‘Star Wars: Battlefront’ Boasts 9.5 Million Players In Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenadserbia

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I never payed a single dollar or euro for a game (except some very small in-game purchases in WOT and Navy Field), but I just might go for this one.

G

And the game has no private servers/browser. So when they decide to shut down their corporate servers down in a couple years, you are stuck with a useless game, unless you enjoy shooting bots all day.

Seamz

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
I never payed a single dollar or euro for a game (except some very small in-game purchases in WOT and Navy Field), but I just might go for this one.

This game in my opinion will be worth buying the base game, forget the season pass btw I think the idea of the season pass is silly. The immersion I felt playing this game was unlike any other game in the genre so far (FPS w/Vehicles). The combination of the sound effects and the way the bodies drop when they die and the graphics sold me on it. I won't be pre-ordering because of Dice/EA's record of having amazing limited BETA's and then the release was full of bugs you didn't see because of that limited view... cough cough BF4.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009

Though i am a SW fan i really hope people won`t go head in first on buying this game... i did the same with preordering BF4 back in the day and it took them half a year to make it play decent :)

Fooled me once, not gonna happen again. Developers / publishers need to understand that rushing an unfinished game on the market (one that can cost up to 110$) is a no go!

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

People will never learn. The need to have the game on day one beats the common sense knowing it won't be bug free until next year. :D

I agree. I think the new movie is generating tons of buzz and helping to boost the game.

It wasn't bad though. If it launches in the state it was in at the Beta then it might be one of the less buggy games at launch. Of course a lot can happen between now and launch so...

I think one of the most remarkable things about the game that seems to have gotten little attention is how hardware friendly it is while still looking gorgeous even on low-mid-range PCs. Even on a single GTX 680 at 1080p on ultra quality/FXAA it was hitting low-50s average FPS on my backup rig. My 970 SLI destroyed it at 1440p at the same quality settings. I just wish I'd have taken readings of how much GPU memory it was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS