Viper

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Viper.
  1. S

    Good pc or not

    is this a good pc 2gb ddr3 intel q8200 intel dp45sg mobo 250 gb hdd xfx 4870 500w psu cooler master xp32 bit cooler master rc690 and can it run th latest games? thanks
  2. G

    Overclocking voids your warranty? Not a chance.

    There has been a lot of noise about overclocking voiding the manufacturer’s warranty. I am still not sure how that practically happens. Take processors for example. You run your Celeron566 at 850MHz and one sunny day it stops. You take it to you dealer and say: “Mr. Dealer my processor is no...
  3. T

    Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G

    Hi everybody, This is not actually question about my motherboard, it's about my cpu, but everything starts with motherboard right? :) So, lately my cpu is overheating absurdly. When ever I turn on my computer, when it logs on and when I open, lets say, two applications at the same time...
  4. NerdBBQ

    How to disable FDD on AsRock Z77 Pro3?

    So my Windows 7 installation keeps hanging on "Setup is starting..." forever, and a solution posted was to disable the floppy disk drive port since it's not being used. I'm kinda a newbie as this is my first PC Build, so thanks for the help.
  5. B

    What temperature should my MB run at?

    I just built a new PC and i installed Asus PC Probe and it says that my motherboard is at 40C and it has a warning next to it. Is this too hot and is this why it has a warning?
  6. AMDhog

    Cpu fan istalation help

    which way is best to insatll the zalman 9500a onto the cpu? i have a zalman gs 1000 case and a asus m3n-ht-deluxe mobo. I am confused as to which eay to install the zalman cpu fan Help
  7. O

    Ouch did i get to much RAM.

    Ouch did i get to much RAM, is that even possible bcos i cant utilize it all. Case is, i just bought a new system, CPU : Athlon 4200+ X2 Motherboard : ASUS A8N32-SLI Graphic Adaptor : ASUS EAX1900XT HDD's : 2xRaptor 36GB in Raid 0 And finaly i added 4GB...
  8. G

    Recovering Award BIOS on Gigabyte 7VT600-RZ... how?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) My Award Bios (MB Gigabyte 7VT600-RZ) seams dead, on last boot I can see this message (or something like this): Award Bios .... "searching for backup in hard disk" Bios auto recovering. The HD leds flash and after some...
  9. inspecter71

    Will my bfg nforce 8800 gtx oc 768mb be compatible with thefollowing?

    THIS IS MY FIRST SERIOUS BUILD THATS WHY HAVE HAVE BEEN ASKING THESE QUESTIONS FROM TIME TO TIME. I NEED TO KNOW IF MY GEFORCE 8800GTX OC 768MB WILL WORK FINE WITH MY NVIDIA NFORCE 650 I ULTRA MOTHERBOARD, MY MOBO ISNT SLI BUT I AM NOT RUNNING 2 VIDEO CARDS.I WILL BE YOU A ANTEC TRUEPOWER 850...
  10. S

    8G RAM on ga-970a-ds3?

    Can anyone confirm they're running 8G sticks of RAM on the GA-970a-DS3? Or can anyone point me in the direction of a Memory Support list for a ga-970a-ds3 motherboard that isn't direct from the Gigabyte website? The list from the website only lists up to 4G modules but the site clearly states...
  11. M

    Serial ATA on MSI KT6V-LSR

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?) My question is has anyone setup their Windows XP to run off of the SATA drive and was there any performance improvement over installing to the EIDE drive? -- Mark MCSA, CNA, A+, Net+, iNet+, Server+
  12. J

    how to enable P.A.T.

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) How is P.A.T. enabled , ga-8ik1100rev2 Is it the optimized default settings in the bios ? if so, is this better than raising the fsb......i'm runing a 2.8 @ 3.0 now using fsb.............thanks......JohnC
  13. K

    New comp wont turn on, BIOS crash

    I built my computer a a few weeks ago. First Mobo broke within the first 3 weeks. Bought a new motherboard.... Worked fine for ten minutes, went to update BIOS and 80% way in, windows comes to a slow halt and crashes. Rebooted it even with the Asus disk and it longer does anything. Lights and...
  14. G

    2nd A7N8X-E that I can't get the A1 or A2 DIMM slots to work

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Memory that works great in the DIMM B slot, won't work in either DIMM A slot. At first I thought it could be how the board is installed, but even with the board out of the case I get the same problem. I ordered and...
  15. G

    FOUND: Swords of Fury drop target sticker source

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) I found the exact hologram orange sticker material for the Swords of Fury pin drop targets. http://www.mccormicksnet.com/mccormicks/tapes.htm I ordered some last week, got it today, and it's the same stuff. Stick it on and go.. nice Pete in Mass
  16. S

