[SOLVED] $0-300 budget building/upgrading

Solution
In your opinion, is dedicated graphics worth preparing for/ buying? And micro-atx vs atx vs ect?

If you plan on doing any high end gaming ever you want to have a dedicated graphic card.

As for the board size it really depends on how large physically you want the system. a Full ATX board requires a larger case, there are also more slots for you to install cards into, however these days Its rare that the average user needs more than a single GPU. Sound cards aren't very common anymore unless you're an absolute audiophile, other than that you may want to add a WiFi card if you don't have a network connection nearby.

However MicroATX generally leaves you enough room to have a GPU and one other card so you would likely be...

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I'm new to this so. I'm buying wherever possible.

Every single part you picked is a hard no. Literal waste of money.

Follow this guide and post in here your needs and we can help you build something

Reactions: Bradensbro20051
Oct 21, 2020
Approximate Purchase Date: NA

Budget Range: 0-300$ after rebates and shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Coding, gaming, and general use.

Are you buying a monitor: Maybe:
I have a tv I can use, but i'm unsure if this is doable.

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using
I already have 4 DDr3 4gb sticks of ram

Two sticks are planet life samsung
One stick is Kingstone
I also have 3 Hard Drive so Im set on that
Do you need to buy OS: No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
(e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)
Na, whichever is trustworthy, I have amazon prime tho if that helps at all.
Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available
Newport Maine US area

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)
AMD
Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe
Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe
Maybe
Your Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200 or if you're upgrading please state what you'd want to get)
1366x768- TV resolution
Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC. Please also list specific software or games you're using)
I have no idea about anything of stuff, even through i've done 10 hrs of research. I apologize if i'm asking for too much anywhere, I'm not looking for anything amazing just an upgrade that I can upgrade even more later. If there anything I didn't explain properly just say something below. Thank you for any help!
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)
I need a better computer to code. Also to run games better. Such as running minecraft better.

You can find lots of refurbished office computers on ebay/ walmart cheap.

Core I5/I7 8 gig ram Windows etc...$ 129- 229
Take the components out of the Dell/HP/lenovo oem case and put them in your case of choice.

The power supply is the wrong type for your chosen case.
And as others have said, those parts are a very bad investment if buying new.

Examples
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-9020-...rkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D5f08f2670771e510e11e6d85

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat...uters&sort=price_low&typeahead=refurbished+co

Oct 21, 2020
You can find lots of refurbished office computers on ebay/ walmart cheap.

Core I5/I7 8 gig ram Windows etc...$ 129- 229
Take the components out of the Dell/HP/lenovo oem case and put them in your case of choice.

The power supply is the wrong type for your chosen case.
And as others have said, those parts are a very bad investment if buying new.

Examples
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-9020-Computer-i5-4570-3-2GHz-Windows-10-OS-Keyboard-Mouse-WiFi-Bundled/143686422097?hash=item217460ce51:g:zYsAAOSwvQdfNEo0&_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D5f08f2670771e510e11e6d85

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=desktop_computer_type:Business+Desktops&page=1&query=refurbished+computers&sort=price_low&typeahead=refurbished+co
From what
"a budget future proof setup "

No. Not even a little bit.
That wasn't "future proof" a decade ago.
Any advice then?

Oct 21, 2020

Follow this guide and post in here your needs and we can help you build something
Thank you! I did that sadly no replies yet! But still thank you so much!

Oct 21, 2020
Reactions: Unolocogringo
Oct 21, 2020
That is a much better system!
Probably three times the speed of the original one.
It can be upgraded in 6 months or 2 years from now with a new processor or video card and be good for a few more years.

My first post is for people looking for something as cheap as possible.
Your parts list made it look that way.
Sorry!
Do you recommend atx, micro-atx, ect for a begginger pc builder? The design I said I like, but im worried it may not be future proofed enough (aka may not have enough space due to being micro atx). It can handle the specs I eventually want it to have CPU and ram wise but PCI slot, GPU, and cooling I dont know.

Oct 21, 2020

In your opinion, is dedicated graphics worth preparing for/ buying? And micro-atx vs atx vs ect?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If you plan on doing any high end gaming ever you want to have a dedicated graphic card.

As for the board size it really depends on how large physically you want the system. a Full ATX board requires a larger case, there are also more slots for you to install cards into, however these days Its rare that the average user needs more than a single GPU. Sound cards aren't very common anymore unless you're an absolute audiophile, other than that you may want to add a WiFi card if you don't have a network connection nearby.

However MicroATX generally leaves you enough room to have a GPU and one other card so you would likely be totally ok with that. It also allows you to have a smaller profile case which is nice. MicroATX can serve about 95% of users well enough.

MiniITX I do not recommend for a beginner, everything is very tightly packed so its harder to build. They also often cost more. The advantage is of course you can use a very tiny case if thats your thing.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS