• Teachers Twitter Lessons for Jaded Youths

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
This is a joke, right? Is this Tampa teacher going to teach her kids how to fill out a McDonald's application in 140 characters or less?

G

@fuser: Your comment was 136 characters, and you were able to make your point quite clearly!

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Does it get the job done? Not really, if you forget anything out of one tweet, you've lost the entire story and it's not good. If you read the entire play and forget 30% of it, you still remember the gist of it. What happened to having a little bit of fun quoting something deep, or even something stupid from plays you've read in English? I think rather bluntly this is a very very very poor over-simplification. Try doing PROPER grammar in 140 characters or less.... There has to be more ways to keep kids awake in class, honestly. I think if this becomes widespread we will see the consequences to society in intelligence/capability to speak, whole correct sentences. Thismarks a regression in the English language I would have to say.

G

So... Best of Media considers Twitter a joke? I think I'm starting to like these articles.. :3

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
HMMM I think they are right about this. Didnt Stephen Hawkings explain the Theory of everything in less the 140 Char's.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual ]

The sad thing is....that in today's society this could actually be a true story. We are eventually going to produce a generation where if you can't place information in a 15 second sound bite their interest will wane and end up staring into the sun with drool coming out of their mouth.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom][• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual ]The sad thing is....that in today's society this could actually be a true story. We are eventually going to produce a generation where if you can't place information in a 15 second sound bite their interest will wane and end up staring into the sun with drool coming out of their mouth.[/citation]
Exactly.. It took me until the first quote to realize the Terminator article was fake, but it wasnt until I got to the end of this one that it set in.. Im pretty sure that every kid I know under 16 couldnt even make it through that whole twitter without their eyes glazing over.

Status
Not open for further replies.