Thomson

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Thomson.
  1. P

    Pit

    Hello, my pc usb port is not work properly.
  2. L

    XP Service Pack 2 - Why so slow ?

    Hi Had to do a reformat (Post below has details) of windows So I have a cd with XP home sp1 and a cd with sp2 So I format, install xp sp1, machine boots up fast, install drivers, etc, machine still fast. Then Install service pack 2, now the machine takes a extra 90 seconds to boot. Is this...
  3. P

    Driver vga asus hd 3650

    Hello,help me how to find driver vga asus hd 3650?
  4. G

    Replacement CD

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I've misplaced my install CD for Windows XP Home Edition and am looking to find out where I can request another one.
  5. W

    My laptop has stop working

    Hello,My laptop gave me a virtualmemory error and now when you click on an icon nothing happens. The system boots up Ok but you can't do anything with any Icon and cannot get to the task manager to start.
  6. S

    Help Upgrading CPU Please

    Hi Guys, I have just recently updated my computers graphics card (to a Radeon HD 6670 2gb GDDR3) and am generally happy enough with the results but i can't help thinking a better CPU would benefit me. My PC is an Acer Aspire T180 AMD 64 Athlon X2 When I updated the graphics card I also...
  7. W

    Dell drivers: smax4pnp exe

    my system smax4pnp.exe file was said to be missing when I was installing xp; it prompt me to insert a CD that has smax4pnp.exe file on for the installation to proceed. please help me out here.
  8. G

    Malicious Software tool ?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I was wondering if I need to install the update KB890830 its malicious software removel tool? It comes on my critical updates. What is it for and how do you use it? I have xp and service pack 1 installed.
  9. Vulpes vulpes

    Gigabyte 970A-UD3 chipset voltage overclock stabilization

    I was disappointed about the overclock of my AMD 965 black edition and have been combing the forums here looking for anything past threads about this sort of thing. I found an old thread about another user (not sure if it was the same motherboard) who upped the chipset voltage by .010v to...
  10. G

    Can not connect via the internet but can ping & telnet

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I am using a dell precision 650 with XP pro and trying to use Remote Desktop via the internet, I have both Sygate firewall and the windows firewall disabled and or allow all. I am running to a linksys BEFSR81 ver 3...
  11. G

    Publisher and PDF

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I am converting a file created in MS Publisher 2003 to a pdf using Adobe, however when it is opened in a true 'publishing' environment ('Apple' software for lack of better terminology), it does not embed the fonts...
  12. J

    Display Driver Problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi. I've recently been getting The Blue Screen of Death that reports that nv4_disp.dll is the culprit. This is an NVIDIA display driver: GeForce FX 5200. The system fails to start normally (freezes) before it gets to the...
  13. WAWMarine127

    Dedicating ram to the onboard graphics

    ok so heres my situation. i have a 6 year old laptop with and integrated graphics (mobile intel(R) 965 Chipset Familly) it has 358 mb of graphics memory cause i have 4gigs of ram. i hardly ever get up to using 2 gigs. And the clock speed of the thing says its 500MHz. so i was wondering if there...
  14. G

    Page Cannot Be Displayed

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Lately, many, many websites I try to access, i.e., Amazon.com; CDNow. com; and many others, result in getting this Page Cannot Be Displayed. I have Windows XP and I.E. 6.0. Does anyone know why this is happening? - Liz Miller
  15. A

    ASUS P8P67-M + intel i5 2500k for OC 101

    Hello, I have made a rig with ASUS P8P67-M paired with intel i5-2500k. I have Cooler Master Hyper 212 and Cooler Master PSU as well. Is that rig a good one for OC? I've been using it for gaming, and I wanna boost its performance to meet future demands. I'm a newbie on overclocking so I'd like...
  16. qiwibunni

    Netgear 600 - WNDR3700v3

    Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to limit a specific attached device's bandwidth on my router? My parents got this "Tv-Box" thing that allows them to watch oversea tv stations, and it really kills the bandwidth whenever they use it. I have tried setting the Qos priority rule - but it...
  17. G

    What is hp nc6000 charging volts

    i am trying to use a dell charger on my nc6000 from hp. I already did the rewiring. will it work?
  18. G

    Windows XP doesn\'t recognize USB Mass Storage Device

    when i plugs my mp3 player it does not working...
  19. M

    I want to change my security password.

