[SOLVED] «Pins» behind CPU socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2020
Hello.

I was installing an new cooler for my CPU. When i removed the bracket behind the cpu socket i accidentally broke off 3-4 of those small «pins» on the backside of the motherboard (the pins behind the cpu socket).

I put the computer back together to test if this would have any negative effect on the CPU, but i cant find any problems. The computer works just fine both at idle and under stress test.

my question is: will those broken off pins have any negative effect for my computer now or in the future?

i dont have an picture of my motherboard. But i have a link to an picture that show the pins im talking about. Picture number 2 from the top.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I agree with ex_bubblehead (cool name). Their loss may show up in the future depending on the task the CPU needs to accomplish. But there's not a lot you can do about it really.

What happened? Did the backplate stick coming off or something?

Apr 27, 2020
Okey! Thank you.

I was removing the old bracket on the backside of the motherbaord so I could install a watercooler.
The old bracket was glued on. So I used a thin knife to remove the glue and then I accidentally pushed to far and some of the pins(capacitors) broke off.

I have played COD: Warzone now for 1.5 hours and the computer perform as normal! I will look into the possibility of changing the motherboard. But for now I will just monitor the computers performance and see if it suddently changes :)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Okey! Thank you.

I was removing the old bracket on the backside of the motherbaord so I could install a watercooler.
The old bracket was glued on. So I used a thin knife to remove the glue and then I accidentally pushed to far and some of the pins(capacitors) broke off.

I have played COD: Warzone now for 1.5 hours and the computer perform as normal! I will look into the possibility of changing the motherboard. But for now I will just monitor the computers performance and see if it suddently changes :)
Yeah, that sounds like all you can do. You'll probably not have any issues, but it will all depend on what circuit the capacitors were part of. Maybe you're lucky, and they were redundant.

Reactions: Simonzki
Status
Not open for further replies.