Obviously there are many others besides myself experiencing problems with
Messenger today. The error message I get has a code in the subject line of
this post and when I click on the "Help" button like the info box suggests,
all I see is "Service Unavailable". At 2:17, a popup appeared saying that
messenger would be down for approximately 1 minute. It is now 3:14.

Greetings,

Actually there have been problems for the past 36-hours or so, the service is presently still
down for maintenance.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert