Prototypes

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Prototypes.
  1. H

    is there a way to recover lost files from mywinlocker

    Hi i have kept some personal photos and files in mywinlocker suite .. didn;t opened that software for longtime but when i opened it now i cannot find any of the files and folders and as far as i can remember i didn't deleted it ... please those are very very important files for me ...
  2. P

    40Mbps with direct connection to modem. 7Mbps with direct connection to router?

    As the title says, when wired to my modem I get a constant 40mbps on speedtest.net. When I plug my modem into my router, TrendNet TEW812-DRU, and wire connect to the router, my speed drops to 7mbps on the same test. Any thoughts? Faulty router perhaps?
  3. L

    No picture on HDTV connected to laptop

    I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 operating system. I recently purchased a VGA- HDMI connecting cord and when my laptop is running, I see no picture on my TV (which is set to the appropriate input, I believe). I'm not sure what to do next. Any help would be great! Thank you.
  4. G

    Can you reccomend me a laptop?

    Hello, I am looking for a laptop for everyday use like web browsing, skype and some light gaming. I was thinking about something with an AMD APU (A8 or A10 series) but I am not sure if they are worth the money over the cheapest possible dual core ones... What would you guys reccomend?
  5. MaxData

    Your opinion on this issue

    Hello everyone I am having a problem. I have: Packard Bell EasyNote TE69KB laptop. Windows 8 64-bit AMD Dual Core Processor E1-2500 1.4 GHz x64 with 1 MB L2 Cache. Single Channel DDR3 4 GB RAM at 665 MHz AMD Radeon HD 8240 512 MB 400 MHz GPU Clock DDR3 TOSHIBA MQ01ABD032 SATA Hard Drive 298...
  6. T

    How do I remove drivelock password?

    Theres a forgotten drivelock password on Data 4 Sata. Need to regain access.
  7. D

    Is this power supply enough to power everything in my computer?

    So i'm thinking about uppgrading my computer and i was wondering if a 800w power supply is enough for 1 FX-8350 Vishera, 2 Sapphire amd r9 280x Toxic, 3 120mm fans and 3 140mm fans?
  8. K

    42'' hdmi output fifa 14

    win7 32bit, biostar N68S3B,amd sempron 145 processor 2.8ghz, 4gb ram ddr3 , 450w, ati radeon 5450 1gb....... can i play fifa 14 on lowest settings using the hdmi on a 42'' lcd
  9. M

    Computer randomly restarts when playing games - is this a gpu issue?

    So I had this asked in another thread but it was deleted and I was unable to get help. I did a google search and noticed several other people with this same problem, but none were able to get an answer. So I just bought an open box gigabyte gtx 660 OC from microcenter about 3 days ago and when...
  10. B

    PowerColor R9 280X water cooling

    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm looking for full-cover waterblock for my Powercolor R9 280x. The only block I can find is a GPU block and not a full cover. But I have read that the R9 280x boards are the same so does this mean that this water block EK-FC7970 DCII - Acetal+EN...
  11. EcoMCG

    Is this a good CPU Build for small games?

    Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 AMD FX 6300 Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler w/ PWM fan MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 POWERSUPPLY:600 Watts - Corsair CX600 600W VIDEO CARD :AMD Radeon R7 250 Is this a good build?
  12. Advanced Micro Devices

    Top 10 Best AMD CPUS for overclocking.

    what are the best 10 AMD CPUS for overclocking.
  13. K

    will my psu support this card???

    i hav core i5 760 2.8ghz cpu and corsair cx 430w psu and 8gb of ram..and i want to install gtx 650ti on this so wil my corsair cx 430 support this..? it gives 32a on +12v rail.... Will it support??
  14. S

    What is the best M.2 SSD around?

    Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad y410p, and i would like to purchase an M.2 SSD for it (thus leaving the DVD drive open for a future second GPU). I didn't find a lot of options available: are they still on their way to market? Are there already some good ones around, or should I wait for better...
  15. G

    i5 4670K or Xeon E3 1230 V3 for Gaming Purposes?

    If I go for the i5, I will get an AsRock Z87 Extreme 3 mobo. I am not sure which mobo to get for the Xeon yet, but will try to keep it as cheap as possible. Going for the i5 binds me to an R9 270X (budget-wise). going for the Xeon, will probably allow an R9 280X. What should I do, considering...
  16. M

    new wireless mouse selection

    I have had the logitech bluetooth mx1000 keyboard and mouse set for years upon years. A month ago i replaced the keyboard with a logitech solar powered....awesome i must say. Now my mouse is finally crapping out. I am torn between getting a razor mamba, the logitech g602, or one of the...
  17. C

    Sapphire hd4870 512mb problem

    Hi, I have the folowing system: Intel quad 9450 Rampage formula mother board 4gb DDR Sapphire HD 4870 512MB video card My problem is that when i enter games my computer just restarts, i think ( know ) that it is my video card, but what other solutions can i try before replaceing it ( no money...
  18. C

    Can i slave my laptop HDD to my desktop pc?

    can i slave my laptop HDD to my desktop pc? what problem may occur?
  19. G

    I cant load office pro plus 2007 on windows 7

    on the CD drive. It won't run autoplay and I can't use Run so when I click the cd drive it actually tries to read the drive and then ejects the CD. I have used it to load some Adobe products prior to Office 2007 so I know the CD drive works
  20. P

    FA: Qbert and MameActor (reactor clone) in FL

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Got a couple interesting machines on ebay right now.. My Qbert upright with one of my reproduction cabinets that has NOS Qberts Qubes sideart on one side, repro Qbert on the other.. All new art, new cab, original guts...
  21. KrisInFla

    Anyone here tried this...

    ...or something like it? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882822015&cm_re=headphone_amplifier-_-82-822-015-_-Product Hi and thanks for reading. I am getting very low volume through my Sennheisers and can't seem to find any other solution. All Windows volume controls are...
  22. G

    Wow.

    Archived from groups: alt.games.neopets (More info?) Dodn't mind me I just been spending some time reading the strings to get familiar with the group man you guys go fast it's hard to keep up with you.
  23. J

    An E8600 or Q9650, or should I upgrade yet?

    I built my first pc about two months ago and have decided that I should upgrade my CPU. I play games and would like them at a high quality. Im currently using an E6300 2.8ghz MSI G41TM-E43 DDR2 2x2gb pc6400 NVIDIA GT210 512MB. At first I was going to get an E8600 but then I saw the Q9650 which...
  24. G

    FF: 2 game boards

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Free: Two unknown game boards. No gems, probably not working. I packed them up for an auction that fell through and can't find the pictures anymore. Don't feel like opening the boxes to take another. Make believe it's...
  25. W

    Deleting Files

    System is HP XW4200 workstation with XP. I have Norton SystemWorks. When I do a scan now it takes several hours and checks over 500,000 files. How can I see the list of these files to delete? There has to be a lot of unnecessary/duplicate files there as I don't keep a lot of info on the...
  26. arges86

    Middle Click on mouse

    The middle click on my mouse has stopped working. Its a 'Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0' I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers (IPx64_1033_7.10.344.0) from microsoft, and it hasn't done anything. Under Mouse in the Control Panel, it has the Wheel Button set to 'Middle Click'...
  27. G

    space loot

    Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?) when i first started fighting in space i was getting some decent loot from blow up spaceships. now i am getting nada. any ideas?
  28. E

    Fighters and Barbitics

    Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?) Inquiring minds want to know: Are fighters harmed in any way at all by barbs these days? Can I blow them up? Or have they got massive armor only useful in avoiding barb explosions? (Not that that would make sense if they did)...
  29. Decennium

    Palit 4850 Heatsink

    Well I'm planning on removing the stock heatsink on the 4850 since it idles pretty hot like around 75-81 degrees. Since the new heatsinks have bigger fans and whatnot I'm guessing it'll require more power, would my 450W psu be able to handle it? Which one seems like a better choice...
  30. D

    Probelms with Dell Dimension 8400

    Ok so I have a Dell Dimension 8400 I'm trying to fix for a friend. I cleaned the dust out of but when I went to power it on it didn't do anything. I tried different cables and power sources. The light is green on the motherboard but nothing else. I shorted the psu and the psu fan turned on and...
  31. P

    32 bit or 64 bit on laptop

    Hello im wondering if it would be wise to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit over 32 bit. I have Vista 32bit on hp laptop with 4gb of ram and a core 2 duo T8300 processor. I can get either version for like 8 bucks through school so my last decision to make before i buy is 64 or 32 bit. According to...
  32. G

    FS MAME MACHINE

    Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?) I have my MAME machine for sale. Machine looks real sharp (see link below). It is running on Windows XP operating system running MAME32. Some of the systems specs are below. I take the first $475 for it. Game must be picked up in Erie, PA...
  33. B

    Dell 470 or other dual cpu

    I want to attempt a dual cpu machine by dell or ibm or HP, and know they delete their own os alot of times. I am curious as to if it will take a regular full cd of vista premium? I am aware of the extras thye put in, hopefully driversone can dwnloa and install. Any example of a success story...
  34. I

    Xp emulator not XP mode

    how run program , if not running in windows B My CPU Intel Pentium E2200 not suport virtualization, please help me
  35. G

    Free counterstrike Pictures!

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?) http://eng.cufu.net/html/Desk/Game/20050207211900.htm Click small picture to big picture!
  36. R

    i7 runnig at higher than rated speed

    I have an Intel Core i7 860 that appears to be running at a much higher than 2.8ghz speed. Windows is extremely slow starting and runs very choppy. Some games seem to run while others frame rates make play impossible. I ran SiSoftware Sandra and it says the clock speed is 8.31ghz. I've...
  37. J

    To Buy or Not (Advice Needed)

    I'm looking to buy the following computer: Gateway Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz (FX6800-03H) Specs are basically: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10117865 I don't built custom machines or have plans to overclock, I do game and was just wondering...
  38. D

    Vista vs. Windows 7

    So, I am building a new rig sometime in December, Christmas present to myself and my first build. And I have my hardware mostly picked out and some of it will probably change as things become available. What I need to know is if I should buy Vista Ultimate x64 and maybe later upgrade to Windows...
  39. P

    help anybody who knows

    i have a gateway 4010u laptop notebook. when it comes on and after logo it asks for bootable cd in drive. and if i press f2 when logo appears it ask for a password. i gave it to my teacher he took the bios password off for 'he say' . i got the computer from my girl. she said its almost brad...
  40. J

    Need to reformat Dell Optiplex DX 620

    I have the Dell OS install disk, tell me how to do this procedure please.