[SOLVED] “Reboot and select proper boot device” I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is

gesessions

Honorable
Feb 18, 2016
So, a couple nights ago I was about to go to bed and I got a blue screen on my pc. It was trying to detect the issue so I left it on and went to sleep. Yesterday, when I turned my PC on it had a black screen for a long period of time and then it would say reboot and select proper boot device. I went into BIOS to make sure everything looked okay boot priority wise. At first it didn’t show my ssd in boot options but still showed my current memory size. I tried it again and now my ssd is showing correctly. I only have the one.
I’ve plugged up new cables and that didn’t fix the issue. I’ve also taken out my ram and cleaned. I’m not exactly sure where to go from here. I’m fairly new to this and now sure what kind of steps I should take.
Here are my specs:
R7 1700 8 core 16 thread processor
16gb (2x8gb) ddr corsair lpx ram
MSI B350m gaming pro motherboard
XFX reference RX 480 8gb graphics card
500gb s700 hp SSD
EVGA 600B 80+ bronze power supply

Solution
So, a couple nights ago I was about to go to bed and I got a blue screen on my pc. It was trying to detect the issue so I left it on and went to sleep. Yesterday, when I turned my PC on it had a black screen for a long period of time and then it would say reboot and select proper boot device. I went into BIOS to make sure everything looked okay boot priority wise. At first it didn’t show my ssd in boot options but still showed my current memory size. I tried it again and now my ssd is showing correctly. I only have the one.
I’ve plugged up new cables and that didn’t fix the issue. I’ve also taken out my ram and cleaned. I’m not exactly sure where to go from here. I’m fairly new to this and now sure what kind of steps I should take...

Mattp2017

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
I’ve plugged up new cables and that didn’t fix the issue. I’ve also taken out my ram and cleaned. I’m not exactly sure where to go from here. I’m fairly new to this and now sure what kind of steps I should take.
Here are my specs:
R7 1700 8 core 16 thread processor
16gb (2x8gb) ddr corsair lpx ram
MSI B350m gaming pro motherboard
XFX reference RX 480 8gb graphics card
500gb s700 hp SSD
EVGA 600B 80+ bronze power supply

If you can make you a bootable windows flash drive try booting to that and running a repair. You may can get to the advanced startup options and trying startup repair from there too. You can get it to come up sometimes by pressing F11 as soon as your computer reboots but if not if you reboot and then immediately power it off with your power switch and do that 3 or 4 times it will trigger the advanced startup options screen.

Solution