Question 0x8007045d on fresh OS install on a new SSD

Dec 2, 2021
Hello Folks

I have a problem, I upgraded some components in my old gamin rig and wanted to do a fresh OS install now I get greeted by the 0x8007045d error.

My rig has:
Asus Z87-K mobo
Intel i7 4770K 3.5 CPU
16 gigs of Kingston HyperX RAM
and a new Samsung EVO870 1TB 2.5" SSD
I also switched the case and added some fans with a lightning node controller
I also have a 1TB and a 2TB HDD that are not connected by power or SATA when initializing the OS install.

I created a windows media creation tool on a 16GB USB and boot from the USB.

I select to install a new OS, formatted the SSD, the installer made all the partitions and then I chose the primary partition for the Install. At around 38% copying it gives me the error.

I genuinely don’t know what to do anymore, I switched the USB slots from case to mobo, I formatted the SSD multiple times, i took away every other usb drive that is connected so its only the mouse, the media drive, the lightning node and the case that are connected.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What were the parts that you swapped out/upgraded? A before and after of your specs would be a good idea. As for specs, please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You should make sure the Samsung 870 Evo is connected to the first SATA port native to the chipset. Age of the PSU used in the build?

Reactions: Doitordie
Dec 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What were the parts that you swapped out/upgraded? A before and after of your specs would be a good idea. As for specs, please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You should make sure the Samsung 870 Evo is connected to the first SATA port native to the chipset. Age of the PSU used in the build?

CPU: intel i7 4770k
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-K
Ram: Kingston HyperX 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600
SSD/HDD: Some old HDD switched ta a new Samsung 870EVO 1TB drive
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB switched to a Asus GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Phoenix
PSU: i don't know but it's 600w
Chassis: Old one i don't know, new one is a Fracral Design Meshiy C TG
OS: Original was Windows 7 Home Premium but was Upgraded to a Windows 10 License before the swap
Monitor: right now on a Samsung TV for the time

For the SATA port i pluged it in into SATA port 1, all seem to be native i think i don't see something else in the manual