• Billy Mays to Pitch Microsoft Zune HD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]my_name_is_earl[/nom]What's freakier than this guy? That Shamwow guy[/citation]

Yea, Too bad might not see him again after he beat up that hooker. True Story.

"You'll love my nuts"

Geibys

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]justinblue[/nom]Hi,No, this article is entirely fake. I'm so sorry for the confusion. I am going to try to get the note saying it is fake to be made much more obvious.Justin[/citation]

If it were more obvious it wouldn't be funny!

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I heard about the hooker beating from the Shamwow guy too lol... Who beats a hooker? Besides you would expect him to be able to get some poon (thanks to being well known) other than a hooker. Maybe not though, considering the starting of every conversation he has is probably, "Hey! Aren't you that guy from the Shamwow commercials?". Was better then than now I guess, "Hey! Aren't you that guy that beat up a hooker?!".

joex444

Distinguished
Justin - what's so hard to get that note larger. It's intentionally made small. Just include it as the last line of the "article" and it will be much more apparent that this is one more in a running series of joke articles.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
joex444,

I definitely agree with you. In the future, I will request it be made larger. There really is no reason to have it especially made to be smaller! Right now, I have no permissions to change it :(

Justin

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Fake news doesn't really belong together with the real news IMO. If Tom's wants to do comedy then get a tomscomedynews.com domain for us to laugh at (pun intended).

G

zune is way ahead of the curve. after 3 dead ipods i gave up and decided to go with the "primative" and unpopular zune. after a few days with it i wa amazed how much better of a device it was than i was used to with apple. yes its not as pretty but the ui and features really suit me better. not to mention how much my thumb appriciates the zune pads "flicking". im not sure why everything has to be a competition, there is plenty of room for ipods and zunes. (and good to see apple finally copying zune ideas for you poor ipod users! like wifi and direct downloading from the zune shop and ptp sharing)

G

haha, as for zunes being for people hanging on to HDDVD, all disc media is dead so i feel bad for people that bought blu-ray too. streaming media!!! (btw the zune hd can stream HD movies directly to your hdtv with no wires) so hang on to that baby!

Azgoroth

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
It would make an entertaining episode of Pitchmen if Microsoft approached Mays and that other guy with the Zune HD and Mays turned it down because he thought it wouldn't sell.

G

Interest fact (as far as facts presented by anonymous internet people with no sources go) Billy Mays has actually trademarked and patented his face and the facial hair style used.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
I'm excited because if I call now (or within the next 29 minutes) I'll get a second one for free just pay shipping !!!

G

I will only buy a Zune if it comes with a Billy Mays ultramanly beard.

G

"Sales seem to have been restricted to Bill Gates’ children (who the billionaire refuses to allow own any Apple devices) and those still hoping that HD DVD will beat out Blu-ray in the format wars."

An absolutely unnecessary, irresponsible and insulting comment!

Robert17

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Aw, come on. "But wait, there's more. Order now and you'll get 2 Zunes for the price of one. Just pay extra shipping. Have your credit card ready......" Two Zunes. Two Zunes. Two Zunes........

G

I actually thought this was real. Then half way though the Stallone WiFi article I thought, "NO WAY!". Thanks Toms. I was one step away from making a complete fool out of myself to my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.