Slave Drive

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with Slave Drive.
  1. G

    Graphics issue

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) Have had issue lately with graphics loading almost pixelated - really grainy and of poor quality. Checking my Display properties, I'm still at 256 colors and standard resolution...and playing around with different...
  2. W

    my western digital 60gb hard drive is dying slow

    my usb 60gb western digital hard drive is dying the smart test said it was. I am using it as a backup drive (have all my freeware and pictures on it) :( when its hooked up as slave it makes the main hard drive which is a western digital 20gb ( master/drive C: ) really slow. When I load a...
  3. K

    Will my cpu bottleneck the gtx 560

    AMD Athlon 2x 2 250 3.00ghz ASRock N68 S3 UCC 4gb ddr3 ram
  4. V

    Did a BIOS update cause it?

    Hi all I recently update the BIOs on my z77 Sabertooth mobo and had a couple of issues that I haven't been able to resolve. First is disk check issue upon boot. Every time I boot up, the system wants to check the disk issues. How do I address this? I have Intel SRT enabled. 64GB M4 SSD =...
  5. C

    windows socket initialization failed

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?) I had tried to download ATT 95 upgrade> it would not load properly. on reboot this era message Windows Socket initialization failed. Will not allow internet access. Called ATT [ there stuff caused] they passed me...
  6. Sunius

    Just found out why AMD drivers have such bad reputation!

    While I was browsing on GPU computing stuff, I stumbled upon this: http://developer.amd.com/tools/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/introductory-tutorial-to-opencl/ Needless to say, I was shocked :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:. What do you guys think? :)
  7. I

    0920460480

  8. H

    Phyx problem

    I am having trouble installing Phyx. When I go to install it it says that a newer version is installed. It is not listed in add/remove and driver sweeper turns up empty. This happened after I uninstalled driver version 290.36
  9. S

    Do i need to use both 6 pins to power the 8 pin adapter

    Hello All, Very quick question ive checked few others questions but doesnt totally answer what i need. Ive just bought a GTX580 and it comes with 6 pin to 8 pin adapter. Do i need to use both the 6 pins to power the 8 pin connected or is it ok to use just one 6 pin to power it ??
  10. C

    How to use Batch File to check CSV files encoded

    Dear All, The purpose of this concern is to create an MS-DOS batch file that will check on all the csv files for its encoding. The files should be encoded in UTF-8. An MS-DOS batch file will be clicked that will perform the following: • Check all csv files in the folder for its encoding type •...
  11. mercer95

    What graphics card's can play bf3 at around 60fps

    I’m going to be building a new pc soon with a i5 ivy bridge and all that good stuff but I’m not sure what graphics card to buy, I will mostly be playing bf3 and i want to get about 60fps at 1920x1080 at high - ultra graphics, also i would like the card to keep up with future games for a few...
  12. F

    Microsoft Word Starter

    I find Word Starter unnecessary and annoying. How do I disable it? I am using Windows 7 and MS Office 2010.
  13. K

    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 Ultimate x64

    I'm planing to assemble a computer with AMD Phenom (Quad-Core) Processor, ASUS Motherboard alongwith 8 GB (2 x 4GB) DDR2 (800 MHz) RAM. This computer will use for Desktop Publishing purpose. The OS may be Windows XP Pro x64 or, Windows 7 Ultimate x64. The application may run over the windows are...
  14. S

    AIM profile virus... ANYONE??????

    there is a new AIM profile virus... when you click it it installs itself onto your computer and sets your away message to "i just made a screensaver! everyone check it out http://www.esynx.com/screensaver.scr click open to see it!!" i have been unable to find anything on google about it...
  15. S

    Dell Studio XPS 7100 GTX 550 Ti Upgrade??

    I bought a Dell XPS 7100 in 2009, and i'm looking to upgrade. Ports Top Ports USB 2.0 (2) Headphone port Microphone / Line-in port Front Ports USB 2.0 (2) 19-in-1 Media Card Reader Rear Ports USB 2.0 (4) eSATA (1) HDMI (1) Gigabit Ethernet Connection SPID/F Standard 7.1 Audio Jacks DVI...
  16. P

    Search Engine Defaults to my ISP

    Im running the current Linux Mint. When i type in the address bar it searches using my ISP search engine which is junk. How do i change this? I tried looking in the Firefox "about:config" file and it says Google. I have the search bar set to google instead of Duck Duck Go (which i think was the...
  17. J

    Freenas install Failed

    I need help installing Freenas on a Celeron 1.7 Ghz, 512 mb ram. I downloaded Freenas i386-Livecd-0.7.1.5105.iso. and used InfraRecorder to create a cd iso. I keep om getting the same error "read failed unable to load kernel" why ? I changed the following, Hard drive, ram and cd rom. Can anyone...
  18. S

    Using enterprise hard drive(s) in a desktop environment?

    Hi, I read some articles/forums that some people use SCSI/SAS/Fibre Channel setup, enterprise hard drives on their desktops for home/personal use, to make boot-up times faster and play games faster, among other things... I am not really familiar about installing hard drives other than the usual...
  19. J

    how to install?

    im tired of trying to learn how to do stuff by reading crap so ive decided to start doing and learn as i go. i downloaded a packet sniffer program but i cant figure out what to do with it. it doesnt run. i assume i need to compile the source code to run on my system is this correct? the file...