Phoenix

Page 8 - Forum discussion tagged with Phoenix.
  1. bilbat

    How-to capture and post images to the forum...

    See Dick and Jane Capture and Post a Screen Image to the Forum: an image posting primer! :bounce: To 'capture' application screens, you click on them so they are the 'active window', then hit the <ALT><Prt Scr> combination (anther handy one is <CTRL><Prt Scr> - captures the whole desktop...
  2. marc2124

    New build questions

    Hello All!!! I am currently starting to build a new system. Here are the components that I am considering. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Case: Cooler master storm enforcer...
  3. T

    Memory

    I just upgraded to windows 7 64bit from xp. I have 8gb memory installed in my asus p5q3 but the os sytem only recognizes 4gb of memory. any ideas?
  4. B

    What is a quality turntable needle?

    I have a technics turntable from ages ago, but it is in great shape and it still works. I just don't have a cartridge or needle. It has been years since i've shopped for them so I forgot whjat I am looking for in a quality unit. Any help here?
  5. N

    Weird speed drops over to under 1/10 with distance below 30ft

    At the living room there is an Apple router/HDD connected to the modem and it broadcasts internet to the whole apartment, which ain't big. It used to be good, but now it's oscilates like crazy, and these oscilations are kinda long term (over 4, 5 hours of durations), even tho the signal strenght...
  6. T

    Building my first gaming rig

    So i'm in the planing stage of building my first gaming pc, my budget is around 1000 dollars and I will be playing games like far cry 3 and battlefield. The link to what i'm planing on getting is here: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Kb0E can people tell me what is good and what I can do better...
  7. P

    Need help

    Hi i got a gtx 460 1 gig superclocked its nice card.. my motherboard ga-p55a-ud3 has sata 3 but i only have 1 harddrive at the moment question is right now with using sata 3 to my single harddrive it dropping my gtx 460 to x 8 inside of x16.. im a gamer shoul di just switch my harddrive back to...
  8. K

    Memory+Page file+Game Load times.

    Say you have 2 gigs of good ram. And you decrease the HD disk page file to 0..will your game load faster because it's forced to load from ram instead of hd? Will games overall run faster? Can anyone try it with say BF2?:) Thanks!
  9. C

    Will the Asus Rampage II Extreme fit in Antec Nine Hundred Two?

    So I bought a Antec Nine Hundred Two and after looking at Motherboards think I want to get the Asus Rampage II Extreme for my Core i7 240. The Rampage II Extreme is a bit bigger than the normal ATX. Does anyone know if the Rampage II Extreme will fit in an Antec Nine Hundred Two? Especially...
  10. S

    ASUS A8R32 Motherboard support windows 7

    does this MoBo support win7??????
  11. F

    How do i find my motherboards monel number?????

    i need to replace my motherboard, but searches lead me to 1/2 a dozon boards, cpuz doesnt show much and i took a pic of my bios http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=162876790, can someone let me know how to find it? i dont want to replace with the wrong board
  12. A

    ISP can't reach my router/modem (combo)

    for the last 5 days or so, my internet was acting weird, disconnecting every 20 mins or so, i had an old linksys router, no clue on the modem, but all of it's about 7 years old, i got a replacement, Motorola SBG6580, my connection is somewhat better, but my ISP says they can't ping my router/modem
  13. G

    Microsoft Fingerprint Reader

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) The Microsoft Fingerprint Reader seems to work with only the IE browser. Should I be surprised? Is it true or is there something I can do to make it work with Mozilla? It works on the other API's I have tried, but I haven't...
  14. G

    Error and closing sounders

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I've just reinstalled XP Home on my laptop, and I have a couple different ..wmv files that I created to replace the error message and Windows closing sounders. The files show up in the Windows folder and Media sub...
  15. C

    Problem with Gigabyte mobo and Intel i7 920

    Hi, After the LAN party I went to last night,I brought my computer home and plugged it in and it worked just fine. After I woke up this morning and tried to get my computer out of standby, it wouldn't turn on. Intel i7 920 Corsair 850W 3x1gb Corsair 1333Mhz Seagate SATA 512GB Gigabyte mobo
  16. G

    S5000xvn single channel problem

    Hello Guys, I have a problem in populating ram with s5000xvn intel motherboard: when I use ranks a2, b2, c2, d2 -> ram chipset goes in single channel mode instead of quad (seen with benchs and everest) and I don't see why. I have followed instructions in motherboard documentation, populating...
  17. M

    ASUS P5QC locks up during OS install

    My P5QC locks freezes at about the same spot everytime I try to install Vista. It is at the 'expanding files' part of the install. Cursor just locks. Switching memory to identical DDR3 sticks causes it to lock up way sooner. Switching to DDR2 sticks causes a blue screen during install. Could all...
  18. B

    All parts but RAM chosen, please suggest!

    Hey guys, I am planning on building with the following parts: MOBO:MSI 790FX-GD70 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130223 CPU:AMD PhenomII x3 720 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649&Tpk=x3%20720 Graphics:XFX HD 4890...
  19. G

    Recommendations for a CD-ROM

    I'm building a new system and I'm trying to figure out what the best CD-ROM drive is. I've looked all over the Internet and maximum PC and can't get any current recommendations. I've seen quite a few professional reviews on the Kenwood 72 TrueX but I've also seen a lot of consumer reviews that...
  20. I

    P5Q3-DELUXE

    hiii.. iam from cuba .. i don t speak so well english... but i would like to know if THIS motherboard P5Q3 DELUXE/WIFIAP... WOULD BE A GOOD BUY? I REALLY LIKE IT.. I GOT 200-300 DOLLARS SO WHAT BOARD WOULD BE BETTER TO BUY... :pt1cable: .