‘No signal’ on monitor as I attach new gpu

jms133

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Hi, as I was playing a game, my computer shut down and turned on, but I kept on getting a ‘no signal’ sign on my monitor and even on my flat screen tv. I opened the side of my pc and my gpu (Gtx 780ti) fans were not spinning like they used to. However, all other components seemed to work perfectly. Therefore, I decided to get a new gpu and got the radeon rx 580. I installed the new gpu and it also seemed to work perfectly (lights and fan turned on). But, I was still getting the ‘no signal’ sign. I tried using a dvi and hdmi, but none worked. In all of this, my integrated graphics seems to work as soon as my gpu had no power from the 8-pin pci-e cables or if the gpu isnt inserted into mb at all. I have tried resetting cmos, reseeding ram, and changing pci-e slot to another one, but none of the solutions seemed to work. Also, my gpu gets enough power from mb when I only insert it into a pci-e slot without a 8-pin pci-e cable connected to the gpu.

Personally, I believe my mb is faulty.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Specs:
Cpu: I7 3770

Mb: Lenovo CIZ75M

Gpu: Initially Gtx 780 ti, but now Radeon RX 580 4gb

Psu: Corsair cx600

Solution
Static electricity damage? Have you been touching the circuits, get shocks or anything? They sound like a snap. Also check if the gpu is in correctly.