Prototypes

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Prototypes.
  1. M

    For sale XBOX system

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?) I am selling a brand new sealed Xbox system. 1 system and 1 controller... Price 170.00
  2. D

    Wireless Connection Lost after Reboot

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.internet.wireless (More info?) Sorry for x-posting but I wanted to get maximum coverage for this post as it's really annoying me. I have a Dell laptop (Latitude D800) with built-in b/g wireless (Dell TrueMobile 1300) and a Linksys WAP11 Access...
  3. badge

    CSI Charlotte: Bigfoot spotted.

    He remains as blurry as ever. http://www.wcnc.com/home/Is-this-Bigfoot-118503409.html
  4. D

    FPS increase if new CPU is installed ?

    So guys, first of all i would to thank everyone who helped me the last two weeks. So before i get my new rig i'm wondering will i see a huge FPS increase? i personally think my CPU is holding back my GPU GPU GTX 760 CPU AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 ghz. In CoD Black ops 2 i'm getting around...
  5. T

    Help picking parts to improve my gaming rig.

    I'm trying to get the most performance as possible without having to spend that much. I use my desktop for gaming only(I own several computers). I'm only looking to play games at 60fps at 1920x1080 which is the max res of my screen(40 inch vizio hdtv). I feel like one or 2 of my components are...
  6. L

    How efficient and what processor goes with it best?

    I am currently looking at getting this motherboard to update my gaming rig. ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard I also am looking at the Intel Core i7 to go with it. However, since I am not conversant with how these things work together, I...
  7. M

    Asus Radeon HD7850 - Fan on 24/7?

    Hello, I purchased an Asus Radeon HD850 graphics card with 2GB of RAM. I've had it for about two months. Yesterday, I left the computer on for the whole day, and when I came back the fans were very loud. I checked the temperature of the GPU and it was normal - not overheating at all. The Asus...
  8. E

    HP DV6 black screen on start-up

    Just today i had apart my laptop to replace the fan it went out on me so i had just put everything back together and put the battery in and plugged the a/c adapter in and started it up at first the cap light blinked 3 times so i looked that up and found my memory was seated wrong so i restarted...
  9. Z

    Windows 7 and linux issue, separate hard drives

    Hey everyone, I've installed Linux Mint on my secondary hard drive, while windows 7 was on SSD. Linux works like a charm, unfortunately can't say the same about windows. It won't boot, but the interesting thing is that if I unplug SATA cable from HDD that has linux in it, i can boot to windows...
  10. R

    TV-Out - No Color !?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) I have a Compaq Armada E500 (PIII/600mhz/10Gb) with the ATI Rage Mobility graphics chip, running WinXP Prof.. I can't get the (composite) TV-out to work... well it does, but it's only in black and white. Does anyone have any ideas...
  11. E

    How to use amd a10 graphics?!

    Title says it all. I'm so confused how to set my pc to use the graphics of my APU instead of my other graphics card.
  12. Kingbob

    7870 upgrade (or maybe not?)

    Okay, so I'm in a bit of a predicament right now. Currently I have a 7870 and I want to upgrade it to get on something that can max out 1080 P. I have someone lined up to buy the 7870 for $110 if need be. So I'm wondering what would be the best bang for my buck. Would it be best to crossfire...
  13. M

    GTX 670 SLI issues

    My system: i7: 3820 Asus rampage formula IV X79 16gb ddr3 Windows 7 64bit (does not have sp1 or later) Corsair Hx 1050 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 in sli Issue: This has been an on going issue that I have attempted to solve in the past, but I have never solved it & I have been living with it for...
  14. M

    Can this be improved?

    I would like some professional advice. This is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mzzxx/saved/2z7i I really want my computer to look sleek and sexy and have a window. Any advice for a first timer?
  15. G

    Please help AOM Text disappears

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?) I recently purchased the AOM game and I have a new computer purchased at xmas time and had the graphics card updated to a NVIDIA GeForce FX5500. When I load the game and go to play it the text shows up for a second and then...
  16. N

    Which 7600GT?

    I was planning on getting this eVGA Geforce 7600GT KO ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130017 ), but I found this XFX Geforce 7600GT that features a higher core clock, higher core clock, and lower pricetag ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150182...
  17. S

    R3360us - CPU Overheat Shutdown - Cleaning Help

    Hey all, Have read with interest the power cable discussions and others. Thanks, in advance, to all those who contribute time and knowledge here. Our r3360us has begun shutting down, my guess is cpu overheat. Runs like a charm until someone does heavy cpu activity, then it shuts off...
  18. O

    Ati radeon hd 4200 mac driver

    Hello, Are here any drivers for ATI Radeon HD 4200 on Mac OSX?
  19. M

    guns sound weak in H-2

    Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?) The guns sound cheazy in H-2, the plasma rifle sounds very toyish, and the machine gun (not battle rifle) sounds weak, also what happened to the big booms from gernades, sometimes I don't even hear them, is it me? any thoughts? the game is...
  20. G

    Will 5700 support (2) 1600*1200

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Can't seem to get answer tia
  21. L

    How to stop the wavy lines when gaming?

    recently i have bought a new GPU and PSU,but when i start a game,some weird wave lines are showing and scrolling in the monitor,which is really annyoing.Could this be from the new PSU? i've found a similliar topics saying that problem might be from the PSU,but how can that be possible? i just...
  22. soberpyro

    Does this motherboard run at PCI-E 3.0 x16/x16/x16?

    Hey Guys,Thanks for this community. I always learn a lot. My question is this, and I did search the web but couldn't find anything. Does the ASRock FATAL1TY Z87 Killer ATX LGA1150 motherboard run at PCI-E 3.0 x/16/x/16, or will it run the threads at x8/x8 like my current board during SLI...
  23. B

    4820k (2011), 4930k (2011), or 4770k (1150) for 3-way-sli (780ti) on 5760x1080

    I am planning to build a gaming rig and my budget is at $5500 and I don't know which CPU will be better for tri-sli. Build: 3x Nvidia EVGA Superclocked 980mhz 780ti 3-way-sli 8x 16GB CAS 9 DDR3-1333 RAM XSPC AX360 Dual D5 Vario pump watercooling kit w/360mm rad and copper water block BitFenix...
  24. G

    EQ1: basilisk eggs ?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?) I took a 'toon out into BB. Killed a giant bat and got a Basilisk Eggs. When I looted it, the main chat window had: 'Once again you startle as a loud hissing is heard. This time though, it sounds a bit more pained. You believe the...
  25. G

    Kaveri = BF4 w/o graphics card..

    Well, Kaveri will run BF4 at medium settings on 1080p without a graphics card @ 35fps, absolutely outstanding performance for just the APU, show me an Intel CPU that can do that without a dedicated GPU.. Keep in mind this is without the HSA enabled and without Mantle, both the HSA and Mantle...
  26. A

    Will this Laptop be able to run MMORPGs like Everquest Next, Guild Wars 2, Age of Wushu etc ?

    Hi, Its a HP Pavillion N003TX 4th Gen i5 4200u 1.6ghz + turbo boost AMD Radeon HD 8670m 1GB 4GB RAM Am also considering Another HP With 3rd gen i5 3230M 2.6Ghz AMD Radeon HD 8670M 1GB 4GB RAM And a DELL Inspiron with 3rd gen i3 3227u 1.8ghz NVIDIA 730M 2GB 4GB RAM Preference is currently...
  27. G

    S-Video connector on Radion 9600 ?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) Hi All, My first post here to go easy on me please ;-) I have recently upgraded my machine (2600+) and at the same time have gone for a decent (well, 'value for money') video card with the Radion 9600 Atlantis (256). All is...
  28. R

    problem with cache cleaner & map manager

    Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?) Hi, I have both UT Cache Cleaner and UT Map Manager, and I can't get dm-mountainman to show up. The first time I played the map and saw it on the Cache Cleaner, I clicked the box next to it, and it just dissapeared! It doesn't show...
  29. G

    How to remove CPU from HP notebook motherboard?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) I have a pavilion notebook with an AMD CPU. I cannot find a way to get the CPU off. There is no latch, no screw to turn, nothing. Is there an alternative way to get it out? I'd like to try it in my desktop motherboard...
  30. G

    Happy new year !

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?) Happy new year to all Regards Doughnut
  31. F

    Windows stops acknowledging my USB ports

    when I use my laptop at some point Windows just completely disacknowledges my USB ports. whats odd is I can tell when it happens because when I right click the menu is transparent until I scroll over it and I get ghosts after I click an option and if I don't remove whatever is connected it it...
  32. G

    Info on Switching Hub j3202a + j3210a?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) Hello, I have obtained as surplus a number of old 10baseT j3202a switching hubs along with the management module j3210a. These hubs are working. I have managed to get a ascii session going with the management module but as expected the...
  33. G

    Is this card good for the newest games???

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Gigabyte GeForce FX 5900 XT 128MB DDR AGP DVI VO FX5900 The price I have is 135 pounds is it a good price or can I get cheaper elsewhere? Cheers Carlos
  34. G

    Unlimited Checkers 1.1

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?) http://www.naorsoft.com//indexu.html > Unlimited Checkers is a Java-based checkers (also known as draughts) game. > It features two modes (Regular & Unlimited), good graphics, optional hints, > sound effects including audio from your...
  35. B

    New Drivers Available

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Driver 61.76 is now available for download on the NVIDIA website for Windows XP/2000: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76 regards B
  36. G

    Compaq Presario 3000 series notebooks

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) Are ALL of the fans on the bottom of the notebook or are there any say on the rear side where the other ports are? Once again Compaq fails to include this information in their online site, and once again they have no tour for the...
  37. C

    directx problem...

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?) i am missing a qedit.dll file so i cant download directx. can someone tell me where to find this file
  38. G

    Sims 2 problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?) When I am in the game and decide to save, my computer totally locks up and i have 2 crash it. This is really annoying as whenever i go back i have 2 start afresh. I have disabled all my virus checkers and firewalls as its...
  39. 2

    unable to open word docs in 2013

    just got a new computer and loaded microsoft 2013 on it. now cannot open ANY of my old word files, the icon has changed and wh
  40. D

    dell lattitude cpx

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) i have a dell lattitude cpx laptop which my son accidently *broke* the keyboard i have been offered an XPi keyboard. will this keyboard fit and work thank you for your time