Question “ Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" while playing games on my Dell G3 laptop ?

Oct 13, 2023
So every time I play a game after like half an hour or so, my game crashes (blue screen giving the error VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR ), then when I relaunch the laptop my discrete GPU is gone, like missing from task manager and hidden in device manager. To fix it I have to restart my laptop then the Nvidia drivers come back and when I play my games again the same problem happens after a few minutes of playing the game. It's never happened unless I'm playing a game.
I have tried:

• reinstalling the graphics driver from NVIDIA.
  • removing the graphics driver using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling the latest one.
  • running sfc and dism

None of the above methods helped.
    My laptop is out of warranty so don't suggest I take it to the Dell service center as they will just say to replace the motherboard, I know that and that will be like buying a new laptop.

My laptop is a Dell G3 15 3500
    Specs -
    i7-10750H
    RTX 2060 6gb
    16Gb ram
    256Gb SSD
    Windows 11 home

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
Try running MSI Afterburner and reduce the GPU power from 100% to 95%. This fixes a problem I have during video rendering on an RTX 3060. It reduces GPU power dissipation from 170W to 160W in my system. Your laptop's GPU is probably overheating.

Latest posts