£600-£800 Editing PC Build?

WilliamP_87

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Budget Range: £600 - £800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Vegas Pro 11.0 editing, TotalMedia Extreme HD PVR Recording, Live-streaming (using XSplit probably, if not Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder), Gaming, Watching Media (Movies etc), Internet Surfing.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Country: United Kingdom - Can order overseas if significantly cheaper though.

Parts Preferences: No real preference.

Overclocking: No

Hi.

I am going to build a PC with my dad, I am 16. I have a budget of £600-£800 and mostly want to use it for lots of video editing. I want it to be very fast as Live-streaming takes A LOT of usage. Not sure on exact.

I have no real preferences because I am oblivious when it comes to computer parts (apart from the basics).

I hope you can help me with little information, and sorry for that. Thanks ALOT!

Intel release some new CPU's at the end of the month, I would wait for that and get the i5-3570K. Pair that with 8GB RAM, get a Z77 motherboard and the HD 7870 graphics card. You should be able to get that for under £800 and it would be fantastic for editing and games.

WilliamP_87

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012

Ah lovely thanks man :)

WilliamP_87

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012

Yeah I was wondering why the i5?
Where would you recommend I go to buy these?
Also I was wondering if I could fit an USB 3.0 in there? I don't know exactly if its included or whatever but I was told by a friend of mine that he would suggest I make sure I have a USB 3.0 and I have no idea how to get one etc but I am assuming it is to do with the Motherboard or Processor?

The i5 is ideal for games, just as good as an i7 for a lot less cash. This is because i7's aren't really designed for games. USB 3.0 will be on the motherboard. Basically any Z77 motherboard will include it. www.aria.co.uk is a good place in the UK. Some other places include; Ebuyer, Overclockers, Scan, Microdirect.