jsockol22

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I dont know what else to do, I keep getting a blue screen and errors. i check the dmp files and see 0x000000f4. Apparently its a "rare" error so I cant find any good help. Im not a computer guru and don't know to much. I built my Computer the other day and it was working GREAT until just a day or two ago and I started getting blue screens at random times. Sometimes I'm playing games, others I'm just surfing the web. And once I wasn't doing anything just sitting in my chair after I started it up. Heres what Bluescreenview shows.

Dump File: 021212-14305-01.dmp
Bug Check String: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Bug Check Code: 0x000000f4
Parameter 1: 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2: fffffa80`0de92060
parameter 3: fffffa80`0de92340
Parameter 4: fffff800`031938b0
Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
File Description: NT Kernel & System
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company: Microsoft Corporation
File Version: 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor: x64
Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Processors Count: 4
Major Version: 15
Minor Version: 7601

I have no clue what this means...at all. Here's what I got in my system.

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandybridge @ 3.30GHz
16GB Corsair Vengence 1600
EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mobo
60gb Corsair Force 3 SSD (boot drive)
1TB Samsung HD103SJ HDD (data drive)

Checked both hard drives for errors and finished with 0 errors found. Please help if anyone can. Thanks

Solution
It doesn't see your SSD because it's on the Marvel Sata port of the mobo....:(
You need to unplug it from inside and put it on the SATA Port which is labeled as SATA_1.
First you need to change the registry to enable AHCI through windows.... follow these steps:
Exit all Windows-based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
Locate and then click one of the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

Then reboot the system. Remember you will not be able to boot into windows unless you change the IDE Controller Mode in the BIOS from IDE/RAID to AHCI.
Therefore you need to get into the BIOS and change those particular settings.

After you have saved and exited the BIOS with the new settings to AHCI. you will be able to boot into windows, then run the Firmware update for the SSD with Admin Privileges.

jsockol22

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

Okay. After I run the firmware do I stay in AHCI or do i have to go back to the way it was?

Right Click My Computer> Properties
Advanced System Settings
Performance
Advanced
Look for Virtual Memory there.
Click on Change
You'll see a list of your drives there and the Allocated Pagefile on each drive.
Select the SSD and click on no paging file and then click Set.
On a different Drive, click once to select, then choose System Managed size and click Set.
Ok...Apply... ok... Apply & OK.
It'll ask you for a reboot. do it.

jsockol22

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Okay well im back bios was laready set to AHCI but one of those files had a 3 instead of a 0, changed it to 0 but the ssd firmware updater tool didnt see my ssd =(. I just did the part about the pagefile and it didnt ask me for a reboot should i just do a reboot anyway?

jsockol22

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
No, im sorry I wasnt clear. I changed the file from 3 to 0 then rebooted into bios then made sure that bios were set to AHCI then robooted again. then ran the ssd firmware Update tool and it didnt see my hard drive after that. So then I just did the pagefile change to my data hdd, I'm asking if I should reboot after that

jsockol22

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Okay well i rebooted once again, but the updater tool I downloaded still wont show my SSD. How do I check which firmware I currently have? Shoot for all I know the problem was that bios were already set to AHCI but that one file had a 3 instead of a 0. But I still want to check the firmware to see if its up to date and if its not I guess I'll call Corsair and ask them why my SSD isn't being seen.

Run both programs. You don't need to start the AS SSD benchmarking process. Just run the program till you get the beginning screen. Place both the programs together on the desktop, side by side and take a screenshot.
Paste it in MS Paint.
Save as JPEG, upload to any site and post it's link here.