Question “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.“

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
Hi,
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T440s. Yesterday i click the power button to start my pc. The main battery is always out because the pc permanently sits on my desk. The F1, F4 and Fn keys in the left corner down are lighting up and the laptop don't start. I push with a needle the little hole underneath. No change.
I open the pc and disconnect the second battery and reset it. I left it 10 min disconnected.
Nothing... The problem fixed after i remove the one ram from slot and put it back. But..

After a week, yesterday, the screen said "ERROR
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.

I did wait, but itnever restarted. I close it by pressing the power button for some seconds.
After some hours , I start it up , all ok.

But after some minutes, again the same. Now, again working ok but i believe soon i will have the same issue.

What is wrong, what can i do ?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may have captured some related error codes, warnings, or even informational events at the time of the described problems.

Any given entry can be clicked for more details. The details may or may not be helpful.

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I use the windows memory diagnistic.

The windows test show, hardware problem but i couldnt find what exactly. Problem found in only 10% of test . But in 85% the pc again shut down with error.
Now what ?

Ralston18

Titan
What error codes are being presented?

Go beyond the memory diagnostic.

Use Reliability Monitor and Event Viewer to look for error codes specifically related to the pc shutdowns.

= = = =

Try running the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Objective being to discover if there are any corrupted or buggy files.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I removed the extra slot of ram, because i thought that maybe this do the problem and run sfc/scannow. Hoping that the extra ram, not the soldered one, is the reason
sfc didnt show any problems without it - - - " Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations "

Also i run again the windows memory diagnistic. This time , didnt find any thing wrong, the test completes, and the pc , works allready 45 min now with no rpoblem.
I am not professional, but i believe that is the problem possibly.
I will buy a newa one to put on.

Last edited:

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I will buy a new ram stick of 8gb. Do i have to buy a famous brand , for performance and quality, crucial or anythinmg else, or cheaper on will do the job fine also ?

TRENDING THREADS