Question 0xc000007b Error , Please Help, Urgent Vegas/Mocha

Jan 9, 2019
Hello
Im posting here because i ran out of ideas and solutions. As you can read in the title i get the "0xc000007b" error but in only 3 applications.Those are:

-Pes 2019
-Sony Vegas 16
-Mocha Pro 2019
I really need Vegas 16 and Mocha to work, i don't care about the game. I have tried almost everything and im dry of ideas :

-Rebooting (duh)
-Reinstalling the applications (numerous amounts of time)
-Uninstalling .Net Framework and installing the new version (after that a reboot)
-Installing the applications on virtual machines then copying the files of the program to my PC (failed with the same error, but works on another pc - not mine)
-Uninstalling all of the Visual C++ Runtimes and installing all of them from the techpowerup site (they have an all in one C++ installer - just a bat file with the actual installers)
-Making sure they aren't blocked by my Avast Premiere - im 90% sure that its not my AV
-And i even did the method of downloading the Common DLL files to replace in the Sys32 folder and the SysWOW64 - i even followed the tutorial thats on this website - still sadly didn't work.

And yeah, i can call myself techsavvy but i always get the most random problems that can't be resolved on my PC, any help would be appreciated

NOTE:Just to note , im not planning to Format my PC in any way shape or form. And i haven't done a chkdsk or a sfc /scannow because im scared , yeah ik sound dumb but i am. Thanks in advance :):(

BTW i don't have any other problems that are happening right now.

PC Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Sp1
GTX 750 1gb
i5 - 2500
8gb ram
500gb (pretty old hard drive)

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019
The stop error is a file system problem. Possible causes failing hdd, corrupted file system, cracked software or malware.
What am i supposed to do now? I mean everything else is wokring fine just those 2 lets say, and both of em aren't cracked , for now, they are just free trials.And im positive there isn't any malware, im 101% sure about that 😕:confused_old:

Idk what else i have left, like the only two things that are most precious to me aren't working but might i add that Sony Vegas 15 works flawlessly, again not cracked, free trial :confused_old::(

Jan 9, 2019
Run a HDD diagnostic from the drives manufacture.
As i said, its pretty old, so a chkdsk is my only chance? But it has a tendancy to make an even bigger problem , i have experienced that on another pc, does msi afterburer have anything, look idk im desprate and i dont have a way of backup. If i had i would formated like couple of years ago. I guess if i dont have another i fix i'll just wait some time until lets say i get an ssd or hdd and do a fresh start or somthing like that. Do i have any other options? :unsure::(

bignastyid

Titan
Exactly how is it age preventing you from running diagnostics? If the hdd is failing a chkdsk can make it worse. Where a failing drive is a possibility you may want to take a good look at a backup option, all important data should be backed up regularly regardless of system age. What if that old drive was to suddenly fail? HDDs are one of the most common points of failure.

Jan 9, 2019
Exactly how is it age preventing you from running diagnostics? If the hdd is failing a chkdsk can make it worse. Where a failing drive is a possibility you may want to take a good look at a backup option, all important data should be backed up regularly regardless of system age. What if that old drive was to suddenly fail? HDDs are one of the most common points of failure.
Yeah you are right in every aspect, and i have acknowledged that, about it failing, because i think its on its last legs, idk it just feels like it even thoe i've got a decent pc, its stills sometimes (especially on boot) sluggish. Anyway about the diagnostics what tool do you recommend? Its and old Toshiba 500gb HDD (to be more precise toshiba dt01aca050) And about the error lol i've got a lot of bad things just coming my way :p and if i had an option i would of backed up a long time ago, but i dont have another hdd for examle and my internet is lets just say bad (1megabit upload) so i think cloud backups would be my savior. Idk whatchu say? And thanks for replying and taking your time i really appreciate it,sorry for disturbing.

Jan 9, 2019
Toshiba's HDD diag
https://support.dynabook.com/support/driversOSResults?freeText=1200010598

Flash drives aren't too expensive and should be sufficient for most important things and is better than nothing.
Sure, thx for the help, soo for my problem rn there isnt a fix? Idk , and i know they are cheap but i just recently shelled out my money on the pc and i skipped the most important one , my hdd, just because i didnt want to go through the hassle, none the less, i still dont know what to do, but thanks, imma leave this thread just in case someone had though of something (probably not gonna happen) and i hope that this diagnostic tool wont fail my hdd even more haha :p imma tell u what happened tommorow, again tyvm :) :) cheers