0xc000000e caused by media drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB4times4

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
So I recently did a mostly full upgrade of my system because I was having boot problems and it was time to upgrade so I figured a fresh install of windows would fix the boot problem.

I couldn't boot because I was getting a 0xc000000e error when I tried. I then got a new psu, cpu, mobo, and ram. I reformatted my hard drive, and did a fresh install and everything went well. It then restarted to finish the installation and I get the error again. I unplug my 2nd hard drive (with all my music, movies, games etc.) and it boots fine. I'm confused how a hard drive that has never had an OS on it can cause boot errors. I booted into ubuntu before my upgrade and copied things off the media drive fine so I don't think the drive is bad.

Any ideas?

specs:
4gigs ddr3 ripjaws
phenom II x4 955 black edition
Corsaid CMPSU-650TX
Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3
radeon 4870 1gig

Solution
D
During installation you should only have the drive that will become C : connected.
No other drives should be connected not even flash media. I learned that the hard way after a few failed installs and alot of wondering what the hell I was doing wrong. I noticed the flash drive I was using for ReadyBoost was still connected when I went from Windows 7 RC to full retail ( clean install on different hard drives). Unplugged it and reinstalled with no problems.
D

Deleted member 217926

During installation you should only have the drive that will become C : connected.
No other drives should be connected not even flash media. I learned that the hard way after a few failed installs and alot of wondering what the hell I was doing wrong. I noticed the flash drive I was using for ReadyBoost was still connected when I went from Windows 7 RC to full retail ( clean install on different hard drives). Unplugged it and reinstalled with no problems.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS