[SOLVED] “Reboot and select Boot Device”

May 20, 2022
I need help. Just recently build a new PC and took out my old storage devices and moved them over. I gave my old PC to my girlfriend and we bought a new SSD which is the only form of storage on this new PC. However when i try to boot it up it says “Please Reboot and Select Boot Device”. I’ve tried messing with the boot setting on BIOS, resetting the CMOS battery but nothing seems to be working. Is this an issue due to the fact that Windows was installed on another HDD that is not longer installed on said PC?

Specs:
Gigabyte ga-z270m-d3h
GeForce GTX 1060 3gb
EVGA 850 GQ
San Disk 3d SSD 512gb
Intel i5 1550

Solution
However when i try to boot it up it says
Which 'it'...the old or the new system?

The NEW system needs a full OS install.

USAFRet

Titan
Please tell us what drives were in which system, and where they are now.

This is almost certainly a case of installing the OS in the old system, while more than one drive was connected.
This resulted in the boot partition ending up on a different drive, which you have now moved to this new system.

I need help. Just recently build a new PC and took out my old storage devices and moved them over. I gave my old PC to my girlfriend and we bought a new SSD which is the only form of storage on this new PC. However when i try to boot it up it says “Please Reboot and Select Boot Device”. I’ve tried messing with the boot setting on BIOS, resetting the CMOS battery but nothing seems to be working. Is this an issue due to the fact that Windows was installed on another HDD that is not longer installed on said PC?

Specs:
Gigabyte ga-z270m-d3h
GeForce GTX 1060 3gb
EVGA 850 GQ
San Disk 3d SSD 512gb
Intel i5 1550
You need to install Windows.

USAFRet

Titan
However when i try to boot it up it says
Which 'it'...the old or the new system?

The NEW system needs a full OS install.