosh

    pc specs cpu-i7 4770 haswell mobo-gigabyte ga z87-hd3 gpu-msi gtx 760 2 gb ram-16 gb crucial ballistix sport storage- 240 crucial ssd and seagate barracuda 1tb psu-corsair cx500m please rate my build i am new at building
  5. P

    Am I experienced enough to get a job within a I.T company?

    Basically I've done a level btec course diploma which is equivalent to 3Alevels at 380ucas points out of 420 I've worked with flash, research e Commerce, basic hardware, installing upgrading, programming gaming design, flash, you name it... I've also done hardware in my spare time such as...
  6. JP7PlaysMC

    Will a Zalman Z3 Plus hold a XFX 650 Watts Core Edition?

    As stated in the title, will a Zalman Z3 Plus hold a XFX 650 Watts Core Edition? Should I get another case? another PSU? Thanks in advance for the feedback!
  7. M

    Is this normal GPU usage?

    Hi, just in the main menu of a game... it's modern warfare 2 (don't hurt me), but I think my GPU usage is quite absurd, what do you think? I've underclocked my card too. http://gyazo.com/41142c0676cd9c2147a4a4438a71057c
  8. Vadamo

    Cant connect to network?

    I recently got a laptop with a Huawei card, and cant seem to connect to a network with it. Its supposed to work with 3g but i cant find anything for it.
  9. G

    CPU wants to explode. Help!

    A humorous title for fun. Anyway, thought maybe someone could help me with my issue with my cpu fan. Here's what happened: One day I thought it wise to remount the CPU cooler. I was running a few degrees above normal, so I gently removed thermal paste and remounted the heatsink onto the CPU...
  10. U

    blue colore sign ( >> ) appear on my all desktop files

    hello , i m in trouble a blue color sign like this fw shape ( >> ) show on my all desktop notepad or jpg ... how can i fix this issue ? if i create new picture or other files on desktop this sign show also this sign show in my pictures foloder in C drive only help me thank
  11. N

    $800-900 Gaming PC build

    I need a gaming PC build that will be able to run most games at a high resolution. OS not included. 700 - 900 dollars. I want it to have an Intel CPU and an Nvidia GPU. No Overclocking or SLI.
  12. OnionHead

    MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Cooking Bios, strange

    Well this is strange! I've just put together a new build with the following : MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 AMD A10 5800 Noctua NH-L9a Lian Li PC-Q03 (Sides are off at the minute) I'm running a trial of Windows 8.1 and it's running great, CPUID gives a reading of 35c which I presume is a pretty good...
  13. V

    Is there a cable where you can link multiple fans and plug them into one header?

    I'd like to add more fans to my case but I don't have enough fan headers...
  14. R

    Hello foam Perseus

    Hi hello the re cjfjffhrje
  15. D

    Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 won't post?!?

    Hey, I'm fairly new to PC building, even though I'm good with hardware I've rarely had the chance to build a custom PC until now, so I've recently purchased new components for my system and after installing everything (GPU, RAM) it worked fine, up until I installed a new AMD FX 8320, it won't...
  16. JohnnyLucky

    OCZ files for bankruptcy

    This morning OCZ issued a press release stating the company has filed for bankruptcy. It seems OCZ could not compete with large companies like Samsung who have their own fabricating facilities. There are some reports that Toshiba is interested in acquiring OCZ's assets.
  17. R

    Choosing a wireless network adaptor for custom pc build

    I have an Asus P8H67-V motherboard which doesn't have integrated wireless connectivity. I've read a lot of reviews on different products on amazon etc of people complaining about them. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap, reliable adaptor that actually works? Thanks
  18. Sukhdeep_Mangat

    i want to make a gaming cpu

    hi i want to make a system for playing games my budget is around 12k of bucks (Indian) thanks
  19. Peebugger

    Decent gaming build around $400?

    I'm trying to put together a decent PC for my little brother for Christmas. I have 3 2GB sticks of 1333 memory that I can use as well as a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I don't mind putting parts together, I don't mind buying a complete system, I just need to keep the budget around $400, I can...
  20. G

    Computer Freezes During Game Play

    ASRock 939 Dual Sata MOBO AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400 4 Gigs RAM (OCZ) Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3850 (AGP) OZC Stealth Stream PSU (600w) Hello all. Recently I upgraded my budget gaming rig from a single core cpu (AMD Athlon 64 4000) to a dual core (AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400). Before I did this upgrade I...
  21. bilbat

    How-to capture and post images to the forum...

    See Dick and Jane Capture and Post a Screen Image to the Forum: an image posting primer! :bounce: To 'capture' application screens, you click on them so they are the 'active window', then hit the <ALT><Prt Scr> combination (anther handy one is <CTRL><Prt Scr> - captures the whole desktop...
  22. marc2124

    New build questions

    Hello All!!! I am currently starting to build a new system. Here are the components that I am considering. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Case: Cooler master storm enforcer...
  23. T

    Memory

    I just upgraded to windows 7 64bit from xp. I have 8gb memory installed in my asus p5q3 but the os sytem only recognizes 4gb of memory. any ideas?
  24. B

    What is a quality turntable needle?

