[SOLVED] (£700) Building a PC for Photoshop and Photography and also gaming

ronanwhite2011

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019
Hey guys. Looking to get a new PC that I will be using for photoshop and for photography editing etc, but I also want to play games at like high or max settings with a good amount of FPS and I’m just wondering if anyone would be able to help me pick out parts for the PC?

I don’t need windows I have it already but need everything else, I also kind of like aesthetics so if that could be considered too 😂

Thanks guys

Solution
See instead of that Ryzen 5 3600, there’s a deal going on on amazon where you can get a Ryzen 7 2700x for a little more but it’s an 8 core cpu n it’s a next gen so would the extra cores n threads be better for rendering and stuff and would it perform better when gaming?? Or should I stick with the 3600
The 3600 has better single core performance and you don't have to OC it but I would have to look at benchmarks for gaming performance.. the 2700x would be better for rendering but you said you were just doing photo work so it really shouldn't factor in.

That being said if you drop to a 2600 and up the budget enough to get a RX 5700 you'd get significantly better performance

EDIT: By the looks f things the 3600 is better than the...
Hey guys. Looking to get a new PC that I will be using for photoshop and for photography editing etc, but I also want to play games at like high or max settings with a good amount of FPS and I’m just wondering if anyone would be able to help me pick out parts for the PC?

I don’t need windows I have it already but need everything else, I also kind of like aesthetics so if that could be considered too 😂

Thanks guys
What. Games. What. Resolution!!!

also do you need a monitor?

ronanwhite2011

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019
What. Games. What. Resolution!!!

also do you need a monitor?
It’s actually for a friend so I’m not too sure on the resolution. Pretty sure it’s 1920x1080 only a 60hz monitor but I’m gonna tell him to get a monitor separately to the price he will be paying for the pc

Also probably triple A titles like call of duty and stuff and I’m not too sure what else. Just demanding titles if you get me 😂😂

Edit
The monitor he will be getting is probs gonna be a 24/27inch 1080p 144hz curved monitor with 1ms response time if that helps 😂😂

Last edited:
It’s actually for a friend so I’m not too sure on the resolution. Pretty sure it’s 1920x1080 only a 60hz monitor but I’m gonna tell him to get a monitor separately to the price he will be paying for the pc

Also probably triple A titles like call of duty and stuff and I’m not too sure what else. Just demanding titles if you get me 😂😂

Edit
The monitor he will be getting is probs gonna be a 24/27inch 1080p 144hz curved monitor with 1ms response time if that helps 😂😂
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tqxNNq

See instead of that Ryzen 5 3600, there’s a deal going on on amazon where you can get a Ryzen 7 2700x for a little more but it’s an 8 core cpu n it’s a next gen so would the extra cores n threads be better for rendering and stuff and would it perform better when gaming?? Or should I stick with the 3600
The 3600 has better single core performance and you don't have to OC it but I would have to look at benchmarks for gaming performance.. the 2700x would be better for rendering but you said you were just doing photo work so it really shouldn't factor in.

That being said if you drop to a 2600 and up the budget enough to get a RX 5700 you'd get significantly better performance

EDIT: By the looks f things the 3600 is better than the 2700X

R5 3600 Review

Last edited:
Solution
This build spends more on the graphics card which will give much better fps in games.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£128.97 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£70.98 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£58.29 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£59.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card (£269.99 @ Box Limited)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (£29.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£69.99 @ PC World Business)
Total: £688.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-19 14:36 BST+0100