    I would like to change my pass word.
  20. K

    Beeping sound

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?) Every time i play a game, my computer starts beeping, its like a siren sound, has anyone have any ideas what it is and what i can do about it, its driving me crazy. Thanx -- kelly
  21. G

    Locked Blank Desktop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have a Dell Laptop. The desktop shows only the wallpaper. Cannot right click to "show icons". The only way to access anything is to run explorer.exe through the task manager. Please someone tell me how to restore the...
  22. G

    Windows won't start

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I switched from Windows98 to Windows XP SP2 about 7 months ago using an "upgrade" version without any problems. Two weeks ago my motherboard overheated and failed after a fan broke down. I have therefore just...
  23. J

    Scanner and Camera Wizard

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I am using XP Pro SP2. When I open the Printer and Scanner Wizard I get the message that the computer cannot detect the scanner etc. I have a Canoscan Lide 20 installed and it operates in all other applications with no...
  24. M

    Gateway laptop wireless not on

    this model does not have a button and the fn key combo has no effect. The adaptor shows fine in device manager. How can I turn the wireless back on? I had this problem once before but can't remember how to turn it on. It seems like a box popped up asking if I wanted to restart the wireless.
  25. L

    Is it safe to let microsoft managemet console change things on your computer

    ms removal tools has been popping up saying my computer has a virus problem it anylzed also showing is awindow i assumed was from microsoft microsoft management console that wants to change settings on my coputer- who is trying to help me and who is not
  26. N

    Security that fits My Needs

    Hey guys Ive been using computers for year's now. and one thing i can never do is pick that "perfect" security suite for me. for a while i was using comodo, and that program is an absolute beast and for 4 bucks, well yeah worth the money But i cant deny that it was a total pain in the backside...
  27. 6

    Windows XP Activation

    Hello, everyone. I bought an original OEM version of Windows XP. I know that it's authentic because it accepts the Product Key. However, when I attempted to activate it online, it said that the CD key is not valid for the country I am installing from. If Microsoft is truly a global company...
  28. stant1rm

    Phenom X6 1055T Stubborn

    I have a Phenom X6 1055T I have been trying to overclock. I have this Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128451. My problem is whenever I try to overclock it, my PC will not POST. It powers on and all my fans run, but nothing appears on the screen. I have to...
  29. G

    Scsi scanner to usb

    Hello,I am looking for a cable for an Agfa Duoscan scanner which needs a SCSI 25 top and 25 bottom male connecter to a USB to plug into an Imac,any ideas please, Thanks Dave
  30. D

    PrintRite inks

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Multi-Union Trading Co Ltd of Hong kong produces Print Rite inks amongst others. Thought I'd just let you know. Davy
  31. G

    HP Laserjet 1012: very annoying "Unsupported Personnality"..

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Every once in a while, my Laserjet 1012 stops printing the requested pages and instead prints: Unsupported Personality: PCL I have to restart the printer before it restarts printing. What the hell is that? GP
  32. G

    Colour printer

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I'll try and be brief. I need to spec a colour laser (or laser quality) printer for a remote site that uses MS Terminal Server over a 512kb link. They already use a HP colour LaserJet 4550dn, which prints at 4ppm, but I think...
  33. G

    LaserJet 1000 interface

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi all, i have a HP LaserJet 1000 with what looks like only a 25 pin female interface, like a parallel port on a pc, and it came with a HP USB adapter that plugs into the printers port and subsequently into a pc USB port. I was wondering...
  34. T

    Logitech MX700 Mouse

    I bought the new Logitech MX700 Mouse. It seems to last forever before it needs a recharge. Who can tell me the charge times?
  35. D

    PC Games Crashing

    Hello, all. I ask for some help regarding every game I play crashing to the desktop or freezing up. I believe it started soon after I upgraded from a GTX 260 to a GTX 480. No matter what game I play, it will randomly crash or freeze. All of my games are steam games. Sometimes I can play for a...
  36. mikes1992

    Have I damaged my motherboard/CPU?

    I was using MSI control center to experiment with an overclock I raised my bus speed from 100mhz to 103mhz and it instantly froze and the power light was flashing as if it was in standby mode, I switched the PSU off and unplugged the power as the power button was unresponsive... the power light...