Rootkit

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Rootkit.
  1. B

    Compatibility Problems Causing Random Lockups?

    This is my 2nd homebuilt PC and the 1st one that isn't working well. Here are the specs: Antec 900 case GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX MSI R5850-PM2D1G Radeon HD 5850 OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK ZALMAN...
  2. H

    not allow users to change desktops?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) In win98 I can set up policy files for each user and control their desktop. From my research, this is not possible in XP Pro (single machinel, multiple users) due to the single GPO that affects everyone. Am I wrong...
  3. G

    comp. won't reconize cd rom drives

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) a while back i was tryin to see if there were any updates for my artec dvd/cd-rw drive. i found an update but it was a firmware flash update and since they had made the drives with 2 different chipsets i had to disconnect...
  4. G

    C:windowssystem32autoexc.nt

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) C:\windows\system32\autoexc.nt i get this only on one computer with xp home sp2 when i load it another computer with xp home sp2 it loads in ok and program works. thanks for reading. john
  5. zettabyte94

    Gigabyte Radeon HD 6570

    So I want this graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125376 It's the Gigabyte version of the Radeon HD 6570. They slightly overclocked it so its memory clock is 1600mhz rather than 1333mhz, and its core clock is 670mhz rather than 650mhz. What is its wattage...
  6. gta_bmx

    "This Old Compaq" question about upgrading

    My neighbors have a Compaq Presario low end system that they bought new in '03. It has XP but only came with 128mb of RAM, 250watt PS, Celeron 2.4 gig CPU, and oddly enough no reset button on the front or a PS off/on switch in the back. It locked up while I was testing it, and I had to unplug...
  7. lucuis

    Windows Media Player 12 Ripping Problem.

    Evening folks. I have come across an issue in Windows 7 using WMP12. I cannot rip a cd in wav(lossless). I can rip it using other formats. However i'm not interested in using a lower bit rate, since i have almost 2k songs ripped at this bit rate already. I did all my ripping under Windows...
  8. G

    HELP WITH CHKDSK!!! PLEASE!!!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) When I start up or load different things on my comp at the bottom in the tray it says "The file of directory C://blahblah/blahblah is corrupt and unreadable, run the Chkdsk utility." So I go to Chkdsk and start it...
  9. S

    Epson cartridge emptyerror message

    Hello, I have a similar problem with the 4000 should it solve by cleaning the contact points,how can I reset it.so that the the cartridge shows full not empty when it is a new cartridge
  10. watters1996

    Dual Monitor help PLEASE

    Hi Guys, Basically i have my normal AOC pc monitor connected to my graphics card through VGA (1080p) and the picture quality is absolutely fantastic. What it is I've got an LCD 24" TV here which is full 1080p and ive plugged it into my graphics card through HDMI but the quality on the hdmi tv...
  11. G

    Restoration Incomplete Your computer cannot be restored to

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I not a regular user of system restore. Usually I use go back. But system restore captures a longer period of time and this time I could use it for that reason. I wanted to go back to nov 1. It has a Restore...
  12. G

    Colours are shifted when printing from any program in Wind..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) A few months ago I installed CorelDraw 10 on my Windows XP system. After that, my Canon BJC-3000 printer started printing washed out colours. Red came out as orange, magenta as pink, etc. After uninstalling CorelDraw...
  13. M

    Serial Port Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I am having the following problem with my serial port (COM1), and it seems to be windows (XP Professional) related: I think Windows is controlling the DTR (pin4) and RTS (pin7) signals from COM1. Instead of these pins...
  14. G

    Computer turn on asks for password then turns off

    Hello, i am running windows 7 and have a toshiba. my laptop suddenly froze, so i turned it off and upon turning it back on it asks for a password. however all the passwords ive used for my computer dont work, and to make things worse if i get it wrong 4ish times the computer shuts off. can...
  15. G

    System restore

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I had just ran a full update to my computer using Windows updates then the next day I ran a system restore. Will the restore effect my updates ??
  16. F

    My Computer Keeps Waking Up On Its Own

    Every night between 4:45am and 5:55am, my computer wakes up on its own. I used to put it to sleep at night. But I recently changed it to hibernate instead, since I have a very fast computer. There is a BIOS option for "Set Wake Event By BIOS", or "Set Wake Event By Operating System". I left it...
  17. J

    Sound driver

    how to install my loptop's sound driver
  18. D

    Zero Memory?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) My son's computer suddenly will not display wallpaper pictures or open files, upon looking around it shows he suddenly has ZERO memory. He has very little memory used up on this 40GB computer...what happened? Would re-...
  19. G

    Usernames

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) When I start up a chat client such as MSN, AOL, or YAHOO my user name automatically appears. How do I delete my username from the entire system. Thanks!
  20. A

    Usb driver

    Hello,in my toshiba laptop is not showing usb driver