Question ‘No signal’ display using mini displayport

Jun 10, 2019
hi so i am using a macbook pro 2011 running windows 10 through boot camp. i’m trying to get my mini displayport to hdmi adapter to give a signal on my Acer h236hl, i’ve tried; updating graphics drivers & display drivers, uninstalling them and reinstalling them, turned off fast start up, switched cables, used on a different pc, and more.
but nothing has worked for me thus far. i know the dongle isn’t broken because when i tried it on the macOS side the display worked.
my macbooks display on windows 10 is labeled as ‘generic pnp monitor’ and i believe my Acer h236hl would be one too, how do i fix that so it recognizes ?
i’m not sure if this has to do with running windows 10 through boot camp.
sorry if this question is confusing but i really want this to work and i need help.

Jun 10, 2019
i have Intel (R) HD 4000, i’m not really into this but i’ve updated it automatically but not manually yet, on the intel website i can check what drivers need to be updated and there are none, intel says i’ve updated every driver on my computer

ok so try this trick see if it works, with the mac on and the monitor connected and on hit reset/restart on mac and close the lid on the mac. Let the mac go through restart with lid closed and see if the monitor gets a signal. If it does then simply open the lid and it should go dark for a second and both screens should work.

Jun 10, 2019
hey sorry i just got home to test this, my monitor lit up and the windows logo appeared but went dark, i opened the lid and it went completely black and back to no signal