£100 gaming processor for newer games (witcher 3 e.t.c)???

nulgathlarva123

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
I have an a8 6600k processor running with a gtx 960 but the processor is bottlenecking the graphics card and im not getting the performance i could. Looking for an £100-ish proccessor that will run the witcher 3, ark, gta v e.t.c and will not bottleneck the card.
I also know that i will require a new motherboard but im on a tight £150-ish budget for a processor and a motherboard. The 6600k uses about 95-100% of all its cores while running bf3 ultra and the fan gets really loud, i dont know if its dangerous or not.
P.S I want to preferably run the newer games at high-very high settings and will not have to replace the processor in a year or 2. I know its kinda specific but could ya guys help me out here?

Solution
For no bottleck and play good games you need an i5. I have an i5-4460 with 960 and from experience I tell you that something worse than i5 or fx8350 will bottleneck it

(gta v ultra 60fps With 100%CPU USAGE)

When the fans get really loud it means that the cpu is getting too hot...

stavrosmast

Honorable
For no bottleck and play good games you need an i5. I have an i5-4460 with 960 and from experience I tell you that something worse than i5 or fx8350 will bottleneck it

(gta v ultra 60fps With 100%CPU USAGE)

When the fans get really loud it means that the cpu is getting too hot...

Solution