Rival

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Rival.
  1. A

    GPU compatibility question?

    Hi,I want to get an HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 but I'm wondering if my motherboard will make it slower(or don't work at all). I've a N68-GS3 UCC and it's using PCI Express 1.0 x16 and that gpu is an 3.0 one. So,will it run fine?It's compatible?
  2. M

    purchased refurb Pavilion ZE1210

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) I just purchased a factory refurbished HP Pavilion ZE 1210 notebook. The spec sheet says that I have an Athlon 1500+, with a true speed of 1300 MHZ (1.3 Ghz) When I right click on My computer and click propertioes, it tells my the CPU...
  3. jack_attack

    Tomsfolk are smart about tech, how about homeowner issues!?

    Ok, this is possibly slightly off topic, but I need some help. The house I bought this winter has a walkout basement. Well, springs coming, and there is obvious remains from flooding, near the door. Anyone laid drain tile before? I know it's not too difficult, but will that work to remove the...
  4. F

    Intel copying AMD

    I couldn't post to the comments on the article, because I apparently can't pass the character recognition test. Since I spent a bit of time on that response, I decided to post it here. It is more or less a rebuttal of the idea that Intel adding graphics processing to Nehalem is a sign of them...
  5. A

    Pavilion Win 98 can't find modem / sound

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) My Pavilion 8190 was serving me well enough until I tried upgrading the OS to Win 98 SE. I've "set up" the program so many times I have memorized the key code but cannot get the modem (Lucent winmodem) or sound card properly recognized and...
  6. V

    [SOLVED] Help with Hackintosh Build

    Hi, I am just gathering a list of components for my new Hackintosh that will also dual-boot into Windows 7. I just need some help on some details and I thought people here may have some good opinions. Here is my component list so far. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz ASUS Sabertooth X79...
  7. J

    Dell Dimension 2400 Internet Explorer Problem

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I inherited a Dell Dimension 2400 from my deceased step father. Pentium 4, 2.2 GHz, XP Home, 256 RAM, Microsoft I.E. Build 6.0.2800.1106. It runs fine except for one problem. Internet Explorer will not open or run. When I try to open...
  8. aford10

    Can't we all get along?

    Iran has spouted threats for a while. Now they claim their neighbors are an insult to humanity. I don't see this working out well for Iran. http://news.yahoo.com/iran-israels-existence-insult-humanity-093922735.html
  9. A

    Optiplex 755 low profile video card Core2Duo 3ghz 4GB Ram

    I am looking for the best video card for my Optiplex 755 Small Form Factor computer. There is a pci and pci-e slot for cards with low profile brackets. The pci-e slot is on top,close to the hard drive, so I am not sure how big a fan it can have on it. I would like to be able to play games...
  10. G

    New to me: 900 freeware games

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?) I have not registered this one before: http://www.noodan.com/ A bit to much ads on the site, but OK if you use any kind of ad blocker... regards from vegard -- Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway My sites...
  11. G

    Chrimbo Prezzies on Stratics

    Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?) Just noticed this post on Stratics: http://uo.stratics.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?newsid1100648438,25362, It's a couple of days old and I've got one of those cactuses in real life.
  12. T

    battlefield 4 PC for under $1800 USD

    Hello all, i'm looking to build a PC for battlefield 4, possibly other games, but this is my primary PC game i play. I'm looking to spend $1800 USD in total, i've never built a pc, but have been an active gamer for a while, mostly putting up with what my off the shelf PC can handle, which being...
  13. G

    Inspiron 5100 Laptop - Mouse Pad disable ??

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Can anyone tell me how I disable the keypad mouse as I just want to use a normal mouse ???
  14. R

    First water cooling 140mm rad

    so I'm doing water cooling for my first time and I was just wondering if I can use a 140mm dual rad and a 120mm single rad for my 4670k and my gtx 670ftw
  15. B

    Deskjet 640c, both lights blinking, carriage stalled!