    I have a technics turntable from ages ago, but it is in great shape and it still works. I just don't have a cartridge or needle. It has been years since i've shopped for them so I forgot whjat I am looking for in a quality unit. Any help here?
  25. N

    Weird speed drops over to under 1/10 with distance below 30ft

    At the living room there is an Apple router/HDD connected to the modem and it broadcasts internet to the whole apartment, which ain't big. It used to be good, but now it's oscilates like crazy, and these oscilations are kinda long term (over 4, 5 hours of durations), even tho the signal strenght...
  26. T

    Building my first gaming rig

    So i'm in the planing stage of building my first gaming pc, my budget is around 1000 dollars and I will be playing games like far cry 3 and battlefield. The link to what i'm planing on getting is here: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Kb0E can people tell me what is good and what I can do better...
  27. P

    Need help

    Hi i got a gtx 460 1 gig superclocked its nice card.. my motherboard ga-p55a-ud3 has sata 3 but i only have 1 harddrive at the moment question is right now with using sata 3 to my single harddrive it dropping my gtx 460 to x 8 inside of x16.. im a gamer shoul di just switch my harddrive back to...
  28. K

    Memory+Page file+Game Load times.

    Say you have 2 gigs of good ram. And you decrease the HD disk page file to 0..will your game load faster because it's forced to load from ram instead of hd? Will games overall run faster? Can anyone try it with say BF2?:) Thanks!
  29. C

    Will the Asus Rampage II Extreme fit in Antec Nine Hundred Two?

    So I bought a Antec Nine Hundred Two and after looking at Motherboards think I want to get the Asus Rampage II Extreme for my Core i7 240. The Rampage II Extreme is a bit bigger than the normal ATX. Does anyone know if the Rampage II Extreme will fit in an Antec Nine Hundred Two? Especially...
  30. S

    ASUS A8R32 Motherboard support windows 7

    does this MoBo support win7??????
  31. F

    How do i find my motherboards monel number?????

    i need to replace my motherboard, but searches lead me to 1/2 a dozon boards, cpuz doesnt show much and i took a pic of my bios http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=162876790, can someone let me know how to find it? i dont want to replace with the wrong board
  32. A

    ISP can't reach my router/modem (combo)

    for the last 5 days or so, my internet was acting weird, disconnecting every 20 mins or so, i had an old linksys router, no clue on the modem, but all of it's about 7 years old, i got a replacement, Motorola SBG6580, my connection is somewhat better, but my ISP says they can't ping my router/modem
  33. G

    Microsoft Fingerprint Reader

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) The Microsoft Fingerprint Reader seems to work with only the IE browser. Should I be surprised? Is it true or is there something I can do to make it work with Mozilla? It works on the other API's I have tried, but I haven't...
  34. G

    Error and closing sounders

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I've just reinstalled XP Home on my laptop, and I have a couple different ..wmv files that I created to replace the error message and Windows closing sounders. The files show up in the Windows folder and Media sub...
  35. C

    Problem with Gigabyte mobo and Intel i7 920

    Hi, After the LAN party I went to last night,I brought my computer home and plugged it in and it worked just fine. After I woke up this morning and tried to get my computer out of standby, it wouldn't turn on. Intel i7 920 Corsair 850W 3x1gb Corsair 1333Mhz Seagate SATA 512GB Gigabyte mobo
  36. G

    S5000xvn single channel problem

    Hello Guys, I have a problem in populating ram with s5000xvn intel motherboard: when I use ranks a2, b2, c2, d2 -> ram chipset goes in single channel mode instead of quad (seen with benchs and everest) and I don't see why. I have followed instructions in motherboard documentation, populating...
  37. M

    ASUS P5QC locks up during OS install

    My P5QC locks freezes at about the same spot everytime I try to install Vista. It is at the 'expanding files' part of the install. Cursor just locks. Switching memory to identical DDR3 sticks causes it to lock up way sooner. Switching to DDR2 sticks causes a blue screen during install. Could all...
  38. B

    All parts but RAM chosen, please suggest!

    Hey guys, I am planning on building with the following parts: MOBO:MSI 790FX-GD70 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130223 CPU:AMD PhenomII x3 720 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649&Tpk=x3%20720 Graphics:XFX HD 4890...
  39. G

    Recommendations for a CD-ROM

    I'm building a new system and I'm trying to figure out what the best CD-ROM drive is. I've looked all over the Internet and maximum PC and can't get any current recommendations. I've seen quite a few professional reviews on the Kenwood 72 TrueX but I've also seen a lot of consumer reviews that...
  40. I

    P5Q3-DELUXE

    hiii.. iam from cuba .. i don t speak so well english... but i would like to know if THIS motherboard P5Q3 DELUXE/WIFIAP... WOULD BE A GOOD BUY? I REALLY LIKE IT.. I GOT 200-300 DOLLARS SO WHAT BOARD WOULD BE BETTER TO BUY... :pt1cable: .