Question 0xc000000f error, tried everything I could find!

Bigi_dookieping

Prominent
Jun 1, 2020
Hello. I've always received great help from here, so I hope I can get my issue fixed this way.

I've already seen a similar thread, but I believe the solution wont work for my case. Also, pretty long one, I apologize.

So, it all started when I was trying to upgrade to an M.2 drive from a SATA SSD. I used AOMEI cloning service to clone everything I had on the SSD to the M.2.
I was thinking of deleting everything I had on the SSD, but when I selected the M.2 drive as my boot option, it still loaded onto the SSD, so I kept it. At this point, I have 2 drives with Windows plugged in, one of which doesn't want to be booted on.

I decide to restart my PC to get into bios, select my M.2 as booting option again and go for it.
Next thing I see is this 00xc000000f error with the BCD file missing/corrupted.
I tried everything that is in this Microsoft forums thread, youtube videos, nothing worked. I tried to check every solution available, doesn't work. I can't even find the ~500 mb partition with whatever is supposed to be on it. I had a few access denied messages along the way, fixed them, still nothing. I am ready to post any pictures you ask me to, or even a discord call if necessary. I really hope I can get this fixed!!

(Cables are fine, disk health is great according to the notepad trick in command prompt, everything is readable. Other than my HDD being selected as disk C, on which I definitely do not have windows and don't want to boot )

Bigi_dookieping

Prominent
Jun 1, 2020
Hello. I've always received great help from here, so I hope I can get my issue fixed this way.

I've already seen a similar thread, but I believe the solution wont work for my case. Also, pretty long one, I apologize.

So, it all started when I was trying to upgrade to an M.2 drive from a SATA SSD. I used AOMEI cloning service to clone everything I had on the SSD to the M.2.
I was thinking of deleting everything I had on the SSD, but when I selected the M.2 drive as my boot option, it still loaded onto the SSD, so I kept it. At this point, I have 2 drives with Windows plugged in, one of which doesn't want to be booted on.

I decide to restart my PC to get into bios, select my M.2 as booting option again and go for it.
Next thing I see is this 00xc000000f error with the BCD file missing/corrupted.
I tried everything that is in this Microsoft forums thread, youtube videos, nothing worked. I tried to check every solution available, doesn't work. I can't even find the ~500 mb partition with whatever is supposed to be on it. I had a few access denied messages along the way, fixed them, still nothing. I am ready to post any pictures you ask me to, or even a discord call if necessary. I really hope I can get this fixed!!

(Cables are fine, disk health is great according to the notepad trick in command prompt, everything is readable. Other than my HDD being selected as disk C, on which I definitely do not have windows and don't want to boot )
Addition to post above: My boot manager device doesn't match the boot loader device, could this be the issue?