    Best RAM for 3570k

    Hey everyone, I'm looking for some good memory to go with my 3570k. I am looking for 16GB (2x8) that way I can add another 16GB (same brand and model) down the road. Is it better to go with a 4x4, or since I plan on adding the same brand and model does it matter? So far I am looking at...
  17. 1

    Build advice from the pros

    Well I'm about to surf over to newegg and order the parts for my first home built system. I've been reading all these boards and all the articles on this and other sites for a while, but I haven't managed to find a good guide that will walk a newbie like me through the actual build process...
  18. J

    athlon 64 or athlon 64 x2 series?

    I was just wondering if i should save a few dollars and buy a a64 3000+ venice core instead of paying $200 more and get something that i dont need. I really dont play many games, but i am selling my pentium 4 630 series cpu/mobo and stuff and going back to amd. What you think?
  19. A

    Settings for ram on an xp with 4 gb

    Hello, I've got a quad 9550. I have 4 gb ram. Yet under intial size (MB) it says: "2046" I am using cs4 & need as much RAM as possible: 1) How do I get xp to recognize 4gb (4092 MB)? 2) How do I find out what type of ram is on my PC? Device Manager doesn't give me this info. 3) Would 64 bit...
  20. P

    Huge gap between 2200+ and 2100+??

    In the "<A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/20021111/nforce2-16.html" target="_new">Athlon On The Fast Lane: Three Motherboards with nForce2-Chipset and Dual-Channel DDR</A>" article, it says I'm confused, why does he make it sound like it's such a huge difference? i.e. what's the...
  21. E

    Why do people hate VIA / KT333?

    It seems like a great chipset from all I've read. A few people on this board, however, have shown great disdain towards the KT333 chipset and VIA in general. This is all that's holding me back from purchasing an Asus A7V333 motherboard, but try as I might, I can't seem to find any bad reviews or...
  22. J

    On board cache

    Is there a noteable performance difference in cache size on different cpu chips? in example the 2500 with 640k total and the 2400 with 384k total? Is this even important? Thanks
  23. E

    Python22 - is it necessary or even helpful?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) Sorry for the emulation of the subject line of the prior thread, but it's appropriate. My Compaq Presario S4020WM purchased last summer from WalMart came with Windows XP Home and a myriad of unnecessary junk software &...
  24. G

    PAL Playback on NTSC DVD Players

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) Do the DVD players sold in the US play PAL (Convert) video into a NTSC TV? Thanks
  25. M

    Comments on the following Radeon brands

    Im looking at getting either a Radeon 9700 NP or maybe pro. Im still thinking about spending the extra doh. I know Sapphire is a top brand but what about a couple other brands i have seen around offering cheaper priced cards: Powercolor & Excalibur. Any experiences with these? thanks in advance.
  26. Z

    Need expert help

    Okay I have posted probably 3 times in the past week. I am trying to get this computer build down and really buckle down on whats needed or whats not needed etc. I need all the help I can get, and thanks again everyone! The main issue is this, I am trying to figure out if I should go with the...
  27. I

    Is my pc build fine ?

    Hello , guys ! :hello: Here is my pc build list : gtx 670 2gb windforce cooler master 212 evo vengeance 2 x 4gb ddr3 ram cooler master 212 evo asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard i5-3570k processor 3 120mm cooler master fans 1080p 60ghz monitor intels 120gb ssd will asrock z77 extreme cause...
  28. may1

    Cpu cooler around 65mm tall?

    Im looking for a cooler that is compatible with the coolermaster elite 120 case (max height of 65mm). Any suggestions?
  29. P

    Battery or Charger?

    Hi guys, I recently bought a fairly new laptop (Asus K43S) overseas (6 months old). Love it, but then something happened just randomly. One day came back from school, then tried to boot up my laptop, expecting to see my laptop charged as always 24/7 (habit). Then it suddenly stopped charging...
  30. bluerotkev

    What is this CPU?!?!

    I've acquired the following CPU for not a lot of money and after some hardware tweaking and a little help from the Forum I've got the temperature down from a "Dangerous" 81°C to a much healthier 56°C on full load. The only thing is, what CPU is it? It was sold to me as a Q9100 yet this is an...
  31. A

    Gateway LT4004u - How to get to RAM

    Does anyone have a PDF of whatever support guide Gateway gives their techs for the LT4004u netbook? I'm about to do a memory upgrade on mine, but this thing doesn't have the typical / obvious hatch they hide memory under in most laptops / netbooks, and I have no intention of tearing this thing...