0xc000000e error on boot

DrYeokesh

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Hi. I have dell inspiron n5110 laptop. I replaced the dvd drive with samsung ssd pro 850 128gb using a caddy. Then i went on to install Windows 10 OS on the ssd using a bootable usb drive. It installs as usual and asks for a restart. During restart, a blue screen results after bios screen saying the error 0xc000000e : the application or operating system could not be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

Below are further details abt the laptop : core i5 2430m
8gb ram
Wd 500 gb hdd
Sata mode : ahci

Please help me

Solution
Hey there, DrYeokesh.

You could try connecting the SSD in the laptop's drive bay instead of the HDD and try installing the OS from scratch, to see if the same issue occurs. Other than that it would be a good idea to try booting to Windows with the HDD connected to the HDD/SSD caddy and see if you're successful. You should also check the drive caddy manufacturer's website for available driver updates and install them. Another thing which you could try is to use a different USB flash drive as installation media and see if the same thing happens. You can try out this tutorial: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-usb-flash-drive-create-install-windows-10-a.html.
And last, but not least, you could try out the SSD with a different...
Hey there, DrYeokesh.

You could try connecting the SSD in the laptop's drive bay instead of the HDD and try installing the OS from scratch, to see if the same issue occurs. Other than that it would be a good idea to try booting to Windows with the HDD connected to the HDD/SSD caddy and see if you're successful. You should also check the drive caddy manufacturer's website for available driver updates and install them. Another thing which you could try is to use a different USB flash drive as installation media and see if the same thing happens. You can try out this tutorial: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-usb-flash-drive-create-install-windows-10-a.html.
And last, but not least, you could try out the SSD with a different computer (either externally or internally) and test it with a diagnostic tool, to see if anything out of the ordinary pops-up.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS