MrNoodles

Honorable
Apr 15, 2015
I had recently wanted to secure erase my SSD using parted magic and attempted to do so last night, but I accidentally secure erased my hdd instead, which isn’t a big deal since it’s not my Windows drive. After I realized I did that, I went back and secure erased the SSD that I wanted to originally. When I got done, I booted to windows and tried to install some steam games on the drives and neither of them work. They are both completely empty and they both say 0 bytes free. When I try to install a steam game on them it says disk write error and when I check the drive it is the steam library folder with a few other files oin it but the game never installs. I’ve tried reformatting the drive and everything I’ve fseen online using disk part. Once again, there is NOTHING on the drives except the steam folder when I try to install a game, and when I go into disk part and type list disk, both of the drives that I erased come up with 0 bytes free and they’re both 1TB drives. Does anyone have any solutions? I don’t wanna drop another $150 on drives. Thank you for your help in advance.

Solution
Disk 1 (931GB/1TB) should work as normal.

Your Disk 2 has no drive letter assigned.
What options does it give you if you right click on that space?

For Steam, you need to create a folder and tell the Steam client of those locations.
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

MrNoodles

Honorable
Apr 15, 2015
You can't "secure erase" an HDD.

Please show us a screencap of your current Disk Management window.
Upload the pic to imgur.com and post the link here.
I used parted magic and I 100% secure erased my HDD. It took hours.

The two drives that are 931GB are the two that are showing 0 bytes free, the D and E drives. I’m currently using the ‘chkdsk’ command in cmd to see if that will do anything.

USAFRet

Titan
Disk 1 (931GB/1TB) should work as normal.

Your Disk 2 has no drive letter assigned.
What options does it give you if you right click on that space?

For Steam, you need to create a folder and tell the Steam client of those locations.
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

Solution