[SOLVED] 0 RPM vs Always Spinning on GPU

poorbugger

Distinguished
So i have a question. Is it better to set my gpu fan curve to let it stop running at 40C or just 10%fan all the time during idle regardless of the temps being cooler than 40C. Because i feel it's better to let my fan running all the time at low speed instead of it starting and stopping a lot

Solution
So i have a question. Is it better to set my gpu fan curve to let it stop running at 40C or just 10%fan all the time during idle regardless of the temps being cooler than 40C. Because i feel it's better to let my fan running all the time at low speed instead of it starting and stopping a lot
I don't think it matters much. I don't think starting and stopping a fan wears on it much more or less than just running it at 10%. I think the difference in wear on the bearing will be minor.
I don't think it matters much. I don't think starting and stopping a fan wears on it much more or less than just running it at 10%. I think the difference in wear on the bearing will be minor.

Solution
it depends on what you want from your system. this feature were build more for acoustic reasons. personally i don't really like my GPU to idle at much higher temp (and end up increasing my ambient temperature) so i just put the minimum at 40% or so. in my case it doesn't really matter if i use those 0db feature or not because my case fan still louder (since i ran them at 2000rpm) than my GPU with 100% fan speed haha

TRENDING THREADS