[SOLVED] “Windows can not find a certificate to log you on the network” error on Windows XP

person31

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Hi,

We have had our broadband upgraded and we have installed it and are using it fine on most of our devices. Whenever I try to connect to the network on my Dad's XP computer, I get the following error message: "Windows can not find a certificate to log you on the network”. I have tried these but with no success:

Unchecked the Enable IEEE 802.1 authentication checkbox

Tried every combination of encryption, alternating between Open, WPA and WPA-PSK.

Removing the network and letting Windows find it again.

I don't know what else there is to try. Any help is much appreciated!

Solution
  1. Check the date/time and region on the XP system to make sure it's accurate.
  2. What is the model # of the new modem/router? It's possible that it simply does not support XP system connections due to their lack of support. Contact your ISP to verify.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
  1. Check the date/time and region on the XP system to make sure it's accurate.
  2. What is the model # of the new modem/router? It's possible that it simply does not support XP system connections due to their lack of support. Contact your ISP to verify.

-Wolf sends

Solution

person31

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Thanks for the replies guys. In the end I just bought a new USB wifi adapter for 2 quid. I'm thinking that the old PCI in that was previously used may have been incompatible with WPA-2 given its age.