SD Card Reader

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with SD Card Reader.
  1. R

    Mini Disc conversion

    I have a net mini disc recorder/player I bought in Greece before I bought my first pc. I lost the software disc that came with it. Now my enquiry is can I transfer music from my md to pc, and how do I do it?
  2. G

    Search Companion is gone!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) When I click on "start", the "search" option has disapeared from my choices. What has happened? Where did it go? Has it been disabled? How do I get it back? Thanks for any suggestions. -- Joe Stewart
  3. M

    Should I get the Radeon HD 7970?

    Hello, I found this this deal on newegg.ca about a 7970 only $359. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161412 HIS IceQ X² H797QM3G2M Radeon HD 7970 $359.99 I really like it and would like to get it for my build, but the thing is, the feedbacks made by people are scaring me...
  4. R

    Fisher speakers

    Hello, I need to figure out what is the positive + negative connector on the back of a fisher floor speakers. They are old and were working, but I had to disconnect and now have to connect them to receiver. There is a red connector knob that has 8 OHMS abd a black connector that has COM.
  5. G

    Don't get a Radeon

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) If you are going to use an Athlon 64 and use Microsoft Word, don't get a Radeon 9800. I don't know about any other Radeons. Their driver (Catalyst) and MS Word do not play together well. Running MS Word will cause your...
  6. I

    Problems with router

    Every time I connect the router, modem, and computer together the way it is meant to be connected using the set up process, the lights on the router flash repeatedly. The only way I could connect to the internet is by connecting my computer directly to the modem. I no longer have wireless...
  7. H

    Hardware acceleration windows 7 turn on

    turn on hardware acceleration
  8. D

    DVD recorder >> Players

    Hi I've looked over the forum but haven't found the answers to the questions I seek. I'm going to get a writter and also a DVD player (for my TV) So I can get a multi region TV- DVD player but what about the writers?? I'm wanting the new plextor but is it multi-region or is there a hack...
  9. T

    How do studio headphones work with gaming sound?

    Ok so I recently bought a pair of Shure SRH840's to use for some monitoring for my music recording, as well as just listening to music. But I also am a pretty heavy gamer and have been hearing that studio headphones are really good for gaming as well. However, I just want to know how these...
  10. k3u

    My computer just crashed and now it won't boot up.

    Basically what happened was for the past few days my computer has been randomly freezing and unfreezing. So today it froze and I got fed up and restarted the computer manually. After doing so, my computer booted up and then showed me a black screen stating "Reboot and Select proper Boot device...
  11. Lord Gornak

    Can a Router slowly fail?

    My Linksys router of 5 years decided to take a dump a few months ago. I found a spare Netgear WGR614 in my parts bin, hooked it up, and it's been working fine up until now. Every 10 minutes or so the router seems to hiccup and prohibit access to http service (all other services seem to work...
  12. J

    Please help I'm confused

    I have a gateway 838GM my speaker output on the back don't work so I'm using the one on the front. I want to fix it and have boxes full of different sound cards but I realized they all have different connections, Can you put any sound card in any computer? Or does it have to have the same connection
  13. R

    use 2 wireless routers to add ethernet cables?

    ok let me explain the situation. I have comcast netgear modem/wireless router. this is in my "office" room. My desktop which does NOT have wireless is in my bedroom. I tried to move the modem into my bedroom but my internet doesn't work well there (possibly because I'm using a splitter for...
  14. maximiza

    Too Hotwire a Diamond 7870PE52G

    Hiya, I am currently using a Rampage 4 Extreme, I am looking into using the hotwire feature of the motherboard and want to see where the solder points are on the Diamond 7870. It is a reference card so it should be the same as all reference cards. There should be 3 pairs of solder points on...
  15. I

    home network is broken and I'm stumped

    I have a four-computer home network that is connected to a Netgear FR114P firewall/switch. The switch is connected to cable modem. I've done something to screw up the network. It used to be all the computers could see each other and we could share files, transfer files and print to the USB...
  16. E

    Screen flickering when playing games (StarCraft II)

    Hi all, I built my new rig yesterday and besides some OS installing hiccups everything went well, until I started playing StarCraft 2. The problem is that the background of the game flickers a lot, like horizontal lines going up and down the screen. When I enable V Sync it is drastically...
  17. G

    hello

    Archived from groups: (More info?) testos 24
  18. G

    copying files from home computer to remote unix server

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) How do I use the windows command prompt to copy a file from my documents to a remote server?
  19. W

    Disc drive attachment to wireless network

    I recently learned that the much touted linksys NSLU2 storage link does not function with drives bigger than 250Gb. I have a Seagate 300Gb drive and would like to attach it to my home network so that all computers can access the drive. I thought the storage link would do the trick but alas it...
  20. G

    SOHO PBX

    Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?) Hi, I'd like to build a personal PBX connecting 4 or 5 analogic phones with a ADSL line and I'd like to know what is the right card I need I visited digium site and I think TDM400 could be the right choice but I cannot understand how it...
  21. A

    Question about a bottleneck.

    A pretty simple question. If I have an AMD 1100T, and I use a gtx 590 will I have a bottleneck? If I WILL have a bottleneck, will OC'ing my 1100t remove the bottleneck? Thanks :D
  22. H

    YouTube interrupts my internet connection

    Hey guys, I have been experiencing a very strange problem, when I watch a YouTube video although it loads perfectly fine , etc. , If I open another tab and try to browse the web or download anything it won't load. My internet just stop working... It's like YouTube forces all the bandwidth to...
  23. A

    Can you overclock the HD 6750?

    I have a macbook pro 15" early 2011 model that comes with: 2.2ghz I7 4gb 1333 mhz ram Radeon HD 6750 1gb 750gb hard drive I wanted to overclock it through bootcamp on windows 7 64 bit, but the default bootcamp drivers apple provides from the CD don't allow overclocking through any program. When...
  24. M

    What graphics card can i use with gigabyte g41m-es2l

    Im curretly using Gigabyte G41M-ES2L and I would like to add a second monitor but for that I need to buy a graphics card, can you guys help on finding out which video card is the best one for me? heres my info running Windos XP Home Eddition Gigabyte Motherboard G41M-ES2L Intel Core 2D 4GB of ram
  25. K

    FS: Gaming PC - Quad Core, 8GB RAM, GTX 570, etc.

    For sale is an awesome gaming rig I built about 8 months back. I've used it primarily for gaming and video editing. I don't do much of either these days, so it's time to downgrade to something a little less extreme. It comes with a pair of Logitech G930's, since I have no use for them anymore...
  26. S

    Can I Run 32-Bit Windows XP on a 64-Bit AMD/Intel Process

    I'm planning what components to use for my next PC. I currently have an Athlon 2000-based machine Running Windows XP Professional. Question is, can I install and run my existing 32-bit XP Pro OS on the 64-bit Athlon X2 or the Core 2 Duo?
  27. S

    Graphics Card Suggestions...

    Hey guys so just bought a new monitor and seems like its slowing down my FPS in wow game-play, was hoping to get some suggestions on which Video Card would help support the new monitor and hopefully within a $150 range. (Also I'm a novice when it comes to computer hardware so hopefully something...
  28. E

    Wlan USB stick or a PCI extension card?

    Hi y'all, I've been looking into wireless networking in depth lately, and been wondering. How could I maximize the potential of my router? I'm using a Thomson TCW710 cable router which seems to be ok so far. Got it from my ISP for free. My computer is a custom self-built desktop PC running...
  29. H

    G.SKILL 2GB PC4000 For Sale

    I am building me a new comp and will be going core2duo. So my old rams will not work cause I am getting DDR2-800. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231021 Thats what I got. I am selling each stick for 75.00$ US. I can ship them to you. I prefer a US buyer to keep shipping...
  30. G

    MSN Messenger and the WinXP firewall

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to any of the MSN messenger sites etc through the windows firewall, or do I have to purchase another piece of software to do this. I have nothing against Messenger I use...
  31. E

    Tweek My Configuration-Multimedia & Gaming-Quiet

    Please tweek my build. I am a novice and welcome your suggestions. I have no idea what video card to choose. Am I missing anyting? Are these parts compatable? Use: Home pc for photo editing (lightroom), video editing (Adobe Premiere Elements), some gaming (minecraft). The only game my son...
  32. T

    Looking for the Best Build in Terms of Value, Future-Proofing (~$1200 max)

    So I'm a casual gamer, looking for decent specs at a good price. I'm also looking to build iwth an eye towards future proofing (I'd like to be able to upgrade in a few years once performance begins to decline). So my goal is to get the best possible value in terms of performance, not to...
  33. S

    Do I have enough watts for my graphics card?

    Hi, I just got an 8XAGP XFX GeForce 6800 XT Xtreme (aka 6800 GS/XT, more specs@link below) and I have put it in my old Dell Optiplex GX270 Mini Tower. I know it has a 250W power supply and I read on the comment at the below link that it should have at least a 400W, so now I'm worried it will be...
  34. G

    Anyone use Allied PSU?

    A little over a month ago I ordered a <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-125-225&depa=1" target="_new">Chieftec case with 450w PSU</A> from newegg. The PSU died a couple of weeks ago, so I RMA'd the PSU and they sent me an <A...
  35. itadakimasu

    Non Deals?

    I'm not usually a stickler for things like anti static bags. I know i have some memory modules stacked on eachother here on my desk ( in a 2 module case lol ) but... .seriously. I really don't think anybody is going to buy this heaping pile of ram modules. Neatly stacked rows would be nice...
  36. D

    Oblivion!

    Hello, I am playing oblivion normally, till once i slept and woke up as a vampire, after having strange dreams, and it gets worse after everytime. and everytime i enter the arena i get some kind of disease, because my health keeps going down till i die. and will the vampire aspect change...
  37. G

    CD Sound Effects

    Hello, We are to have a Dinosaur themed party and would like the dinosaur's sound effects spread randomly through out a CD. How do you space them out?
  38. G

    The Green Pen Tweak

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?) Off an on for some months now, I've been researching the history of hte 'green pen' tweak...which I think will become (if it has not already become) the classic case of audiophile cultural folly. I'd appreciate any leads anyone can send...
  39. Ian

    Moving Hard Drive Intact

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Can I put my old hd (win xp) into a new system and will it still work? I want to keep all my settings and files as they are without having to reinstall everything. Sorry if its a silly question thank you
  40. J

    How do i change my administrator settings on windows 7?

    I cannot open anything because my computer says I need to contact my systms administrator. Kije trying to opena link to a coupon