[SOLVED] ≈2000€ Pc Build

Nov 3, 2020
Hi guys,
This is my first ever time building a pc and I want to be sure to have most things right, so I need your help. The pc I plan to build is the following :

Parts* :
Price*** :
  • 449.00€
  • 159.99€
  • 178.00€
  • 149.99€
  • 179.99€
  • 719.00€
  • 137.72€
  • 144.99€
  • 106.27€
  • Total : 2224.95€
I was wondering about the fans, is it better for airflow to have 5x120mm fans or 4x140mm fans? The list on top is currently with 5 Corsair ML120 (including the AIO) but variants with Corsair ML140 do exists (including AIO).
Thanks for reading this far :)

* : List can be viewed on Pc Part Picker
** : May be replaced by an AMD Radeon Rx 6800 xt, but I am waiting on independent reviews.
*** : Prices are from Pc Part Picker with all merchants activated from the preferred merchant list.

Last edited:
Solution
1. Mostly gaming, with some rendering and 3D rendering (very little)

2. My budget is around 2000€ and I am from Belgium, Europe.

3. This Pc Part Picker list should be visible and up to date. As you can see in the list, Pc Part Picker gives a warning saying the motherboard will probably need a bios upgrade, so what is that all about?
Ignore the warning...
https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-R...il-January-2021-at-the-earliest.497827.0.html

I would do something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core...
Looks pretty solid.
6700xt would be a wise choice after review.
The only change I will make is grab a pair of 3600mhz CL16 kit instead of CL18. They cost around similar range...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | €154.88 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | €154.88
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-04 08:02 CET+0100 |

Nov 3, 2020
Looks pretty solid.
6700xt would be a wise choice after review.
The only change I will make is grab a pair of 3600mhz CL16 kit instead of CL18. They cost around similar range...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | €154.88 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Total | €154.88
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-04 08:02 CET+0100 |

Thanks for the advice,
I will be looking into the ram with lower CL but I was wondering if you had an opinion on the fan question that I added to my post?
The question being :
Is it better for airflow to have 5x120mm fans or 4x140mm fans? The list is currently with 5 Corsair ML120 (including the AIO) but variants with Corsair ML140 do exists (including AIO).
Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the advice,
I will be looking into the ram with lower CL but I was wondering if you had an opinion on the fan question that I added to my post?
The question being :
Is it better for airflow to have 5x120mm fans or 4x140mm fans? The list is currently with 5 Corsair ML120 (including the AIO) but variants with Corsair ML140 do exists (including AIO).
Thank you for your time.
Ideally a 140mm can pump more air compared to a 120mm but if you pit 2x140mm with 3x120mm, eventually the result will be same or similar for similar CFM units. I would go with whatever looks better with the case and make sure that the fans have high CFM which is more important than the size.

For eg. 3 of these will be way better than the fans you have selected...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Case Fan | Scythe Slipstream 110.31 CFM 120 mm Fan | €7.29 @ Aquatuning
| Total | €21.87
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-05 10:49 CET+0100 |

Nov 3, 2020
Ideally a 140mm can pump more air compared to a 120mm but if you pit 2x140mm with 3x120mm, eventually the result will be same or similar for similar CFM units. I would go with whatever looks better with the case and make sure that the fans have high CFM which is more important than the size.

For eg. 3 of these will be way better than the fans you have selected...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
| Total | €21.87
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-05 10:49 CET+0100 |

Thanks again for your answer,
I was wondering if the difference between “your fans” and “my fans” CFM is that yours are airflow fans and mine are static pressure fans ? My fans are still probably not very good though.

Might be, and probably am, wrong : I don’t know much about fans and can’t seem to find an answer...

As always, thanks for your time.:)

I was wondering if the difference between “your fans” and “my fans” CFM is that yours are airflow fans and mine are static pressure fans ? My fans are still probably not very good though.
Isn't the point of having fans is to flow as much air as possible, why use static pressure fans??? Static pressure fans makes more sense with radiators.

Nov 3, 2020
Isn't the point of having fans is to flow as much air as possible, why use static pressure fans??? Static pressure fans makes more sense with radiators.

I guess your right but like I have an AIO which comme with static pressure fans and I need 3 more fans in front which would be better with airflow , I would need two different fan models, but I would like to have the same fans in front and on top for aesthetics... That’s why I think I will keep the fans the same way, on less you have any suggestions ?
Thank :)

I guess your right but like I have an AIO which comme with static pressure fans and I need 3 more fans in front which would be better with airflow , I would need two different fan models, but I would like to have the same fans in front and on top for aesthetics... That’s why I think I will keep the fans the same way, on less you have any suggestions ?
Thank :)
Ohh, i forgot about the corsair radiator, my bad. Yeah its fine that way, you can keep them. Personally I am not a fan of AIO and would take a high end air cooler instead, any day, but thats me.

Nov 3, 2020
Ohh, i forgot about the corsair radiator, my bad. Yeah its fine that way, you can keep them. Personally I am not a fan of AIO and would take a high end air cooler instead, any day, but thats me.

The reason I went with an AIO is that it’s roughly the same price* as of a high end air cooler but should be able to do a better job. Am I right, or not ? Would love to have your advice.

I also watched independent reviews on the new ryzen 5000 series and some reviewers said that the ryzen 7 5800x wasn’t a good option because for 150€ less, you get roughly the same gaming performance and for 100€ more, you get the same gaming performance but better creativity performance... I don’t agree but would like to have your opinion.

Otherwise, would you think that this build is good : would you buy it if you had that budget ?

Thanks a lot for all your help, it really means a lot to me :)

*air cooler + 2 x fans = AIO ( Since the AIO includes two preinstalled fans)

Last edited:
The reason I went with an AIO is that it’s roughly the same price* as of a high end air cooler but should be able to do a better job. Am I right, or not ? Would love to have your advice.

I also watched independent reviews on the new ryzen 5000 series and some reviewers said that the ryzen 7 5800x wasn’t a good option because for 150€ less, you get roughly the same gaming performance and for 100€ more, you get the same gaming performance but better creativity performance... I don’t agree but would like to have your opinion.

Otherwise, would you think that this build is good : would you buy it if you had that budget ?

Thanks a lot for all your help, it really means a lot to me :)

*air cooler + 2 x fans = AIO ( Since the AIO includes two preinstalled fans)
The reason I don't like AIOs is because, even though its very very rare, a leak can potentially take all your hardwares out. I have been building rigs for years now but i saw one of these accidents in my early days on a friends machine and since then I am averse to all things liquid on a rig. Things have changed since those days but AIO accidents and pump failures are not unheard of even now. And if I remember correctly, that was a Corsair unit too, can't remember the model though.
Apart from that, an air cooler is like install and forget, bit a AIO needs maintenance from time to time. Not to mention that a good quality AIO is way more expensive than a good quality air cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU Cooler | CRYORIG R1 Ultimate 76 CFM CPU Cooler | €85.96 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Total | €85.96
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-07 06:39 CET+0100 |

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU Cooler | Zalman CNPS20X 61 CFM CPU Cooler | €79.51 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Total | €79.51
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-07 06:40 CET+0100 |

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler | €99.90 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Total | €99.90

Here is a performance Tier list for your reference...

Coming to the 5800x, it surely is the odd one out amongst the new releases...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x2BYNimNOU

Coming to the build, you parts list is locked so not visible to me. Anyways, if you want my opinion, I have 2 questions upfront.
  1. What is the build for?
  2. What is your budget and location?

Nov 3, 2020
The reason I don't like AIOs is because, even though its very very rare, a leak can potentially take all your hardwares out. I have been building rigs for years now but i saw one of these accidents in my early days on a friends machine and since then I am averse to all things liquid on a rig. Things have changed since those days but AIO accidents and pump failures are not unheard of even now. And if I remember correctly, that was a Corsair unit too, can't remember the model though.
Apart from that, an air cooler is like install and forget, bit a AIO needs maintenance from time to time. Not to mention that a good quality AIO is way more expensive than a good quality air cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU Cooler | CRYORIG R1 Ultimate 76 CFM CPU Cooler | €85.96 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Total | €85.96
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-07 06:39 CET+0100 |

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU Cooler | Zalman CNPS20X 61 CFM CPU Cooler | €79.51 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Total | €79.51

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler | €99.90 @ Amazon Deutschland
| Total | €99.90

Here is a performance Tier list for your reference...

Coming to the 5800x, it surely is the odd one out amongst the new releases...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x2BYNimNOU

Coming to the build, you parts list is locked so not visible to me. Anyways, if you want my opinion, I have 2 questions upfront.
  1. What is the build for?
  2. What is your budget and location?

3. This Pc Part Picker list should be visible and up to date. As you can see in the list, Pc Part Picker gives a warning saying the motherboard will probably need a bios upgrade, so what is that all about?

Last edited:

Ignore the warning...
https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-R...il-January-2021-at-the-earliest.497827.0.html

I would do something like this...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor | €450.00
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler | €99.90 @ Paradigit
Motherboard | MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard | €225.89 @ Alternate Belgium
Memory | Crucial Ballistix RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | €195.00 @ Azerty
Storage | Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | €139.89 @ Alternate Belgium
Video Card | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card | €750.00
Case | Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case | €82.89 @ Alternate Belgium
Power Supply | SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | €109.90 @ Paradigit
Case Fan | Deepcool RF 120 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack | €33.98 @ Alternate Belgium
| Total | €2087.45
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-07 16:47 CET+0100 |

Solution

TRENDING THREADS