Question £1000 Gaming Build - Please Advise

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Readycheck

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014
Purchased below. 1/2 from Scan, 1/2 from Amazon. For an extra £15 I swung towards the MSI mobo just to avoid any risk of me not being able to update it or something and being forced to ask for help again. Hopefully it was a sensible decision. Thank you both for your input.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7WbDr6

Total cost £1044.38 (with shipping and DVD drive included)

Last edited:

Readycheck

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014
After purchasing a DVD drive (primarily to install Windows really) I noticed the Corsair 275R has no optical bays to fit a DVD drive...

Does this mean you are forced to use USB drives for installations? I know I'm getting old but didn't realize DVD drives were so obsolete.

EDIT - Apparently Google just says to use USB drive for installing things. I guess it's only Windows I even have on a disk anymore. That's that then. God I feel ancient. Thank god I didn't buy a new Windows disk lol.

Last edited:

ConanLock

Commendable
May 22, 2019
Yes USB is the norm nowadays...
I still use DVDs and CDs a lot though, as I play quite a few old games. If you ever come across a time when you need to use the DVD drive, you could just open the side of the case and put the DVD drive on top of the PC and plug it in, or put it on the ground if the cables are too short.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS