Question 0% usage in task manager, uses only the intel hd graphics 4600

Jun 6, 2019
I have this problem since 2018 and I cant seem to find a person that can solve it. I have a problem where everything is plugged and made sure and in nvidia graphics panel all is put to use the migrated nvidia graphics card, but the game I play it uses the intel hd graphics not the graphics card (GTX 760A btw) The only games it uses the graphics card is when I play fortnite and roblox. why??? I dont understand why not use it in every game I play?!?! (for example rocket league, league of legends, apex legends)
Here are some screenshot examples http://prntscr.com/ny8hvo

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Possibly the other games haven't been set to use Nvidia properly. Fortnite and Roblox are both using Nvidia so we know the option to force the card is working properly in these games.

In the programs list for the games that don't work, look for other related items to do with those games and try set them all to use Nvidia.

Jun 6, 2019
Possibly the other games haven't been set to use Nvidia properly. Fortnite and Roblox are both using Nvidia so we know the option to force the card is working properly in these games.

In the programs list for the games that don't work, look for other related items to do with those games and try set them all to use Nvidia.
how do I do that?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Trying the shortcut alternative?

In NvidiaCP under manage 3D settings there are options for global settings or application settings. Set the games you want in application settings. Locate the game's exe. That guide shows how.

There's two basic ways - either you do it by going into the BIOS and find the reset to default button(usually on the exit page), or you turn off your PC, unplug it from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for 10-15 minuts, then put the battery back in and plug in your PC. You can enter the BIOS on most motherboard by pressing Del key just as the system is starting up(before Windows loading starts).

Jun 6, 2019
There's two basic ways - either you do it by going into the BIOS and find the reset to default button(usually on the exit page), or you turn off your PC, unplug it from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for 10-15 minuts, then put the battery back in and plug in your PC. You can enter the BIOS on most motherboard by pressing Del key just as the system is starting up(before Windows loading starts).
ill try the first method

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Since other games work i doubt it's a bios issue. Besides, your laptop probably needs the igpu, your monitor is connected to it and Nvidia routes video through the igpu. Disabling igpu = most likely no display if it's running Optimus gpu switching.

what laptop model is it?

People have had problems running Origin games with the gpu if settings haven't been changed to force the graphics card. They have solved the problem by doing what is shown in the guide if done properly.

Hopefully restarting the laptop and relaunching Origin will tell it's games to use the gpu instead.