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) My HP 640c's cradle stops somewhere 5 to 10 cm left to the cartridge carriage (cradle) docking station and both lights, Power and Resume are blinking. I can switch the printer off and on again but the cradle will not move except the...
  16. I

    CM V8 VS Corsair H70 for i7 - 4770k OC

    I`m in a bit of a pickle here! I recently bought a Intel 4770k and oc to 4,4. With my H70 the temps was on 80-90 idle! So I thought i did something wrong, and removed it, along with the paste. But nothing changed. So I got sick of it, and brought out my old V8, who gives me 40 idle with 4,4 oc...
  17. B

    Monitor was working, now black screen

    So I came home from work yesterday and I had my monitors in standby. I sat down and woke them up and they showed my desktop, then the screens just went black. I checked the video card to see if it was seated correctly, checked the cable connections (both are DVI connections that allow the...
  18. T

    Wifi issues with windows 8

    Hey guys, I have this weird problem with windows 8. When I had windows 7, I had no problems with my wifi on my desktop. I installed Windows 8 and now my computer is really slow to connect to the wifi. When it does connect, there are no problems, but it takes 5-10 minutes to even detect a...
  19. G

    Dell SmartStep 200N NOTEBOOK - When I plug the AC Adapter ..

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hi, I have a Dell SmartStep 200N NOTEBOOK - Windows XP Pro When I plug the AC Adapter (9t458) into the notebook, the screen fades to very dark (not black). I can still be some images on the screen, it doesn't go 100% black. When I...
  20. R

    perfect PSU 600VA

    HI guyz My hardware specification *Intel i7 4770k *Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard *Corsair H100i Extreme *Corsair 850TX PSU *WD Black 2TB *corsair vengeance red 32gb *asus gtx 770 *Dell Monitor s2340l i want to buy frontech thunder 600va(Voltage 220-230 50HZ) its perfect for this...
  21. S

    Delete and recover partition

    im going to delete the 2 partition the whole size is approx. 250GB. after deletion and i want to use that as single partition drive. is this possible? help me out
  22. P

    27+ inch monitor for gaming

    Hello, I am looking for a really good 2560 x 1600 gaming monitor. Can anyone make some suggestions. thanks.
  23. S

    not open images

    I've used 4GB memory card in sony camera.when memory card use in card reader then only one massage given do want formate yes / no. .
  24. E

    Laptop is not shutting down/Restart

    Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 14R laptop. I am not able to shut down or restart my laptop now. even I did not able to install or uninstall any program to my laptop now. I have tried to install one program but that page became hanged.
  25. B

    My razer deathadder is dieing

    Hi so recently my razer deathadder is starting to die and won't register for a moment about every few seconds which is really messing up my FPS movements and also my clothpad from STEELSERIES is starting to wear thin also, but both of them have lasted me 1 1/2 year so im decently happy with...
  26. D

    Will my computer run battleifield 4 on ultra excluding 4xmsaa? What fps?

    My specs are: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card Rosewill Line Glow ATX Mid Tower Case...
  27. T

    Backlight for an lg w2522tq computer monitor

    My monitor will come on for a few seconds and then go dark while the power is working just fine. I can see what's on see the screen if I put my face to it so the monitor is working but not lit up. Is that the backlight that's gone out. Can I repair it myself or just get anew monitor?
  28. J

    what a good red or blue usb3.0 case under 40$

    any suggestion its my first time build
  29. A

    Hp printer scanner wont scan if ink is empty?

    I was trying to get my ink replaced but its not available in the store near me till this week. I tried to do some scanning .. why it wont work? It says error.. can continue scan? what could be the problem,,
  30. R

    i7 4770k idle temps

    Hello I just finished building my new pc, its booting up as it should be with no issues at all as far as i can see, but im wondering a thing concerning its idle temps in ASrock bios HW monitor. Im getting 38-39 celcius while idle using a "Noctua NH-U14S " heatsink instead of intels normal...