[SOLVED] 0x800f0900 when trying to update windows , i turned windows 10 updates off a while ago in group policy editor

Apr 14, 2021
I was annoyed by the windows 10 updates but i really need to update it for a specific program,I watched a tutorial on how to turn it off and i remember i done it via the policy editor .I tried a bunch of things already which non of them worked .tried update via windows update tool , troubleshoot and much more but none worked if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated

Colif

Win 11 Master
What happens if you try to update win 10 using a windows installer?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

put USB into PC while it logged in
go to file explorer
navigate to USB and run setup
choose to upgrade current PC
it should run a wizard allowing you to save current programs, then restart and install the upgrade

I was annoyed by the windows 10 updates but i really need to update it for a specific program,I watched a tutorial on how to turn it off and i remember i done it via the policy editor .I tried a bunch of things already which non of them worked .tried update via windows update tool , troubleshoot and much more but none worked if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated
If using a 3rd party av/am turn it off....test.
Tried a clean boot?

Apr 14, 2021
What happens if you try to update win 10 using a windows installer?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

put USB into PC while it logged in
go to file explorer
navigate to USB and run setup
choose to upgrade current PC
it should run a wizard allowing you to save current programs, then restart and install the upgrade

I tried this was going well until the update finished i got a safe os error during Boot error