0xc0000005 application errors

Wuff

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
Hi, every time I try to open an application on my computer it says "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close the application. The program wont even open, the error prompts immediately. The worst thing is that I cant manage to start ANY program at all - all computer programs give me this error, except for windows programs, like paint (except for I. Explorer which wont open up either). Even when I turn on the computer I get a row of like 6 errors for every program that open up on startup. I write this message from my phone cause the pc just wont work.. please help me !

Solution
I'm getting the same error myself..
did this happen to you after a windows update?

anyway, a temporary fix that helped me is going to system restore, and restoring to a point before the update when everything still worked,
still looking for a more permanent solution other than re-installing windows.

c5 is normally associated with bad drivers causing memory conflicts. go to the run bar and type "sfc/ scannow" without quotes. this will repair the bulk of your windows files and should make windows stable enough to start repairing drivers, get access to the event logs and so on...

as soon as you have done sfc. scan with an antivirus as it sounds like windows is being corrupted gradually...

JustSomeJoe

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
A C0000005 is thrown when an application tries to access RAM that either doesn't exist or hasn't been allocated to it.
If you are getting a c5 for all programs it usually means either you have picked-up something nasty, or one of your RAM sticks has gone bad.

omraya

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
I'm getting the same error myself..
did this happen to you after a windows update?

anyway, a temporary fix that helped me is going to system restore, and restoring to a point before the update when everything still worked,
still looking for a more permanent solution other than re-installing windows.

Solution

Lola Ramirez

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
If programs still do not start, put computer In safe mode with networking, select admin, perform a system restore from a previous day, or select a restore point before the problem occurred. This works 100%!!