[SOLVED] “Input Signal Out Of Range” (PLEASE respond asap)

Jun 29, 2019
This isn’t related to CPUs. Please don’t click away. I just need as immediate an answer as possible because I’ve been working so hard and going at it all day and its past midnight and this seems like the most active forum. It’s about my monitor...? or my graphics card? No idea. I just need an answer ASAP.

I installed my new graphics card today and I’m currently downloading the drivers for it. Before I started downloading, I changed the resolution from whatever it was (definitely not my monitor’s) to 1920 x 1080, what my resolution has always been. Once I began downloading the drivers, however, my screen eventually became totally black, and every couple seconds, the screen flashes this message for about a second before turning back to black again:

“Input Signal Out Of Range!
Current Mode: H = 68.0kHz V = 80Hz
Change Mode to 1920 x 1080 - 80Hz”

I don’t know what any of this means.
everything I’ve found about “input signal out of range” doesnt mention “H” or “V”, and I literally switched the resolution to 1920 x 1080 already, and ive been sitting here while it does the black screen, pop-up, black screen loop for 3 hours. 1) Is anybody awake? 2) Am I safe to just turn my computer off and go to bed? Would the driver be downloaded by now? 3) What do I need to fix?

1 and 2 are the most important as of right now.
Thanks

Solution
It is most probably cable problem. Does your vga fans are spinning? Do you hear any beep sound when you start your pc? Can you go into the bios? What is your pc specs? It could be more helpful for us to try to figure out your problem.

As Unknown E mentioned try those steps.
And also try your Vga in a different slot.
But my feeling is that it is your cable.

If you have Intel processor with built in vga try to connect the cable to its(motherboard) vga output to make sure that problem is not your cable. And to check if you get signal like that.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Would help to know what components are involved here.

Please list your full system specifications to include the power supply and display model numbers.
How are you connecting the display to your graphics card?

-Wolf sends

P.S. "Immediate need" doesn't mean, "I'll put it in the most active forum".
Moved to Graphics.

Unknown E

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2016
Most monitors show "Input signal out of range" is due to the fact your hardware is outputting signals that's more than what the monitor can be capable of. You might want to try one of these:

1. Starting your PC in safe mode and redo what you've done earlier
  2. Use another monitor
  3. Try using a different cable.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
It is most probably cable problem. Does your vga fans are spinning? Do you hear any beep sound when you start your pc? Can you go into the bios? What is your pc specs? It could be more helpful for us to try to figure out your problem.

As Unknown E mentioned try those steps.
And also try your Vga in a different slot.
But my feeling is that it is your cable.

If you have Intel processor with built in vga try to connect the cable to its(motherboard) vga output to make sure that problem is not your cable. And to check if you get signal like that.

Last edited:
Solution
typical monitor run @60Hz - you probably over clocked it beyond the spec.
boot in safe made - uninstall the driver and reboot.

you should get a standard VGA resolution and be able to resume what you were trying to do
This is what I'm thinking it is too---80hz is only going to work for certain monitors.

And you probably don't even have to uninstall the drivers--just boot up in safe mode and change the resolution to the same one with 60hz refresh, not 80hz.