0xc0000022 error after windows update - explorer.exe unable to start correctly

krellos

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
the error above keeps coming up when booting in normal mode. Safe mode works fine and still able to run iexplore in normal mode using task manager.

looked online and not really sure what to suggest (this error isn't on my pc I am trying to help someone and failing at the moment) suggested running the Microsoft fix it tool but blue screened and crashed.

any ideas?

Solution

I fixed it! Answer for anyone else who searches it

started up pc in safe mode
went control panel and set view to catagories
went to programs
theres an option that says something about windows updates... add or remove or change... something like that (sorry im on my phone and not near a pc)

When you get to this page sort by date and go to the section for windows updates. If you know exactly what update has broke it just right click and uninstall.

I uninstalled all updates installed on 1 day. The pc worked prior to this update so did that. Then restarted pc - takes a while to configure updates again and it worked fine!

krellos

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
I dont know how to uninstall the update. Its just a black screen. I can run from task manager but dunno what program to run

The update has also deleted all the restore points! :-s this was my first plan, sorry shouldve mentioned this - was shocked they have all gone!

krellos

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013

If I can use task manager is there any way of saving/backing up music and personal files beforehand?

krellos

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013

I fixed it! Answer for anyone else who searches it

started up pc in safe mode
went control panel and set view to catagories
went to programs
theres an option that says something about windows updates... add or remove or change... something like that (sorry im on my phone and not near a pc)

When you get to this page sort by date and go to the section for windows updates. If you know exactly what update has broke it just right click and uninstall.

I uninstalled all updates installed on 1 day. The pc worked prior to this update so did that. Then restarted pc - takes a while to configure updates again and it worked fine!

Solution

rjvcrisen5

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

Thank you so much, this really helped me

Milissa Woodward

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014

jose0212

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014

I cant open it on safe mode either, it says the same thing. What do I do?

bmfjr92

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
[/quotemsg]
I cant open it on safe mode either, it says the same thing. What do I do?
[/quotemsg]

Using the task manager run cmd.exe then from there use the command "sfc /scannow"

SKGrover

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

I Tried to solve the problem. I succeeded in restoring the position through restoring to an earlier point. Same results can be achieved by uninstalling windows update of an earlier date.
SKGrover

Containerfox

Reputable
May 19, 2015
What I did was put the HDD externally to another computer and take ownership of the HDD. (right click HDD and go to properties-> security -> advanced) From here, I took complete ownership of the entire HDD (except the windows folder, which I took ownership of separately later). I then put that "Everyone" had read/write access to the entire disk and windows folder.

It worked like a charm. The PC now boots up perfectly and explorer.exe doesn't give me an error.

This worked for me, not garuanteed to work for everyone else.

//Containerfox