Question 0% usage in task manager, uses only the intel hd graphics 4600

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 6, 2019
I have this problem since 2018 and I cant seem to find a person that can solve it. I have a problem where everything is plugged and made sure and in nvidia graphics panel all is put to use the migrated nvidia graphics card, but the game I play it uses the intel hd graphics not the graphics card (GTX 760A btw) The only games it uses the graphics card is when I play fortnite and roblox. why??? I dont understand why not use it in every game I play?!?! (for example rocket league, league of legends, apex legends)
Here are some screenshot examples http://prntscr.com/ny8hvo

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well, that is weird. Possibly how ever Lenovo has the hardware set-up needs the igpu.
It basically ignored my GPU

Test with Gpuz, we'll see if this'll tell if the gpu is being used and Win10 is getting confused with some games?.

Run a game in windowed mode to watch the gpuz sensor graph coz if you minimise a game, that can stop the gpu from rendering whats on screen.

Jun 6, 2019
i dont understand what am I looking for
Well, that is weird. Possibly how ever Lenovo has the hardware set-up needs the igpu.

Test with Gpuz, we'll see if this'll tell if the gpu is being used and Win10 is getting confused with some games?.

Run a game in windowed mode to watch the gpuz sensor graph coz if you minimise a game, that can stop the gpu from rendering whats on screen.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
To determine if your gpu is actually working and if Win 10 gpu monitoring is getting it wrong.

Check as well Win 10 gpu usage while game is in windowed mode. It could be the gtx is used while playing but if alt tab to see usages, that's when igpu is used?

Jun 6, 2019
I doubt it is using because theres no way csgo 1080x720 barely 40 fps low settings same with rocket league low settings vsync on and like 1280x something
geforce experience is saying that I can medium settings 1920x 1280 easily

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Forget what GE says, it often sets too high settings for any graphics card, i never use it because it sets dynamic resolution and antialiasing too high and Gtx 760a isnt a strong card really.

Every common issue regarding the igpu being used instead has been said.

Oh well, up to you, if you don't want to report what ive asked, im not sure what else to suggest.

Jun 6, 2019
but how fortnite medium graphics and csgo low graphics low resulotion works worse than fortnite when it does show that gpu is being used for it but csgo not
Forget what GE says, it often sets too high settings for any graphics card, i never use it because it sets dynamic resolution and antialiasing too high and Gtx 760a isnt a strong card really.

Every common issue regarding the igpu being used instead has been said.

Oh well, up to you, if you don't want to report what ive asked, im not sure what else to suggest.