µTorrent slow download

viggo_

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Hi!
My µTorrent is extremly slow, my actual download speed is 18Mbps or ~2,1MB/s. I've port forwaded, my computer is set as high priority in my router and i've never had any of these problems before. The torrent i'm currently am trying to download maxes out at ~200KB/s but before i factory reset the computer it downloaded at the correct 2,1MB/s.I've tried 2 other bittorrent client Vuze and qBittorrent, exactly the same. I've tried multiple config guides and none has worked.

Solution
windows will start to throttle your network connections when lots of connections are being used. This is to slow down botnets, windows does not tell you it is doing it other than a entry in your eventlog.
all network connections are counted even ones you don't realize you are using. Like NVidia shadow play connecting to the loopback driver (your graphics card streaming software streaming to your own machine)

you can have your torrent software allowing other people to connect to your machine, it can limit your downloads. even software like skype and Microsoft onedrive and your browser limit the downloads.

Also, fast small connections start a 3 minute timeout after they finish, you have to wait 3 minutes after the connection...
windows will start to throttle your network connections when lots of connections are being used. This is to slow down botnets, windows does not tell you it is doing it other than a entry in your eventlog.
all network connections are counted even ones you don't realize you are using. Like NVidia shadow play connecting to the loopback driver (your graphics card streaming software streaming to your own machine)

you can have your torrent software allowing other people to connect to your machine, it can limit your downloads. even software like skype and Microsoft onedrive and your browser limit the downloads.

Also, fast small connections start a 3 minute timeout after they finish, you have to wait 3 minutes after the connection closes before the system will allow another connection.

start cmd.exe as an admin then run
netstat.exe -b
this will show the connections and their state. the -b option will tell you the name of the binary that is using the network connection. it can be useful in figuring out why your connection is being limited.

also, be sure to update your network driver, often old versions will have bugs and will make applications like virus scanners and streaming software slow to a crawl. get the network driver update from your motherboard vendor.

Solution