• Women Attracted to Scent of Anti-Static Bags, More

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
"(• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual ]
Image: courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedmurphy/"

Entirely made up, or was the scent research real?

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
B-unit,

The way they do research on scents is real (AFAIK). Also, the facts about smells and their affects on attraction are real. However, no, there was no research on the scent of Anti-Static bags or mountain dew :)

Justin

well the smell thing is real and has some effects - thats why we all mask our stench with deodorant etc

oh and my dad used to work in exchanges all day and did always smell the same like electrical etc - doubt it makes any difference smelling nerdy etc

garborg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Right... It has nothing to do with the test being conducted in Berkley, the only place in the world that lives in it's own Universe.

Now that would be a better study. "Why Berkley is stuck up"

I expect stuff like this on April 1st, where it's appropriate. But, May 23rd, Memorial Day Weekend? Since when did Tom's turn into a nerd herd joke website?

I thought this was a tech/hardware news website...

theangrygimp

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
[citation][nom]knightmike[/nom]Yes! I knew wearing an anti-static bag over my junk would pay off one day![/citation]
Hahahaha.... Don't get too close to your speakers with that thing. Don't want it to get adversely pulled down by magnetism. ;)

Lighten up people, it was just good fun!

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
I know what women want. They want a man that is confident in him self and is not under endowed and knows how to make them laugh and (uhhem) feel and of course if she has brains, has his life together. I liked this article because I thought it was funny and I'm bored at work for twelve hours.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Anyone who thinks women are not attracted to muscle is a fool. Having been both skinny and later a bodybuilder, there is NO comparison. Girls are much more upfront about it than guys too, so it's not a big mystery.

Obviously, you have to build muscle properly, and not be asymmetric, or have bad proportions. A barrel chest, big waist, and poor proportions probably will not work even with a lot of muscle. But, if you build properly, the geeks have no chance. Well, for most women. I did date one girl that said she didn't like muscular guys because they made her feel too small, so obviously there are exceptions. But as a rule, the difference is dramatic. It's not even subtle, because women are not subtle about it.

This study does not disprove it. You can't smell thick, aesthetically built muscle (well, hopefully not, and if you can, get a shower). If you put a picture of some pencil necked geek, or some pot-bellied hairy backed gamer, next to a well sculpted, thickly muscled guy, and showed pictures, or movies, you think they wouldn't get any indication of greater sexual arousal viewing the muscular guy? They would, by a longshot.

Although, they might like the pot-bellied silverback ape if he had dollar bills tatooed on him, for a subliminal effect. Muscle is fine, but, money is what makes life easier, right? Women are pragmatic about these things.

G

It's fake dude. There's no Megan Wang at the Psych department at Berkeley.

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Well... It is weekend entertainment content!

[• This story, marked with a • is weekend entertainment content only and should not to be considered factual ]

Status
Not open for further replies.